Refuting My Previous Position on Spirit Baptism Replacing Water Baptism:

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible Highlighter,

Considering Christians struggle with sin on a daily basis, how is it you don’t sin?

Or are you saying you do not commit sin?
First, it is a common tactic when a believer cannot answer Scripture in regards to justifying a sin and still be saved belief, they then will shift away from answering by making it personal by trying to see a flaw in the messenger of God’s Word (See post #23 as another example). In other words, your questions are asked from a wrong perspective. You are not seeking truth with those kinds of questions, but you are seeking to justify your belief that is not found in the Bible. You should not be trying to ask questions basing your faith on what you see (looking to somebody to follow), but you should be basing it on what God’s Word actually says, which is a walk by faith (See Hebrews 11:1, and 2 Corinthians 5:7).

Second, faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
So if the Bible teaches us that we have to overcome sin in order to enter God’s Kingdom (as I believe it does), and I can demonstrate by Scripture in many places, then that is a truth we have to accept, whether we like that truth or not. The Bible is the basis of what we believe, and do. My life is not the standard, but the Bible is the standard.

Three, notice, again, your non-answer on Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8. It’s because you don’t want to face the truth of these verses. You also bring up 1 John 3 as a point about how if you sin, God does not see your sin. But that is not taught in 1 John chapter 3. 1 John 3:7 says he that does righteousness is righteous. So it is what you do that can make your righteous and not just believing in Jesus Christ. Yes, believing in Jesus as your Savior, and believing that He died for your sins, He was buried, and risen the third day for our salvation (the gospel) can save us. His righteousness can be imputed to us by believing in our Initial salvation. But our faith does not stop there. We must also believe verses like 1 John 1:7 in regards to the blood of Jesus cleansing us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 is conditional. IF we walk in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. Walking in the light = Loving your brother according to the indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11. But do not deceive yourself into thinking you can and still be saved. 1 John 2:4 says that the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them. What truth is not in them? Jesus. Jesus is the way the truth, and the life (John 14:6), and we have to have the Son in order to have life (See 1 John 5:12).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Wikipedia is about as reliable as the scribbling on a public facility wall. Anybody can add, delete, change anything at Wiki without review or control. I have done it more than once. If Wiki mentions a "reliable" source, go to and quote that source not Wiki.
As I suspected, I knew you would say something this silly. Not all things on Wikipedia are untrue because they are on Wikipedia. Test the sources. They do provide sources for what they write. In fact, I knew you were going to say this, and I also said that there are other articles that confirm this truth.

How many Protestants do you think exist on the planet? Do you have verifiable, credible, blah, blah sources to confirm a different number that you were hoping was different? Your non answer will be proof that you don’t actually know and or you afraid that the fact I mentioned is actually correct.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I suspected, I knew you would say something this silly. Not all things on Wikipedia are untrue because they are on Wikipedia. Test the sources. They do provide sources for what they write. In fact, I knew you were going to say this, and I also said that there are other articles that confirm this truth.
As I said I have changed articles on Wiki just to show it can be done. Wiki is unreliable because it can be changed and for the most part provides no credible, verifiable. historical, etc. evidence You are the one quoting them, the burden of proof is on you to verify them not the reader.
How many Protestants do you think exist on the planet? Do you have verifiable, credible, blah, blah sources to confirm a different number that you were hoping was different? Your non answer will be proof that you don’t actually know and or you afraid that the fact I mentioned is actually correct.
Don't know, don't care how many anything exist on the planet. I do in fact provide credible, verifiable, historical, etc. evidence and provide a link when possible. Once again you made the claim the burden of proof is on you to support your claims.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, it is a common tactic when a believer cannot answer Scripture in regards to justifying a sin and still be saved belief, they then will shift away from answering by making it personal by trying to see a flaw in the messenger of God’s Word (See post #23 as another example). In other words, your questions are asked from a wrong perspective. You are not seeking truth with those kinds of questions, but you are seeking to justify your belief that is not found in the Bible. You should not be trying to ask questions basing your faith on what you see (looking to somebody to follow), but you should be basing it on what God’s Word actually says, which is a walk by faith (See Hebrews 11:1, and 2 Corinthians 5:7).

Second, faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
So if the Bible teaches us that we have to overcome sin in order to enter God’s Kingdom (as I believe it does), and I can demonstrate by Scripture in many places, then that is a truth we have to accept, whether we like that truth or not. The Bible is the basis of what we believe, and do. My life is not the standard, but the Bible is the standard.

