Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is the assumption that you knew that risk when you had intercourse. Even with protection you should know that you can get pregnant... so if you are unwilling to have children, you shouldn't be having sex. That sounds kind of harsh.. but I'm forced to agree, unless you were forced to have sex... you already made a choice.
So you think that people should only have sex if/when they want to have kids? What if someone wants to remain child-free their entire life long? Should that person just never have sex at all?

Also, what business is it of yours what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms?

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am suggesting that you not have sex with someone you do not love. If you don't want to have children, then take steps to reduce the chances... however if you do get pregnant, the two of you should be willing to raise that child. If there is no way you could handle being responsible for raising a child either get a vasectomy/tubes tied... or don't have sex.

If you are adult enough to have sex, you should be adult enough to accept responsibility for your actions.

Are you seriously suggesting that people should only have sex when they want to procreate? I hope not!

There is certainly a risk of pregnancy even with safer sexual practices, but accepting that risk is not agreeing to remain pregnant if it unintentionally happens. Since everyone, including pregnant women, have the right to control their own body, and since abortion is legal; even if a Pro-Choice couple gets pregnant, they can choose to abort the pregnancy.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am suggesting that you not have sex with someone you do not love. If you don't want to have children, then take steps to reduce the chances... however if you do get pregnant, the two of you should be willing to raise that child. If there is no way you could handle being responsible for raising a child either get a vasectomy/tubes tied... or don't have sex.

If you are adult enough to have sex, you should be adult enough to accept responsibility for your actions.
What if you're too young to get a vasectomy/get your tubes tied? Many doctors won't tie a woman's tubes unless she's at least 30 years old or she has at least one child. Are you saying that people who don't fit those criteria should just remain abstinent for your benefit?

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Okay, now, I'm readied...I NEED to hear "why we must mess with anyone elses choices other than our own"? :confused: I so know I'm going be sorry for asking this question, but I have asked elsewhere and gotten the ususal cuz God says it is murder, end of story and for once I would so like an honest thought out answer. your weird sister in Christ, hannah :prayer:

Glad you asked. Quite honestly - and I'm not picking on you personally - I have no idea why pro-choicers don't get what the basis of our objection is. Your choices? I could care less!! Do what you want with your own life, lift it up or tear it down in whatever way you choose to. None of my business. I'm not here to tell you what to do and frankly, I've got my own worries so I don't really care.

Our objection is that we believe there is someone other than you involved in abortion. Someone without a say. A life that has a right to continue existing. A life that isn't less than your own, that doesn't have less rights than you. A life that isn't disposable.

I understand you feel differently. Apparently in the pro-choice worldview something magical happens in the moment of birth - a non-prson becomes a person in just a few seconds. Maybe its the latex on the docs gloves or something that infuses the child with the status of human being with all the rights that entails. I dunno, whatever.

Anyway, to reiterate, not a one of us could care less what you do with your life - you really aren't that important to us - we just object to you killing another human being. You feel the same way about someone killing a 6 month old baby. I assume, at least. We've just decided that human life begins when it begins, at conception, rather than at some later arbitrary date in development. Don't have any idea why its so hard for you to comprehend where we are coming from on this.

Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I can definitely see where the anti-abortion lobby are coming from. They think that an unborn foetus counts as a human and so they fight against abortion. I very, very strongly disagree but surely if any of us thought kids were being killed in our society we'd do our best to stop it. Personally I don't think a foetus generally is a human so I think it can be removed at the woman's discretion but I can see that if you think otherwise then you'd see it as murder.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not in favor of enacting laws and telling people what they can and can't do with regard to thier bodies... However, I do believe that people should not have sex with someone they do not love, and that if a pregnancy occurs they should be prepared to raise that child or they shouldn't be having sex.

All I can do is lead by example, so don't worry... I'm not pushing to have my beliefs legislated and made law.

What if you're too young to get a vasectomy/get your tubes tied? Many doctors won't tie a woman's tubes unless she's at least 30 years old or she has at least one child. Are you saying that people who don't fit those criteria should just remain abstinent for your benefit?

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Glad you asked. Quite honestly - and I'm not picking on you personally - I have no idea why pro-choicers don't get what the basis of our objection is. Your choices? I could care less!! Do what you want with your own life, lift it up or tear it down in whatever way you choose to. None of my business. I'm not here to tell you what to do and frankly, I've got my own worries so I don't really care.

Our objection is that we believe there is someone other than you involved in abortion. Someone without a say. A life that has a right to continue existing. A life that isn't less than your own, that doesn't have less rights than you. A life that isn't disposable.

I understand you feel differently. Apparently in the pro-choice worldview something magical happens in the moment of birth - a non-prson becomes a person in just a few seconds. Maybe its the latex on the docs gloves or something that infuses the child with the status of human being with all the rights that entails. I dunno, whatever.

