• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Think I'm Having An Anxiety Attack

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Jesus is sweeter than macarons.
Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Something just happened. I was on YouTube, and this video about Modern Christianity being Occultism/ white magic, and I happened to go into the comment section and someone mentioned how people try to make rap and rock 'n' roll music "Christian" when it's not, which made me scared. I also learned that there was a book called "Calling Good Evil: The Lie of Christian Rock 'N' Roll. And... I freaked out. What do I do? How is any genre bad? Some of the people in the comment section say that rock really is bad, for some reason the Holy Spirit showed them. I am aware that music can be used for good and bad, but saying a genre is bad is just, ridiculous. And then there's this: You are being redirected.... I don't believe such thing, but why does this article exist? I saw a link online about this book that mentioned drugs or something. Yes, drugs are bad, but I feel like we're scared of some artists because they were addicted to drugs. Does the artist feel good about it? I can think of one that hated being addicted to a drug... and I stopped being scared of that time period in which they were addicted to said drug. So... Are we not allowed to enjoy music? Alright, I understand. Why do some people seem this way? I am crazy, I'm this way because I kept hanging around in this environment. How do I get out? I missed the notification Faithful counseling sent me... which is my fault... but I signed in again but guess what? I would get a notification. They usually send one a day after you sign up. Why is this not happening? Meanwhile... can I get some help here, please? Anyways, the people who say rock is evil are the ones who are... KJVOnlyists, so I don't trust them. I'm not upset at you guys, just the fact that there's crazy stuff out there and that I worry about stuff.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please do not be scared of music unless its lyrics promote sin then i would do away with it. Sure there are always some kind of Pharisees who make good bad and bad good saying that others are doing that, i wouldn't take much heed.

Music is art and unless its lyrics are promoting sin it can be listened to and enjoyed.

A group which has 'redeemed' lots of good old rock and roll songs are a group called Apologetixs. Have a listen to a few of their songs and see why music can be used for good.

Always remember that the truth of Jesus sets us free, if any one wants to bondage you with rules, must dos, should and oughts, then you best expose them with the truth of Jesus Christ for it is for freedom that you have been set free.

The freedom of Christ seeks to redeem good things not condemn it.

i simply love it that there are Christian musicians nowadays it gives me things to listen to and praise God with.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The easiest answer to your problem is,

Stay off the Internet

... but since you're here, on this forum, that probably won't work for you.

Learn to be more discerning. The video sounded questionable already, but comment sections are the bottom of the barrel as far as rational thought goes.

Is it condemned in the Bible? Does the Holy Spirit convict you about it when you pray? If not, there are probably more important things to think about.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something just happened. I was on YouTube, and this video about Modern Christianity being Occultism/ white magic, and I happened to go into the comment section and someone mentioned how people try to make rap and rock 'n' roll music "Christian" when it's not, which made me scared. I also learned that there was a book called "Calling Good Evil: The Lie of Christian Rock 'N' Roll. And... I freaked out. What do I do? How is any genre bad? Some of the people in the comment section say that rock really is bad, for some reason the Holy Spirit showed them. I am aware that music can be used for good and bad, but saying a genre is bad is just, ridiculous. And then there's this: You are being redirected.... I don't believe such thing, but why does this article exist? I saw a link online about this book that mentioned drugs or something. Yes, drugs are bad, but I feel like we're scared of some artists because they were addicted to drugs. Does the artist feel good about it? I can think of one that hated being addicted to a drug... and I stopped being scared of that time period in which they were addicted to said drug. So... Are we not allowed to enjoy music? Alright, I understand. Why do some people seem this way? I am crazy, I'm this way because I kept hanging around in this environment. How do I get out? I missed the notification Faithful counseling sent me... which is my fault... but I signed in again but guess what? I would get a notification. They usually send one a day after you sign up. Why is this not happening? Meanwhile... can I get some help here, please? Anyways, the people who say rock is evil are the ones who are... KJVOnlyists, so I don't trust them. I'm not upset at you guys, just the fact that there's crazy stuff out there and that I worry about stuff.

When you are confused and worried, just pray a short prayer:
Lord Jesus,
I submit myself to You. I resist all confusion and anxiety in the name of Jesus Christ.
Lord, lead me on the right paths for the sake of Your name.
Amen.

just pray again and again till confusion and anxiety disappear.

Trust Jesus that He can rescue out of all confusion and anxiety.

GBU

Upvote 0