Three, notice, again, your non-answer on Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8. It’s because you don’t want to face the truth of these verses. You also bring up 1 John 3 as a point about how if you sin, God does not see your sin. But that is not taught in 1 John chapter 3. 1 John 3:7 says he that does righteousness is righteous. So it is what you do that can make your righteous and not just believing in Jesus Christ. Yes, believing in Jesus as your Savior, and believing that He died for your sins, He was buried, and risen the third day for our salvation (the gospel) can save us. His righteousness can be imputed to us by believing in our Initial salvation. But our faith does not stop there. We must also believe verses like 1 John 1:7 in regards to the blood of Jesus cleansing us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 is conditional. IF we walk in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. Walking in the light = Loving your brother according to the indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11. But do not deceive yourself into thinking you can and still be saved. 1 John 2:4 says that the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them. What truth is not in them? Jesus. Jesus is the way the truth, and the life (John 14:6), and we have to have the Son in order to have life (See 1 John 5:12).
You didn’t have to write so much! A lot of what you are referring to is a works based salvation that you are not able to see right now.

As I mentioned, to say our sins are covered in Christ does not mean we are saying we can sin, however if we do sin, that sin is not imputed to us because of Jesus’s atonement. That’s the part you are not able to see right now - it’s actually a denial of Christ.

However, to clear things up, I simply asked you a question in relation to your argument against those who say they can sin, although that’s not what’s being said.

You did not answer the question: do you sin? I knew you would not be able to answer truthfully. So you got angry!

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 15:29 KJV, “Else what shal they do, which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all, why are they then baptized for the dead?”

Paul is not talking about people being baptized for the dead,. Each person must work out their own salvation, Philippians 2:12 KJV. Also consider Lazarus and the rich man parable, Luke 16:27-31 KJV.

1 Corinthians 15:29 KJV, Paul was referring to the Sadducees who disputed the resurrection, Acts 23:8 KJV, Mark 12:18 KJV.

This is what the scripture is saying: If there is no resurrection, then why baptized if they remain dead. So why “baptize for the dead.”
And I believe that is hat Paul is saying in 1 Cor 15:29 and needs to be explained ?

Here is another one , in 1 Cor 10:2 they were BAPTIZED unto Moses unto the CLOUD unto the SEA ??

How were they BAPTIZED // BAPTISO into Moses ?

BAPTIZED Unto the CLOUD ?

BAPTIZED unto the SEA ?

I believe just because you see the GREEK word BAPTISM // BAPTIZO that it means WATER .

I could write more , but more later ??

By the way what does the CLOUD and SEA SYMBOLIZE , as they are figures of speech !!

dan p

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I believe that is hat Paul is saying in 1 Cor 15:29 and needs to be explained ?

Here is another one , in 1 Cor 10:2 they were BAPTIZED unto Moses unto the CLOUD unto the SEA ??

How were they BAPTIZED // BAPTISO into Moses ?

BAPTIZED Unto the CLOUD ?

BAPTIZED unto the SEA ?

I believe just because you see the GREEK word BAPTISM // BAPTIZO that it means WATER .

I could write more , but more later ??

By the way what does the CLOUD and SEA SYMBOLIZE , as they are figures of speech !!

dan p
These are the scriptures that relate to what Paul was talking about.

1 Corinthians 15:12-20 KJV
12 “Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?”
13 “But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

So why baptism if the dead remain dead - why baptize for the dead)

14 “And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.”
15 “Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.”
16 “For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:”
17 “And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.”
18 “Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.”
19 “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.”
20 “But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.”

1 Corinthians 15:28-29
28 “And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.”
29 “Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?”

So why baptism if the dead remain dead - why baptize for the dead)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, this does not change anything. I only mention OSAS because it is commonly attached with the sin and still be saved type belief. However, your belief is not news for me. You are either a Free Will Baptist or you are a believer who holds to a similar belief. I have ran into believers online who believe as you do They deny OSAS and yet they believe they can sin and still be saved on some level (Whether it be a lot of sin or sin on occasion). You say all mature adults sin. Okay. Stop right here. You are not reading and believing Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8. Please address these verses in Scripture.
What I have said does not contradict Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8. If you are forgiven of those sins you go to heaven.