Anyway, to reiterate, not a one of us could care less what you do with your life - you really aren't that important to us - we just object to you killing another human being. You feel the same way about someone killing a 6 month old baby. I assume, at least. We've just decided that human life begins when it begins, at conception, rather than at some later arbitrary date in development. Don't have any idea why its so hard for you to comprehend where we are coming from on this.
It's hard to comprehend where you're coming from because you're completely ignoring the scientific facts of the issue, which show that a first-trimester fetus is just about as "alive" as a housefly is (proof here, here, and here), and yet you somehow think that killing it is wrong and that killing houseflies is okay.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not in favor of enacting laws and telling people what they can and can't do with regard to thier bodies... However, I do believe that people should not have sex with someone they do not love, and that if a pregnancy occurs they should be prepared to raise that child or they shouldn't be having sex.

All I can do is lead by example, so don't worry... I'm not pushing to have my beliefs legislated and made law.
Well, I just don't understand why you seem to think that women should have to live according to your morals (and I'm talking hypothetically here, since, like you said, you don't actually want to legalize your opinions). What makes your morals any better than anyone else's?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can definitely see where the anti-abortion lobby are coming from. They think that an unborn foetus counts as a human and so they fight against abortion. I very, very strongly disagree but surely if any of us thought kids were being killed in our society we'd do our best to stop it. Personally I don't think a foetus generally is a human so I think it can be removed at the woman's discretion but I can see that if you think otherwise then you'd see it as murder.
But how can they think of a first-trimester fetus as being the same as a full-grown human being when a full-grown human being can think, feel pain, and know that it's alive, and a first-trimester fetus can do none of those things?

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They stem from my religious beliefs regarding respect for life, and the hand of Fate. Obviously.. I am convinced that my morals are correct, otherwise they would not be my morals. I can tell you what I believe and why I believe it, you and your own relationship with God, Goddess, Great Mystery, Universe, or Logic will have to take it from there.

It's hard to comprehend where you're coming from because you're completely ignoring the scientific facts of the issue, which show that a first-trimester fetus is just about as "alive" as a housefly is (proof here, here, and here), and yet you somehow think that killing it is wrong and that killing houseflies is okay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Whatever. Not going to debate this with you (again). I already acknowledged that those in your camp disagree as to when life is worth protecting. My point was that why we have something to say about this is because we believe there is someone else involved, not because we want to tell you what to do. As I said I could care less. Be straight, be gay, be bi, do drugs, don't do drugs, be promiscuous or not, be Christian, be an Atheist, be a paganist or Satanist - you know what - I don't care. Do whatever you want with your own life, I'll be the first to defend your right to do exactly that.

I just don't think you should kill anyone. Not because I'm interfering with your morals, but because I'd like to protect the person you want to kill. Just like I'd try to protect you if someone wanted to kill you.

My motives aren't evil, and I don't want to control you. I don't understand why its so hard for you to understand where I'm coming from here.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Whatever. Not going to debate this with you (again). I already acknowledged that those in your camp disagree as to when life is worth protecting. My point was that why we have something to say about this is because we believe there is someone else involved, not because we want to tell you what to do. As I said I could care less. Be straight, be gay, be bi, do drugs, don't do drugs, be promiscuous or not, be Christian, be an Atheist, be a paganist or Satanist - you know what - I don't care. Do whatever you want with your own life, I'll be the first to defend your right to do exactly that.

I just don't think you should kill anyone. Not because I'm interfering with your morals, but because I'd like to protect the person you want to kill. Just like I'd try to protect you if someone wanted to kill you.

My motives aren't evil, and I don't want to control you. I don't understand why its so hard for you to understand where I'm coming from here.
I guess it's hard for me to see the opposing point of view because this issue involves my own body, and I'm not willing to give up the control I currently have over my own body. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have to warn you I come prepared... :) My mom is a Hannah as well.

And, I couldn't agree more! Thanks ACougar, and nice to meet you! Now, your dealing with two Hannah's...feel caught? LOL!!! :wave: I be hannahfievel :)

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

I guess it's hard for me to see the opposing point of view because this issue involves my own body, and I'm not willing to give up the control I currently have over my own body. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.
I might consider to support making abortion illegal if a law accompanied it such as mandatory chemical castration for young males (20's-30's) for a set number of years. Nip it in the bud, I say.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I might consider to support making abortion illegal if a law accompanied it such as mandatory chemical castration for young males (20's-30's) for a set number of years. Nip it in the bud, I say.

Yeah.. Thankfully that will probably not happen in our lifetime, it's totally the male genders fault for pregnancies that result in abortion, yep no forced application of birth control or anything.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah.. Thankfully that will probably not happen in our lifetime, it's totally the male genders fault for pregnancies that result in abortion, yep no forced application of birth control or anything.
Well, it is half the man's fault. After all, it takes a sperm cell and an egg cell to create an unwanted pregnancy.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, it is half the man's fault. After all, it takes a sperm cell and an egg cell to create an unwanted pregnancy.

It's the goalie's job to protect the net...

I'm so going to be killed. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.