I repented. Paul was right

Joseph474

Feb 2, 2012
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not ... Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not." Mt 24

Whether Paul was right is not that important. We still should not judge. I mean we need to be prepared for Rapture, Great Tribulation, etc. Awake but not asleep..spiritually

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Whether Paul was right is not that important.
Anything that determines our eternal destiny is very important :)

We still should not judge.
I believe we should judge righteously, as Messiah taught :)

I mean we need to be prepared for Rapture, Great Tribulation, etc. Awake but not asleep..spiritually
How can one be awake without the Truth?

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Saint Peter's testimony should be enough for everybody.

And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, (2 Peter 3:15)

If we couldn't trust Saint Peter then why believe any other apostle? The Gospels and other letters were written by other early Christians and if we cannot trust somebody with the stature of Saint Peter then we should reject everybody else.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If we couldn't trust Saint Peter then why believe any other apostle? The Gospels and other letters were written by other early Christians and if we cannot trust somebody with the stature of Saint Peter then we should reject everybody else.

Are you assuming that suddenly, they made absolutely no errors when Jesus went back to Heaven?

When Jesus was with them, they constantly made errors, often because they allowed their feelings to overtake them. They were fearful, failed to understand the parables and figures of speech of Jesus, they often did not understand Jesus in His plain speech.

Their biggest mistake was failing to take heed of Christ's warning not to believe anyone who claim they saw Jesus - for when Jesus returns, everyone will see, not just a handful of individuals only....

...They have completely forgotten about it when Paul enters the scene.

I'm not saying the original 12 apostles lost their salvation or became false teachers themselves. Since Paul operated apart from the twelve most of the time and Paul had his own disciples. There is little opportunity for the twelve to have known all the teachings of Paul - probably the reason why they tolerated him.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Are you assuming that suddenly, they made absolutely no errors when Jesus went back to Heaven?

When Jesus was with them, they constantly made errors, often because they allowed their feelings to overtake them. They were fearful, failed to understand the parables and figures of speech of Jesus, they often did not understand Jesus in His plain speech.

Their biggest mistake was failing to take heed of Christ's warning not to believe anyone who claim they saw Jesus - for when Jesus returns, everyone will see, not just a handful of individuals only....

...They have completely forgotten about it when Paul enters the scene.

I'm not saying the original 12 apostles lost their salvation or became false teachers themselves. Since Paul operated apart from the twelve most of the time and Paul had his own disciples. There is little opportunity for the twelve to have known all the teachings of Paul - probably the reason why they tolerated him.

When you begin to doubt Saint Paul and the rest of the apostles there is no grounds to defend any position. You can no longer say that Saint Paul was a true or false apostle because there is no longer any standard to judge him. You cannot judge by the Bible because it was written by fallible apostles. The Bible cannot be taken as infallible if somehow Paul's writings made it in. Obviously it was not under God's protection so we are left with a book containing teachings that may or may not be correct.

I do not believe the apostles or any other early Christian was free from error, I believe they were free from teaching any error as official doctrine. I accept the Bible as infallible because I accept the Church Jesus established as infallible. You are not Catholic so you probably believe in Sola Scriptura so if the Bible which is the foundation of your beliefs is in error then you have no foundation at all.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
so if the Bible which is the foundation of your beliefs is in error then you have no foundation at all.

The foundation of my beliefs is upon the Spirit, not upon a book...

...Even the Bible says so! ;)

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
NDE's - Near Death Experiences are not fool-proof.

They are just as manipulable by the enemy as visions and dreams. Many have been deceived by visions coming from a crafty enemy pretending to be angels or Jesus or God himself.

I agree. Most people see what they believe.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Joseph474

Feb 2, 2012
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some are actually after death experience, not near death experience, including a buddhist monk resurrected and suddenly proclaim that buddhism is wrong and get knowledge about Christian creation, David and Goliath..from his soul in hell and heaven.

Also brothers and sisters, please never blasphemy against Holy Spirit...(not that this and what I said above are necessarily related, at least I do not link them together.)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Some are actually after death experience, not near death experience, including a buddhist monk resurrected and suddenly proclaim that buddhism is wrong and get knowledge about Christian creation, David and Goliath..from his soul in hell and heaven.

Also brothers and sisters, please never blasphemy against Holy Spirit...(not that this and what I said above are necessarily related, at least I do not link them together.)

It is still not fool proof.

This is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit since:

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

If you notice that verse, it did not made any exceptions! It did not exclude NDEs, nor any spiritual experiences in actual death and afterwards, resurrection.

Unfortunately, for the unwary, evil spirits can use multiple "layers" of deception - the "good cop, bad cop" routine but stacked on top of each other in multiple succession so they can deceive even the most the most genuine Christian.

How this works:

- They present you the evil religions - satanic cults, etc - most people are not deceived by this

- Then they give you the "counter" religions with theologies consisting of truth mixed with lies of varying degrees. - most people who are driven away by satanic cults come to this layer.

- Then they give the more unorthodox religions - more truth, less lies, less contradictions but still with lies - this is where people who are attuned with the Truth or even the elect can be deceived.

- There maybe additional layers with ever increasing closeness to truth but still mixed with lies to deceive even the elect.

So... In visions or dreams or NDE's or actual death, if you encounter evil spirits guised as an angel or Jesus or God, they may present you with these layers of deception..

The devil probably own most of the religions in this world, I can't tell which in this forum because it's against forum rules and will probably offend many.

That is how the term "wolf in sheep's clothing" came into being - truth - mixed with varying degrees of lies per religion so some religion will be easy to detect as false but some extremely difficult.

Don't be surprised how the devil got hold of most religions in the world - 1 John 5:19.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Don't be surprised how the devil got hold of most religions in the world - 1 John 5:19.

Bold statement.

I will agree that many are intertwined with ignorance, without experiential knowledge. But many have been moved to seek Christ away from the centuries of scriptural enslavement. The will is there. The spirit still pours out.

The assemblies (ekklesia) of Christ is made up of the people who follow him. Not any religion.

Upvote 0