Do you know of any one plucking out their own eye or eyes to avoid sinning? Origen had himself castrated to avoid being temped into lusting after the women he was teaching, but regrated doing it afterwards. He is not a good example.
Meaning, I believe what these verses say plainly at face value, unlike you. In your current belief these verses cannot be read or accepted in a normal and straight forward way. This is why I have a problem with your belief. Then again, Jesus said there are going to be believers who thought they did good works in His name and yet He is going to tell them to depart from them because they worked iniquity (See: Matthew 7:21-23, and then read Matthew 7:26-27). No offense, but I believe these are the many sin and still be saved type Christians, whether they are OSAS or not. The wrong thought in the majority of church today is to think like the devil in that we will not die if we break God’s command like back in the Garden.
I do not condone any sinning and feel Christians have the power and Love to be pleasing to God and not sin again.

Do any of the people in your church sin? Are they lost the moment a sinful thought enters their head?

How do you know you are in a saved condition and could that condition change at any moment?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I said I have changed articles on Wiki just to show it can be done. Wiki is unreliable because it can be changed and for the most part provides no credible, verifiable. historical, etc. evidence You are the one quoting them, the burden of proof is on you to verify them not the reader.
But what motivation do people have to lie about such basic information that you can find elsewhere? In other words, if somebody said a cat was a dog on an article on cats on Wikipedia, I am sure the article is not going to remain that way if somebody said something that dumb or false. In other words, I don’t run into problems like that. Oh, and did you write something false on Wikipedia and that false saying is still there? In either case, most people are not into lying. As Christians, we are not supposed to lie.

Don't know, don't care how many anything exist on the planet. I do in fact provide credible, verifiable, historical, etc. evidence and provide a link when possible. Once again you made the claim the burden of proof is on you to support your claims.
We know the real reason why you will not bother. It is because it will simply prove you are incorrect and Wikipedia can be right many times. You also do not want to find out the truth on Matthew 7 because that is too scary for you to accept, as well.
You don’t want to look foolish by being wrong. But why I am not surprised you did not bother to do a simple internet search you can confirm by some other article sources within mere seconds by punch a few keys on your keyboard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What I have said does not contradict Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8. If you are forgiven of those sins you go to heaven.
No. Your not automatically forgiven of Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8 if you are forgiven of sin.
Believers are only forgiven of past sins and not future sins.
You believe you can sin and still be saved because you see forgiveness of sin as applying to future sins.
But these verses teach against that type of belief.

First, it is worth taking note that Jesus is not talking to unbelievers in Matthew 5:28-30.
Jesus’ audience were believers. How do we know? Well, if an unbeliever never looks upon a woman lust their whole life because they are blind since birth, and they did not have human exposure to such temptations, they can still go to hell for rejecting Jesus.
So Jesus is talking to believers. He is saying that a believer can look upon a woman in lust and be in danger of hellfire. Danger of hellfire. Let that sink in.

Second, if a believer’s future sins were paid for as most of Christianity falsely teaches, then they could never be in danger of hellfire if they look upon a woman in lust. This is why your belief is just silly. It is no way in agreement with what we read in the Bible.
Also, Jesus’ whole point of the sermon on the Mount was not to show how you cannot keep God’s laws and as a result all you need do is just believe in Jesus and your good to enter Heaven. No such words was the conclusion of His sermon in the slightest.

As for 1 Timothy 5:8. Again, this is not something that you are automatically forgiven of by having a belief alone in Jesus.
If you actually read 1 Timothy 5:8, you will discover it is conditional. It is talking to the believer only and it says that if you do not provide for your own you have denied the faith and are worse than an infidel (unbeliever). Only a believer can be worse than an unbeliever. An unbeliever cannot be worse than unbeliever because they already are one. So your logic is flawed if you actually read these verses in the King James Bible. Again, we do not see an exemption for this sin if one is said to be forgiven by Jesus (i.e., implying they are forgiven of future sin). Nowhere in the context does it talk about such a silly thing. That’s a belief of man trying to justify the idea they can sin and still be saved. They want to have the best of both worlds, but it does not work like that.

