I so want an answer to this question about abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Braunwyn

Yeah.. Thankfully that will probably not happen in our lifetime, it's totally the male genders fault for pregnancies that result in abortion, yep no forced application of birth control or anything.
I'm not speaking of fault here. Chemical castration would be far less invasive than childbirth or abortion. Such an approach makes the most sense.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's the goalie's job to protect the net...

I'm so going to be killed. :D
LOL. ^_^ Though you don't have to worry about me killing you. Heck, I can't even kill a bug without feeling guilty about it, so there's no chance that I could kill a human.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not speaking of fault here. Chemical castration would be far less invasive than childbirth or abortion. Such an approach makes the most sense.

And forced castration is fair in what way?

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

And forced castration is fair in what way?
I don't think it's fair, just as forced pregnancy and childbirth isn't fair. I'm just saying that if forced pregnancy is on the table as a possible legal avenue (for those that wish to impose their will upon others) than castration is the least invasive of the options and would be preferable.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's likely that if forced chemical castration was a component of any bill that involved making abortion illegal, abortion would no longer be such a hot topic for the powers that be.
Oh, I know. I was just trying to get him to understand that bodily integrity is a serious issue.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's likely that if forced chemical castration was a component of any bill that involved making abortion illegal, abortion would no longer be such a hot topic for the powers that be.

Yeah, because debate over how unconstitutional it is to not let me have a child before I'm 30 would take over. Forced pregnancy isn't exactly legal, it's kind of called rape. Maybe castrating rapists I could go for.

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

Yeah, because debate over how unconstitutional it is to not let me have a child before I'm 30 would take over. Forced pregnancy isn't exactly legal, it's kind of called rape. Maybe castrating rapists I could go for.
I certainly support it for rapists. Either way, if society (or the male dominated legislature) attempts to control womens bodies under any circumstance than I cannot help but support measures that would thwart such attempts. We have the medical technology (and other measures through out our history) to end early pregnancy and it's a woman's choice to carry or not carry a fetus to term. It's no man's place to make a law against her aborting if that's her choice. If the male want's the fetus, then let him carry it to term. If he cannot do that, it's not for the woman to contend with. If men cannot keep it in their pants until they are married to avoid such difficult situations than let society rule mens bodies instead. Or, better yet, society should have no say in the choices we make with our own bodies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd much rather just urge people to be responsible... can we make being irresponsible socially unacceptable and leave the governmnet out of it?

It's prefectly legal for me go for two months without taking a shower, but it's not socially acceptable, it's legal for me dress up in womens clothes if I want.. but in most places it's not socially acceptable.

Can't we as a society agree that sex outside of a loving relationship that could potentially care for a child if despite all the precautions and odds one comes along is irresponsible? That abortion while acceptable in cases of rape or when the health of the mother is at stake, and legal for all women up the third trimester... is a bad thing and should be discouraged?

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I'll ask a question I've asked many times.

Why is being aborted a bad thing from the point of view of a first trimester foetus?

Same reason anything else is seen as a bad thing, people deem it such from some internal source of right and wrong. Most people never logically work out this internal source, as such, you will see the strangest things, like women protesting an abortion clinic, getting an abortion there because she should have a special exception made for her, and then going back and protesting the clinic the next day.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello my CF family,

Please don't kick me off the forum for wanting to understand something that I have wondered for a long long time, and it is personal and challenging and makes me feel nervous just asking for "OPINIONS", but I guess I'll be brave and ask. Please forgive me if I offend anyone...that is truly not my desire...I really have just wondered this:

Okay, you are sixteen and you get pregnant, your family makes you have an abortion, now you are old and regret that decision, but can't change the past.

Now, even if this girl wanted the abortion too...why do Christians feel it necessary to "tell" someone else "how to live their life?". We as Christians would be in an uproar if they took away our right to choose our faith, true? So, why is it necessary for Christians to be so mean to those who have chosen poorly? It isn't the Christian that will suffer for that decision..it will be the woman or the man, whomever did the choosing who has to get themselves right with God, right?

I personally would NEVER have an abortion...but should I have the right to tell anyone else..no you can't. I think I could tell them..how they may feel down the road about their choice, but I still think everyone should have a "choice", and if they shouldn't, could someone...tell me why, please and thank you. So I am against abortion, but pro choice about it all for others...has God turned His back on me...for thinking about stuff like this?

Okay, now, I'm readied...I NEED to hear "why we must mess with anyone elses choices other than our own"? :confused: I so know I'm going be sorry for asking this question, but I have asked elsewhere and gotten the ususal cuz God says it is murder, end of story and for once I would so like an honest thought out answer. your weird sister in Christ, hannah :prayer:

The basic problem is that there are those who are making lots of money providing a service that kills babies. And additional problem is that the healthcare profession once strove to heal and save lives. Again, in most instances abortion seems to be provided for the sake of convenience and not to save the life of anyone. None of this would seem acceptable to Americans who were against say slavery as an example. They might see that such behavior could divide the country or even cause a civil war...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The basic problem is that there are those who are making lots of money providing a service that kills babies.

Not in this country. NHS workers are not paid according to how many abortions they perform.

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

He has known me since the womb, amen.
Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm slightly confused by one remark the opening poster made, though - how can you legally force someone to have an abortion?

I actually don't think anyone can legally make anyone have an abortion. I was kinda just making up a case to work with...sorry! :doh:

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The basic problem is that there are those who are making lots of money providing a service that kills babies. And additional problem is that the healthcare profession once strove to heal and save lives. Again, in most instances abortion seems to be provided for the sake of convenience and not to save the life of anyone. None of this would seem acceptable to Americans who were against say slavery as an example. They might see that such behavior could divide the country or even cause a civil war...
Since when is it a fact that fetuses are the same thing as babies?

And since when is it a fact that first-trimester fetuses are just as alive as you or I are?

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

He has known me since the womb, amen.
Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess what my whole question boils down to is...when did it become any humans right, other than the person making a bad decision to "tell them your a murderer and going to hell". :(

For me it seems more logical to "speak in love what may come on down the road if someone gets an abortion, like guilt, regrets, sadness, depression and how about never being able to have another..because the dr. made a mistake"! I think instead of making something illegal that will force those "who DO NOT want an unwanted baby to seek out poor care or self abortion" and possibly kill themselves in the process. And, that personal decisions should be left to the one person and God, amen! :prayer:

And, I know the fetus has no say...but I am sure...that God has "every single aborted baby being cared for in the company of Angels"! Those who love them always, they never will have to suffer in this world or know of sickness. And, "HE who is the Lover of us all...must have a way to keep them all safe" amen! So, a mother who thinks that aborting a child has to live with her decision for the rest of her life...all the while the baby is more than fine. ;) I just trust God on this one! :prayer: Cuz I can't see babies being sent to hell, are there those out there that think this would happen to a fetus?

Upvote 0

Guid

Apr 7, 2006
Canada
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Our objection is that we believe there is someone other than you involved in abortion. Someone without a say. A life that has a right to continue existing. A life that isn't less than your own, that doesn't have less rights than you. A life that isn't disposable.

Thank God for the truth. They think so much in terms of 'the goddess', 'the venus' that they think it is her right to kill for the sake of convenience. Surprise, surprise, it's not; and there will be an accounting. Now they will say I'm rude, a hater, an oppressor .. when all I've done is speak for those who have no voice.

Guid

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.