Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I found a way to make it to Mass tonight, but a part of me feels bad that I couldn't do enough for my dad before I left. I didn't want him to remain hungry so I set the kitchen up so that he could reheat something he made yesterday, but it was something he didn't even like on the first day. The problem is, I had very little time to get ready to go to Mass and I could not think of anything else for him to eat. He ate it while I was gone, but I wish I could have set up something more palatable for him. I feel like I didn't take good enough care of my dad before I went to church. I feel like my dad might think that I chose church over taking care of him.

(I know...we're supposed to choose God over everything but I didn't like feeling like I was neglecting my dad)

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found a way to make it to Mass tonight, but a part of me feels bad that I couldn't do enough for my dad before I left. I didn't want him to remain hungry so I set the kitchen up so that he could reheat something he made yesterday, but it was something he didn't even like on the first day. The problem is, I had very little time to get ready to go to Mass and I could not think of anything else for him to eat. He ate it while I was gone, but I wish I could have set up something more palatable for him. I feel like I didn't take good enough care of my dad before I went to church. I feel like my dad might think that I chose church over taking care of him.

(I know...we're supposed to choose God over everything but I didn't like feeling like I was neglecting my dad)

(Is your Dad disabled or ill and unable to care for himself?)

It does not sound to me at all, that you were neglecting your Dad while taking care of your spiritual needs.
The better you are doing spiritually, the better you will be equipped to handle these challenging situations with your Dad.

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status