Do you know of any one plucking out their own eye or eyes to avoid sinning? Origen had himself castrated to avoid being temped into lusting after the women he was teaching, but regrated doing it afterwards. He is not a good example.
I believe the ripping out one’s eye, and cutting off one’s hand would be like how we would use slang or metaphor within a literal sentence. Just because one part of a sentence uses a metaphor or slang does not mean the rest of the sentence is entirely a metaphor. I believe this is the case because we are to love others as ourself. Meaning, if you love others as yourself, you are not going to cut off other people’s hands to prevent them to use their hand wrongfully in lusting after women. One can also kill themselves if they do not know how to properly stop the bleeding if one does cut off one’s hand. There is also the chance it can get infected, as well. What if one passes out and bleeds to death? So it seems highly unlikely God would want to have us risk our life in killing ourselves over this matter. He certainly would not want us doing this to others, which means we should not do such a thing towards ourselves. So it’s a metaphor for do whatever it takes to not look upon a woman in lust so as to avoid being cast bodily into hellfire.

But there is also Matthew 6:15 where no extreme metaphor is used. It says if we do not forgive, we will not be forgiven by the Father. Can a person be saved and not be forgiven by the Father? No. So salvation is conditional, and one cannot justify sin with the thinking they are saved all because they have a belief alone on Jesus.

I do not condone any sinning and feel Christians have the power and Love to be pleasing to God and not sin again.
You do not agree with the Bible’s teaching on the Parable of the Prodigal Son in that the prodigal son was dead spiritually while living it up with prostitutes and he became alive again spiritually when he later sought forgiveness with his father (Which is a parallel of how we need to confess our sins to Jesus, our everlasting fire so we do not abide in spiritual death). You do not believe James 5:19-20, which teaches the same truth. Thus, by not believing the proper teaching on the real consequences on sin, then one is condoning sin by default by believing they can sin on some level and be saved.

Do any of the people in your church sin? Are they lost the moment a sinful thought enters their head?
Remember, it only took one sin for the Fall to happen. Their eyes were opened when they ate of the wrong tree and they died spiritually the day they disobeyed God. The wages of sin is death. So if anyone sins, they die, but if they confess and forsake such sins immediately, there is mercy and forgiveness. The goal is to trust in God’s grace, and to overcome sin by the Sanctification of the Spirit. Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

Do not be deceived. The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Meaning, anyone who lives unrighteously on any level or justifies sin, they are not going to enter the Kingdom of God.

How do you know you are in a saved condition and could that condition change at any moment?
1 John 2:3-4. One of my favorites. But most today do not like what it says. They want their fantasy land salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But what motivation do people have to lie about such basic information that you can find elsewhere? In other words, if somebody said a cat was a dog on an article on cats on Wikipedia, I am sure the article is not going to remain that way if somebody said something that dumb or false. In other words, I don’t run into problems like that. Oh, and did you write something false on Wikipedia and that false saying is still there? In either case, most people are not into lying. As Christians, we are not supposed to lie.
People say something dumb and false on wiki all the time. Nothing so obvious as "a cat is a dog." Here is the skinny. Have you been to college or grad school? If you were in either and cited wiki as a source you would probably get a failing grade. I quoted Encyclopedia Britannica once in grad school and got a big red "Do you consider this a scholarly source?" Red signified disapproval. And I said not any more I don't. If it ain't good enough for a grad school paper or test why do you think it is good enough here?

We know the real reason why you will not bother. It is because it will simply prove you are incorrect and Wikipedia can be right many times. You also do not want to find out the truth on Matthew 7 because that is too scary for you to accept, as well.
It’s a matter of pride. You don’t want to look foolish by being wrong. But why I am not surprised you did not bother to do a simple internet search you can confirm by some other article sources.
I won't bother because I won't waste my time on irrelevant minutiae. There might be some correct info at wiki but why take chances? I know the truth about Matt 7 I can read it in 5 languages. I am giving the invitation in English and Korean this coming Sunday. I have been wrong before it doesn't bother me one bit. I know I'm not done yet, I'm still in the oven. You should watch David Ring's sermon on that. I do internet searches for my own posts. I don't have time to do yours and others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You didn’t have to write so much!
Funny, I thought I was being overly brief.
You should see my recent Christian write-up. Now, that’s a large writing. It’s about 96 pages so far and growing.
It is about the KJV, and not about the condemnation of a sin and still be saved type belief.

A lot of what you are referring to is a works based salvation that you are not able to see right now.
I believe you are not able to see the Bible‘s clear teaching on how we are saved by two aspects of salvation.

