I want to be saved, but I feel like my sins are too great.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The voices are demonic, not schizophrenia.
Rebuke them in Jesus name. Agree with them when they say your not good enough to go to heaven. Walk in faith to how God wants us to live, and cling to Jesus

Please understand the situation here friend. Snow's problems are not necessarily demonic. He has a medical issue and his medicine is slow in responding. In fact I do not believe his particular issues are demonic at all and I believe that his Dr's with God's leading will get him back on tract. See we can have serotonin imbalances which make us believe things that are not really there. It is a medical problem that needs addressing first thing.
Snow has accepted Jesus {I know} and I realize that he is having issues with fear, so I believe that he needs us christians to love him and build up his faith. Perfect love casteth out all fear!

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
276715_3461f0e841b718ae659df32db3b170a1.jpg

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You're welcome. I'm going through my own dilemma over a certain verse at this moment and am happy to improve your state of being through Christ. (Going over in my mind if 1 John 5:7 should be in the Bible or not... 'King James only-ism VS Critical text' self-debate.)

It was quoted by a church father around 200 A.D., long before the codices later were created that modern texts use.

Upvote 0

ronandcarol

Mar 9, 2014
✟27,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to be saved, but I feel like my sins are too great.
1John 1:9 If we confess our suns He is faithful and just to forgive us those sins and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. That verse doesn't say, except for _______!
John 3:16 states that God sent His one and only Son to die so that those who believe in Him can be saved. That verse doesn't say, Except for __________! God's Word does not have any except for ______'s in the Bible. His words were written for you, me, everyone who
chooses to believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Jesus Himself said that He came looking for sinners to save! There are no 'excepts' in that either.
ronandcarol

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is there any advice people can give about letting go of the past? I had a really terrible year a long time ago, but I still feel really bad about it. I feel unforgivable. I feel like I'm a nice person, but I really screwed up. If it wasn't for this one year I think I would be okay.

Well, here's the thing: God says we have all screwed up sufficiently to deserve Hell; we are all of us terrible, wicked people.

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Jeremiah 17:9
9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Mark 10:18
18 ...No one is good but One, that is, God.

But, the Bible says God's love, and grace, and mercy, is greater than our sin.

Romans 5:20-21
20...But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2:4-9
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

There's no good reason, then, to think your sin is unforgivable. Where your sin abounds, God's grace super-abounds.

Usually, when a person won't let go of their past sin it is because they think far too much of their sin (and themselves) and far too little of God. Being free of your past sin becomes a matter of what you'll choose to believe, what you will choose to tell yourself about your sin. Is it forgiven and forgotten as Scripture says? Or is the Bible wrong and your sin is actually too big for the Creator of the universe? What will you choose to believe? I'd go with God's word on the matter.

I can never shake this voice. I've tried several medications and I found one that helps but I still hear this voice all day long.

Well, if it won't go away, use the accusation of the voice in your head as a trigger to remind yourself of the truth: God's mercy, grace and forgiveness are greater than your sin. I suspect the more you do this, the less you'll hear from the voice of condemnation that is currently afflicting you.

So all day long I feel like I'm going to hell. I try to do good deeds. I give money to the poor every time I have the chance. I also volunteer at a Christian homeless shelter. The voice in my head just laughs at me. He says I'm "bribing God" whenever I give to the poor.

Maybe you are bribing God. I can tell you that such things don't work with God. He sees your heart always. In any case, what He wants first and foremost from you aren't good deeds - charity, prayer, Bible study, etc - but your love.

Matthew 22:37-38
37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 This is the first and great commandment.

You see, love for God is the only motive He will accept for your obedience to Him. Fear, duty, obligation, religious vanity - all of these God absolutely rejects as reasons for obeying Him. He wants you to love Him, first of all.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

The voice in my head is constantly making deals and bets. It says "if you do this you'll get some kind of disease." I don't want to go into the details but he is constantly attacking me with illnesses and other things that I'm afraid of.

The single best way to be free of this sort of fear is to love God. But loving God requires that you first know Him and trust Him. If we don't know and trust a person, it is very difficult to love that person. When you know that God loves you with an amazing, endless love, and you trust - really trust - yourself to Him, your fear will dissolve.

1 John 4:16-19
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
19 We love Him because He first loved us.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is there any advice people can give about letting go of the past? I had a really terrible year a long time ago, but I still feel really bad about it. I feel unforgivable. I feel like I'm a nice person, but I really screwed up. If it wasn't for this one year I think I would be okay.

After that year is when I started hearing voices in my head. That is when I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. One of the voices I hear in my head constantly reminds me of my sins and says I'm going to hell. He says "you're just bad enough." He implies that I'm not as bad as some people, but I'm bad enough for hell.

