• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I went to church

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went to Church today but I am still worried God is mad that I some how blasphemed in a dream:hallucination everyone tells me that is impossible to blaspheme in a dream but it feels real.

I am truly worried despite the message on fear that Jesus is going to leave me behind for an accident confusing him with Satan when I was praying to Jesus.

I dont understand I would never speak against the Holy Spirit it isnt my character but in a mentally ill moment I got confused worshipping Satan thinking it was Jesus.

Would Jesus blot my name from the Lambs Book of Life for an accident I didnt choose to have Satan to show up I legitimately thought it was Jesus since I was praying.

Is God really going to condemn me for an accident getting tricked by Satan in a dream. I joke there is no yellow light passage but I am concerned.

Everyone around me keeps telling me God loves me and that I really didnt blaspheme that it was a dream and hallucination and it was so why would God hold me responsible.

Does God still love me despite confusing him with Satan will he let me see Heaven despite my mistake. I am worried I offended God and that he blotted my name out for a dream.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are going around in circles. How many threads are you going to start commenting on the same issues?

You should seek out professional, medical help too.

God bless you

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me that God is far less interested in condemning or punishing you and He is more interested in you experiencing his unfailing love, his faithfulness and care.

He understands your fears and your anxieties and it grieves Him so much to see you in so much torment and distress.

When we are hurt, or feeling ill, we often find it difficult to share ourselves with others, yet alone share things with God. But you can be totally safe pouring your heart out to Him because He cares for you so much. You are His precious child and most dearly loved by Him. Draw near to Him in faith and allow yourself to be embraced by his gentle and tender love.

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Memorize this verse and repeat it to yourself a few times a day:

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God is not charging you with trespasses as clearly shown in that verse.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to believe your fears and worries, as a matter of fact believing your fears and worries will torment you unceasingly, trusting in God and in His grace will help you. Nothing else can, not us praying for you either.

Put your faith in God. and hand Him your fears and worries and refuse to dwell on them after that. i know it feels wrong but that is the issue. Your feelings you can not trust because you are sick. Trust the truth of God's word not your feelings. Let His love cast out your fears instead.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father, Bless this young man with the ability to think clearly and receive your promises as written in your Word.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that all who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

For-God-so-loved-the-world.jpg

Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am truly worried despite the message on fear that Jesus is going to leave me behind for an accident confusing him with Satan when I was praying to Jesus.

You have said it is Satan who said you prayed to Satan.
It is not true that you did.
Satan tells lies.
That is a lie.

Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sportsfan. I think I noticed a few posts back a doctor visit. I was not able to get better without the use of one of the SSRI medications. I was calling people like crazy and asking crazy questions and writing notes in notebooks and I just couldn't do it without medication. You sound like you really do need medical help. You don't need to fear OCD fears but I and everyone who posts here could tell you that all day and I don't know if it's going to help at all. I care. I know how bad fear can torment a person. Please consider going to the hospital if you don't start feeling better.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are going around in circles. How many threads are you going to start commenting on the same issues?

You should seek out professional, medical help too.

God bless you

I do see a medical professional for the paranoid scitzphrenia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me that God is far less interested in condemning or punishing you and He is more interested in you experiencing his unfailing love, his faithfulness and care.

He understands your fears and your anxieties and it grieves Him so much to see you in so much torment and distress.

When we are hurt, or feeling ill, we often find it difficult to share ourselves with others, yet alone share things with God. But you can be totally safe pouring your heart out to Him because He cares for you so much. You are His precious child and most dearly loved by Him. Draw near to Him in faith and allow yourself to be embraced by his gentle and tender love.

Thanks Anthony

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Memorize this verse and repeat it to yourself a few times a day:

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God is not charging you with trespasses as clearly shown in that verse.
Thanks

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't have to believe your fears and worries, as a matter of fact believing your fears and worries will torment you unceasingly, trusting in God and in His grace will help you. Nothing else can, not us praying for you either.

Put your faith in God. and hand Him your fears and worries and refuse to dwell on them after that. i know it feels wrong but that is the issue. Your feelings you can not trust because you are sick. Trust the truth of God's word not your feelings. Let His love cast out your fears instead.

That is what mom and dad keep telling me that is my paranoid scitzphrenia making me think I offended God.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Father, Bless this young man with the ability to think clearly and receive your promises as written in your Word.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that all who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

For-God-so-loved-the-world.jpg

I love that verse!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have said it is Satan who said you prayed to Satan.
It is not true that you did.
Satan tells lies.
That is a lie.

So Jesus isn't going to leave me behind for confusing him with Satan in a dream.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Sportsfan. I think I noticed a few posts back a doctor visit. I was not able to get better without the use of one of the SSRI medications. I was calling people like crazy and asking crazy questions and writing notes in notebooks and I just couldn't do it without medication. You sound like you really do need medical help. You don't need to fear OCD fears but I and everyone who posts here could tell you that all day and I don't know if it's going to help at all. I care. I know how bad fear can torment a person. Please consider going to the hospital if you don't start feeling better.

Thanks Dendy I am just so worried God is mad at me for a dream.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Anthony
The novelist George Burrow devoted an entire chapter on his experience in his book Lavengro, following fears that he had committed the sin against the Holy Ghost. William Cowper, the famous hymn writer, was also troubled with fears that he had committed it. I know many Christians who have been worried at some point that they had committed this sin when in reality they have not.
What is the unforgivable sin? It is committed by those to whom the truth about Christ has been revealed by the work of the Holy Spirit and who choose to harden their hearts against Him and remain finally impenitent.
If you love Christ and desire to follow Him, then you do not come under the category of this warning.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The novelist George Burrow devoted an entire chapter on his experience in his book Lavengro, following fears that he had committed the sin against the Holy Ghost. William Cowper, the famous hymn writer, was also troubled with fears that he had committed it. I know many Christians who have been worried at some point that they had committed this sin when in reality they have not.
What is the unforgivable sin? It is committed by those to whom the truth about Christ has been revealed by the work of the Holy Spirit and who choose to harden their hearts against Him and remain finally impenitent.
If you love Christ and desire to follow Him, then you do not come under the category of this warning.

So confusing Jesus and Satan out of mental illness isn't blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So confusing Jesus and Satan out of mental illness isn't blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
Dreams come and go and people don't have any control over them. Most of people's dreams make very little sense anyway. I wouldn't spend too much time dwelling on it. Forget it and move on.
If you believe Jesus is the son of God, if have put your faith and trust in him, and desire to repent and receive his forgiveness, then you can be reassured that you have not committed that sin.

Upvote 0