The Bible teaches that we are saved by…

#1. God’s grace through faith without works (Initial Salvation)​
(Ephesians 2:8-9) (Romans 4:3-5) (Romans 11:6) (Titus 3:5).​
#2. Sanctification of the Spirit to live a holy life (Secondary Aspect of Salvation)​
(2 Thessalonians 2:13) (Galatians 6:8-9) (Romans 8:13) (Hebrews 12:14).​

The Bible talks about how there are two washings involving leprosy.
Leprosy is a parabolic parallel of our sinful condition that needs to be cleansed and healed by God.

But 1 Timothy 5:8, Galatians 6:8-9, and Titus 1:16 is teaching works salvation by the apostle Paul himself (i.e., the famous grace teacher). Of course this only after one is saved initially by God’s grace without works when they believe the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, and they call upon the name of the Lord Jesus for salvation according to Romans 10:9, and Romans 10:13.

James 2:24 says we are justified by works and not by faith only (or faith alone).
James talks about how Abraham was justified by works when he offered Isaac upon the alter.
If you were to then read Hebrews 11, it says that BY FAITH, Abraham offered Isaac upon the alter.
So this means that the work of Abraham offering Isaac upon the alter was a part of his faith.
The verses I mentioned here are a mystery to you and cannot be reconciled by your current belief.

Paul most often talks about how we need to be initially saved, which is a method of salvation without works.
James is famous for James 2 and this is referring to what our faith looks like in the secondary aspect of salvation (Sanctification).
In other words, faith starts off as a belief alone (Paul), but it does not remain that way (James).

As I mentioned, to say our sins are covered in Christ does not mean we are saying we can sin, however if we do sin, that sin is not imputed to us because of Jesus’s atonement. That’s the part you are not able to see right now - it’s actually a denial of Christ.
There is no such verses in Scripture that teach that future sin is forgiven you.
The Bible teaches you have to confess of sin to be forgiven of sin (1 John 1:9).
The Bible teaches you have to confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (Proverbs 28:13).
This is something you cannot see right now because you do not understand what Jude 1:4 warning us about involving God’s grace. There is also no verse in Scripture that teaches that Jesus pays for your future sin and if you deny such a truth, you are denying Christ, as well. You made that up because it sounds good, but it has no basis in the Bible.

However, to clear things up, I simply asked you a question in relation to your argument against those who say they can sin, although that’s not what’s being said.

You did not answer the question: do you sin? I knew you would not be able to answer truthfully. So you got angry!
Nope. I did not get angry. Not even slightly. It’s just a false argument that is used to avoid what the Bible says. It has nothing to do with me, and my life, but it has to do with dealing with what the Bible says. If I told you I live like a saint, this would not be enough to change your non acceptance of the Scriptures I have presented to you that teach we are to overcome sin in order to enter the Kingdom of God. Paul says be not deceived, the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People say something dumb and false on wiki all the time. Nothing so obvious as "a cat is a dog." Here is the skinny. Have you been to college or grad school? If you were in either and cited wiki as a source you would probably get a failing grade. I quoted Encyclopedia Britannica once in grad school and got a big red "Do you consider this a scholarly source?" Red signified disapproval. And I said not any more I don't. If it ain't good enough for a grad school paper or test why do you think it is good enough here?
So your school is the determination of truth and Encyclopedia Britannica is just full of false information? Okay. Did you even bother to do your own homework to see if the school was wrong? It doesn’t sound like it. That sounds like you are creating your own reality based on your experience at school so as to get a passing grade. I believe Bible schools brain wash their students with false teachings. But I am sure you disagree of course.

I won't bother because I won't waste my time on irrelevant minutiae. There might be some correct info at wiki but why take chances? I know the truth about Matt 7 I can read it in 5 languages. I am giving the invitation in English and Korean this coming Sunday. I have been wrong before it doesn't bother me one bit. I know I'm not done yet, I'm still in the oven. You should watch David Ring's sermon on that. I do internet searches for my own posts. I don't have time to do yours and others.
You can know Matthew 7 in 100 languages and still not understand what it says if you do not have the Anointing that 1 John 2:27 talks about. Yes, I know you reject 1 John 2:27 as applying today based on no actual context that says it only applied to the readers of John’s 1st epistle. See, this is your problem. No Spirit to help you understand the Bible and you just use your understanding and you will never get it. The Scriptures warn us about how the carnal mind is at enmity with God. This is why God has to talk to you using the Bible. If not, then you are treating the Bible as no different than any other textbook out there like Math or Science. This is a grave error.