I can never shake this voice. I've tried several medications and I found one that helps but I still hear this voice all day long. It's just not as bad and I can sleep. If I don't take the medication I can't sleep at all. The voice is unrelenting and insists that I'm going to hell. So all day long I feel like I'm going to hell. I try to do good deeds. I give money to the poor every time I have the chance. I also volunteer at a Christian homeless shelter. The voice in my head just laughs at me. He says I'm "bribing God" whenever I give to the poor.

The voice in my head is constantly making deals and bets. It says "if you do this you'll get some kind of disease." I don't want to go into the details but he is constantly attacking me with illnesses and other things that I'm afraid of.

I wish I could toss this demon out, but he just laughs at my attempts. He says "God is paying me for doing what I do to you." He says "God is giving me my wings back for what I do to you."

So, I really don't know what to do. I want to be on God's good side. I want to be a good person. I want to follow Jesus and go to heaven. It just feels kind of impossible.

Satan is described as the "accuser of the brethren". Night and day he longs to remind the Saints of their past. Do not listen or give into his accusations. Remember that "there is therefore NOW no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus", he has set us free. Being a "good person" will get nobody inside the pearly gates, because we have to remember that our God is Holy and perfect, His law is Holy and perfect. According to God, we're all bad enough for Hell. Christians however are forgiven and sealed by the Holy Spirit, whom imputes the righteousness of Christ to the believer. Such that on the day of judgement, when God looks upon a believer, He see the righteousness of Christ and pardons the believer. One of my favorite old hymns, goes like this; "What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!" There is nothing I can do to add or take away from the finished work of Christ, to quote another hymn; "Jesus Paid it All". Rest in the forgiveness of God, have peace with Christ, God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If it was the forgiveness of another human being that was necessary for salvation, you might have a problem. We are all limited in every way, including what we are capable of forgiving. Fortunately it is the forgiveness of our Almighty and infinite God that is. He has no limitations on His forgiveness, once we sincerely repent of our sins. He has forgiven sins far worse than yours. He promised us, "Everyone who asks will receive; everyone who seeks shall find. And to him who knocks, the door will be opened". He is faithful to His promises.

Upvote 0
Feb 1, 2018
Rio Grande do Sul
✟21,086.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Suffering from schizophrenia, the voices that come to your head "know" your deepest secrets and fears, even ones you are not aware, so beating them is the hardest thing possible. They will "know" exactly what to say to tilt you. They will push your buttons in the most optimized way to hurt you.

That's because what you are hearing is literally the realization of your deepest fears.

There are a few things to do to overcome them: first, take your medicine and listen to everything your doctor - find one that one and your family can rely - advises regarding your health; second, the best that you can, realize that you're struggling with inner demons, and that the more you fight, the longer they last, and that if you can keep hold of yourself, they will take relatively less to go away; third, know that even so, the path to healing is a long one, and that you will very slowly get better with the months or years.

About whatever you did years or so ago... the love of God is infinite and everlasting. Whatever happened is nothing to him. Trust in Him, trust that he has and always will forgive you if you truly repent.

Also, forgive yourself. Every last one of us make mistakes. Many people do horrible mistakes. We are as childs growing up, and such thing happens. I know many, many people who are wonderful but did something wrong, or many things wrong, out of lack of maturity or other personnal flaws. But remember that the person you are now, who helps the others, is beautiful, and love him. And the person you were before is also beautiful, just a little dumber.

In your prayers tonight, thank God for loving you, and thank him for all the people in the world who love and care for you.

Take care, and my love to you too.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the kind responses everyone.

I have one more question. I sometimes worry that I committed the unforgivable sin. I once was angry with God (I can't remember why) and told my friend that Jesus didn't die because he loved us, but because he wanted power and glory. After I said this, a magical sign appeared on my hand condemning me.

I know Jesus loves us and what I said was wrong. I know he died because he loved us. Sometimes I worry that I committed the unforgivable sin though. Should I worry about this?

Thank you for all the help.

Sincerely,

SnowTiger

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Humans may find it impossible to forgive some sinful acts by others, but that is because humans are imperfect. God is perfect in every way, including forgiveness. Any sin that is sincerely repented and confessed is forgiven by Him.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

After that year is when I started hearing voices in my head. That is when I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. One of the voices I hear in my head constantly reminds me of my sins and says I'm going to hell. He says "you're just bad enough." He implies that I'm not as bad as some people, but I'm bad enough for hell.

I can never shake this voice. I've tried several medications and I found one that helps but I still hear this voice all day long. It's just not as bad and I can sleep. If I don't take the medication I can't sleep at all. The voice is unrelenting and insists that I'm going to hell. So all day long I feel like I'm going to hell. I try to do good deeds. I give money to the poor every time I have the chance. I also volunteer at a Christian homeless shelter. The voice in my head just laughs at me. He says I'm "bribing God" whenever I give to the poor.

