Apr 7, 2006
Canada
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You're one to talk, Mr. "I don't follow the Bible."

The Bible is static (1) and one doesn't 'follow' it per se. A Christian usually wants to apply what she or he learns from the Bible to their lives, principles etc., but the person a Christian *follows* is the Living God: Jesus Christ. But you wouldn't know anything about that as you are not posting in sincerity rather only to harass, contradict and demoralize.

Guid

(1) God can 'quicken' passages of the Bible to a person at times.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible is static (1) and one doesn't 'follow' it per se. A Christian usually wants to apply what she or he learns from the Bible to their lives, principles etc., but the person a Christian *follows* is the Living God: Jesus Christ. But you wouldn't know anything about that as you are not posting in sincerity rather only to harass, contradict and demoralize.

Guid

(1) God can 'quicken' passages of the Bible to a person at times.
Funny that you think that I'm the one not posting in sincerity when I have many more friends on here than you do.

And how are you not being hypocritical by faulting people for not following the Bible when you don't even follow it yourself?

Upvote 0

Guid

Apr 7, 2006
Canada
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Funny that you think that I'm the one not posting in sincerity when I have many more friends on here than you do.

And how are you not being hypocritical by faulting people for not following the Bible when you don't even follow it yourself?

Oh, I get it .. you are playing with the word 'follow' .. so many exceptions you can take, eh?

Yes, if you are talking that way, in one sense I 'follow' the Bible in that I apply principles I learn fro it to my life etc. etc. as one might 'follow' a recipe. But the Bible per se is a static book. Jesus, one can actually *follow* in the Spirit. He can lead in a *new* way in Your life individually in a way the Bible cannot under normal circumstances.

BTW Friends with the world is enemity with God. Wide is the road to perdition and MANY are on it. So a boast about a friend count doesn't mean to much to me, although it often means much to worldy minded people.

Guid

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Never mind, Guid. You're determined to see me as a bad person, and to see me as a non-Christian, and I guess there's not much I can do to change that. I guess we'll see in the end how God judges both of us. I hope we both end up going to Heaven.

Upvote 0

Ryanswife

Opinionated One
Jul 7, 2008
✟8,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that it is our duty as christians to share the word (said in love not condemnation) with others and what they choose to do with it is their right. My personal belief is that abortion is wrong because it is murder and can cause a woman emotional damage. And it robs a woman of the love and joy that she can experience as a mother. I would relay this information to someone thinking about that decision and then leave it at that. I would not be unkind to them or hate them if they went through with that decision, but let them know that the Lord forgives and that they are in my prayers.

Reactions: hannahfievel
Upvote 0

hannahfievel

He has known me since the womb, amen.
Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank God for the truth. They think so much in terms of 'the goddess', 'the venus' that they think it is her right to kill for the sake of convenience. Surprise, surprise, it's not; and there will be an accounting. Now they will say I'm rude, a hater, an oppressor .. when all I've done is speak for those who have no voice.

Guid

I'd personally like to thank God for freewill. I did think when I first came to know about HIS awesome Love, Mercy and Grace for sinners...I finally felt the yoke fall off. :clap:

And, now though some may or may not agree that a woman has the right to choose, I pray that HE gives you the right to choose when He asks if you have repented for thinking evil of someone you do not even know...their heart, their circumstance, and even if it is just their dumb decision...we "all" have made and make daily...dumb thoughts, dumb decisions and that "do" affect those around us. So, like the word does say...sin is sin, and we all do it..and yes..daily!

That is why I "LOVE" the prayer that Jesus gave to us to pray, in it we ask for forgiveness every time we come before HIM, and say...Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done (by HIM) on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we would forgive those who have trespassed against us. True?

So, I just believe His word..since you mentioned it. And, for a new to Christ person...why would you make them feel anything but wonderful? HEY...WE ADDED A NEW SISTER INTO THE ADOPTED FAMILY IN WHICH WE ALL BELONG! ALL PRAISES BE TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!!! :clap::clap::clap: :clap: And may He turn His new creation into a work of art..a beautiful vessel in which to pour out HIS love into her, so she in turn can shine HIS light for the world to see. Sincerely, hannah

PS HB, I told you this would be hard for a time, but don't let "anyone" knock you down...God loves you and is totally on your side. And, I know "alot" of people who cannot even read that have the faith to move mountains! God can and does provide all our needs, amen! :hug: to HannahBanana your sister in Christ, hannah :wave:

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They, us... it's not quiet that simple. I am about as Pagan as they come and I object strongly to abortions for convenience.. we are accountable for our actions now and forever.

The idea of sin and forgiveness is not Pagan... it is not of "The Goddess" or Venus. There is right action and there is wrong action, and we trust that our consious and Spirit will make the differace clear to us. We harvest what we sow, eventually balance must be restored. This morality of convenience is no more Pagan than it is Christian.. even though exists among followers of both religions.

Thank God for the truth. They think so much in terms of 'the goddess', 'the venus' that they think it is her right to kill for the sake of convenience. Surprise, surprise, it's not; and there will be an accounting. Now they will say I'm rude, a hater, an oppressor .. when all I've done is speak for those who have no voice.

Guid

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry, this isn't a reply tearing your argument to shreds. I just wanted to say that I agree completely with what you're saying. Like it or not, abortions are necessary in some situations. If they weren't necessary, women wouldn't actively seek them out and spend thousands of dollars on them. So I don't see how illegalizing abortion, and thus making it impossible for women to safely seek out this often-necessary procedure, is going to do any good. It makes no sense at all to me, which is why I could never see myself being pro-life.

I agree. People become livid over the issue and sometimes let their emotions carry them away. I would not have an abortion myself but illegalizing abortion and taking away the right to choose will not solve anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I find it odd that some people think that a fetus should trump the mother's rights but don't seem to have the same view when it is an issue that might effect them. One example, bone marrow transplants. When it comes to any type of life-saving transplant, particularly one like a bone marrow transplant which (unless there are complications) does not threaten, or even permanently inconvenience, the life of the donor. For some reason it seems most pro-lifers are inconsistent in their application of forcing others to protect life.

Now I know that many pro-lifers will again cling to the idea that somehow the woman brings it on herself, that they shouldn't have sex if they aren't prepared to have a child. Yet, again, this logic doesn't seem to be consistently applied. Do we consider getting into a car to be tacit consent for being involved in an accident? Should we consider that going in public is consent for being shot at? After all, we know these are risks we face when we engage in these activities.

Now, I agree with the more moderate opinions on this thread. Personally, I feel the woman should have a right to abort a child but at the same time I think we should do all we can to minimize abortions. And I'm not adverse to limiting the time that a woman can have an abortion, at least for non-medical reasons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.