Your refusal to receive any new information to teach you anything new about Matthew 7 shows that you are not approaching the Scriptures properly with a humble heart of being corrected, friend.

We can agree to disagree.

May God’s peace be unto you today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Unless you are desiring to be a doctor, or lawyer, or to be a similar high paid specialist, I believe colleges are a money making scams and much of the information they feed you is not even applicable to the field of study you want to partake in. Many teachers also waste your time in you trying to find the answer that may be on the test. This is not teaching. You don’t learn that way. Repetition is the mother of learning. Hands on experience is how you learn. There are many students who spend the price of a mortgage in a particular field of study, and they end up not being able to get a job with that field of study. So there is deception involved on part of the school. They are not in it for your personal benefit. They want your money. Plain and simple. For many years society has been brain washed that college is the way to get a job that pays well and that’s not always the case. Opportunities in making good money have increased greatly even without having any schooling or education. No more is a paper on the wall necessary to get a good job after one has spent the price of a mortgage. They would have been better off buying a house and paying it off and they could then rent out that house and have a more passive income. So there is working smart vs. working hard. There is being school educated and there are people who are far more educated without any schooling because they are readers and investigators of the truth. Schools do not have the golden keys to all knowledge perfectly. I know your experience may appear to teach otherwise, but the Scriptures teach how men are liars and no institution or organization is going to be perfect or error free. So when a school does not accept a source, that means absolutely nothing to me because they do not know how to teach properly and they teach false information, as well. Granted, I am not saying that some of their sources are wrong, but if they reject basic things like the Encyclopedia, there is something wrong going on. Do you even know that schools today push an agenda that goes against God’s purposes morally?

Peter was a not a scholar and yet he grew in knowledge by the Spirit teaching Him the truth. No fancy school or credible sources were necessary for him to understand the Scriptures. So your approach in understanding God’s Word is unbiblical. No apostle was told to go to a Bible school in order to understand God’s Word.

What is scary is that you only accept information or sources that a school would accept. In my experience with talking with you, you appear to believe that Internet searches, articles online, and YouTube are all suspect and a waste of real credible knowledge. You shut yourself off from investigating the truth on things. You created a conspiracy theory against basic knowledge that is attainable by an internet search. Granted, Google is no longer a good internet search engine like it used to be. It used to give you less unbiased results, and now it gives you limited biased results. As of today, I have decided to limit my use of Google because they do not give me the results like it did in the past. I have now decided to use DuckDuckGo.com because it appears to give the results I am looking for. In other words, you want filtered knowledge from a school that does not even operate with integrity to your best benefit. But each to their own, of course. People place too much faith in sinful organizations. My faith is in the Bible, and knowledge that I pick up from the internet is only secondary or supplementary to the Bible. But people choose their own path for their own reasons. Sometimes those reasons are flawed, and other times they are good and noble.

Side Note:

Update on Google:

You can get better search results in Google if you type in your phrase like this “< search phrase >”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. Your not automatically forgiven of Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8 if you are forgiven of sin.
Believers are only forgiven of past sins and not future sins.
You believe you can sin and still be saved because you see forgiveness of sin as applying to future sins.
But these verses teach against that type of belief.
I never said you were “automatically forgiven of future sins”. If you stay no the path the blood of Christ is washing you clean of your sins, but you have to stay on the path. 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

! john 5:16 suggests there are sins Christians can do which do not lead to separation and we can pray for the sinner, which will give them life.
First, it is worth taking note that Jesus is not talking to unbelievers in Matthew 5:28-30.
Jesus’ audience were believers. How do we know? Well, if an unbeliever never looks upon a woman lust their whole life because they are blind since birth, and they did not have human exposure to such temptations, they can still go to hell for rejecting Jesus.
So Jesus is talking to believers. He is saying that a believer can look upon a woman in lust and be in danger of hellfire. Danger of hellfire. Let that sink in.
Right, they need to repent and seek God’s forgiveness and not let this continue resulting in hell.