I wish I could toss this demon out, but he just laughs at my attempts. He says "God is paying me for doing what I do to you." He says "God is giving me my wings back for what I do to you."

So, I really don't know what to do. I want to be on God's good side. I want to be a good person. I want to follow Jesus and go to heaven. It just feels kind of impossible.

Create a compromise with the lord that if you agree to study his will now then you will be prepared for whats to come!

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any advice people can give about letting go of the past?
Your past was the future when Jesus died on the cross. You were born forgiven before your "terrible year" even took place. He is not counting your sins against you. The problem is that you are not experiencing the benefit of God's forgiveness because apart from faith in Jesus Christ you are spiritually dead to God and in need of His life. That life is available to you as a free gift because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If you accept Jesus Christ, the very life of God (the Holy Spirit), will be restored to you and indwell you; making you alive to God or born again. Therefore, because of the cross, the life you will have received will never leave you when you sin, making it an eternal life. A life that will carry you through this life, past death and into eternity. You will then be free to approach God with confidence to find His grace and mercy in your time of need and be able to grow in the grace God has given to you. As you grow in His grace and the knowledge of who you are in Him, you will start to understand His forgiveness and all that He has rescued you from. As time passes, your past will become more and more distant as you focus on Him and all you have received as an inheritance of your faith. As Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” If you are weary and burdened by your past, come to Jesus and enter into His rest. Grace and Peace

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was feeling better yesterday. Thank you all for the help. For a moment I was feeling like I was saved!

Now, I still think I'm going to hell. I feel like I made bets with Jesus about my grades and I'll go to hell if I get certain grades. I've been thinking about quitting college. No one I know wants me to. My mom and dad both want me to stick with it.

I keep feeling like I made bets with Jesus and he will send me to hell if I don't quit college.

People keep giving me advice but I never listen. I guess I just feel like I know everything and I can't accept advice.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: davp
Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the kind responses everyone.

I have one more question. I sometimes worry that I committed the unforgivable sin. I once was angry with God (I can't remember why) and told my friend that Jesus didn't die because he loved us, but because he wanted power and glory. After I said this, a magical sign appeared on my hand condemning me.

I know Jesus loves us and what I said was wrong. I know he died because he loved us. Sometimes I worry that I committed the unforgivable sin though. Should I worry about this?

Thank you for all the help.

Sincerely,

SnowTiger

Hey snow tiger,
Told you mate, its your corrupted thoughts that causes the blasphemies, God will correct those pathways, so don't worry it takes time as he programs you with truth! I was so bad at the habit of swearing, I would swear while praying to God! I also have thoughts that God had a pride problem, and many similar terrible things as this! And it seemed the more you would resist the more stronger they would force through. Just keep with Gods word and praying and wrestling it out with God, and these will disappear as he makes you a new vessel for Christ! I once doubted my salvation and got to the point and said, Lord I cannot believe I am saved! I had a vision and God showed me a mountain in suburbia at night, and what looked like people carrying lights while trying to climb the mountain. The Lord said its not whom reach the peak that are my people but everyone on the mountain. And all those whom are busy sleeping in their houses are not my people! You are reaching to find truth about Jesus Christ, you are on that mountain!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It is important to prioritise your recreation of your brain healing before going far into the powers mentioned in Hebrews 6:6 so to prepare yourself for tasks.

Ask for brain healing and later deliverance.

In the mean time you can't commit the unpardonable sin. Focus on things like living water, Jesus' precious blood, the anointing oil, and aim to respond well like a car running on the smell of an oily rag. Draw on your salvation. Learn to know yourself and discern yourself apart from the inner false self, behind the voices. Ask for mercy from God. Try not to say what you ought not hear. Confess when you do.

Jesus' blood should make for wonderful moments of peace, clarity and hope. No fear and all clean inside.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The devil is a liar. So, what you're saying is that you're such a bad sinner that God CANNOT forgive you? Are you kidding? God can do everything and anything. We don't know what God is willing to do for us. We can take a guess, based on Jesus life and death, but we don't know.

God will forgive you. To think otherwise is massive pride.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Whatever sign it was, it was from satan, who lies all she can.
Isaiah 54:17
“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.”

I think that God has the sense enough to know if one of His children is angry, and He will simply not listen to your angry words. Don't sweat it.

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was feeling better yesterday. Thank you all for the help. For a moment I was feeling like I was saved!

Now, I still think I'm going to hell. I feel like I made bets with Jesus about my grades and I'll go to hell if I get certain grades. I've been thinking about quitting college. No one I know wants me to. My mom and dad both want me to stick with it.

I keep feeling like I made bets with Jesus and he will send me to hell if I don't quit college.

People keep giving me advice but I never listen. I guess I just feel like I know everything and I can't accept advice.

Are your parents christian, what type? Did they use God as a big stick when growing up?

Upvote 0