Second, if a believer’s future sins were paid for as most of Christianity falsely teaches, then they could never be in danger of hellfire if they look upon a woman in lust. This is why your belief is just silly. It is no way in agreement with what we read in the Bible.
Also, Jesus’ whole point of the sermon on the Mount was not to show how you cannot keep God’s laws and as a result all you need do is just believe in Jesus and your good to enter Heaven. No such words was the conclusion of His sermon in the slightest.
I do not know where you are getting this: “most of Christianity falsely teaches”. Yes, there are lots of false teachers found, IMO, all denominations.
As for 1 Timothy 5:8. Again, this is not something that you are automatically forgiven of by having a belief alone in Jesus.
If you actually read 1 Timothy 5:8, you will discover it is conditional. It is talking to the believer only and it says that if you do not provide for your own you have denied the faith and are worse than an infidel (unbeliever). Only a believer can be worse than an unbeliever. An unbeliever cannot be worse than unbeliever because they already are one. So your logic is flawed if you actually read these verses in the King James Bible. Again, we do not see an exemption for this sin if one is said to be forgiven by Jesus (i.e., implying they are forgiven of future sin). Nowhere in the context does it talk about such a silly thing. That’s a belief of man trying to justify the idea they can sin and still be saved. They want to have the best of both worlds, but it does not work like that.
I am not teaching OSAS, so yes you can fall away and be wors than a nonbeliever.

Sinning is not a “best” in any world.

Are you saying you never sin anymore?
I believe the ripping out one’s eye, and cutting off one’s hand would be like how we would use slang or metaphor within a literal sentence. Just because one part of a sentence uses a metaphor or slang does not mean the rest of the sentence is entirely a metaphor. I believe this is the case because we are to love others as ourself. Meaning, if you love others as yourself, you are not going to cut off other people’s hands to prevent them to use their hand wrongfully in lusting after women. One can also kill themselves if they do not know how to properly stop the bleeding if one does cut off one’s hand. There is also the chance it can get infected, as well. What if one passes out and bleeds to death? So it seems highly unlikely God would want to have us risk our life in killing ourselves over this matter. He certainly would not want us doing this to others, which means we should not do such a thing towards ourselves. So it’s a metaphor for do whatever it takes to not look upon a woman in lust so as to avoid being cast bodily into hellfire.
I am glade you do not take every word literally.

Have you quit watching TV?
But there is also Matthew 6:15 where no extreme metaphor is used. It says if we do not forgive, we will not be forgiven by the Father. Can a person be saved and not be forgiven by the Father? No. So salvation is conditional, and one cannot justify sin with the thinking they are saved all because they have a belief alone on Jesus.
I never said “salvation is not conditional”, so where are you getting that?
You do not agree with the Bible’s teaching on the Parable of the Prodigal Son in that the prodigal son was dead spiritually while living it up with prostitutes and he became alive again spiritually when he later sought forgiveness with his father (Which is a parallel of how we need to confess our sins to Jesus, our everlasting fire so we do not abide in spiritual death). You do not believe James 5:19-20, which teaches the same truth. Thus, by not believing the proper teaching on the real consequences on sin, then one is condoning sin by default by believing they can sin on some level and be saved.
Where did you ever get that idea from what I have been saying?

You might want to step back for a moment: God judges the hearts of people and not just their outward actions. When was King David in a hell bound condition and when was he in a heaven bound situation?
Remember, it only took one sin for the Fall to happen. Their eyes were opened when they ate of the wrong tree and they died spiritually the day they disobeyed God. The wages of sin is death. So if anyone sins, they die, but if they confess and forsake such sins immediately, there is mercy and forgiveness. The goal is to trust in God’s grace, and to overcome sin by the Sanctification of the Spirit. Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

Do not be deceived. The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Meaning, anyone who lives unrighteously on any level or justifies sin, they are not going to enter the Kingdom of God.
OK, so if you do wonderful for 70 years and are forgiven up until right before your death by commit one sin that is not unto death and immediately die, you go to hell for eternity?

Do you like that idea?

Does that seem fair and just to you?
1 John 2:3-4. One of my favorites. But most today do not like what it says. They want their fantasy land salvation.
1 John 2: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

Jesus led a sinless life and never asked to be forgiven, so do you commit any sins?

What I have seen in my life are Christians: who continuously strive and allow the Spirit to move mountain 24/7 thus being like Christ in lovingly caring for others, mentoring others, serving others, listening to others, correcting others and Loving others, thus not having time to sin. These are rare, but some I have found in Communist China and a prison in the USA.

You seem hung up on not sin, while being hung up on doing good, might be a better strategy.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never said you were “automatically forgiven of future sins”.
It matters not what you said or did not say.
What matters is what you actually believe.
So do you believe future sins are forgiven a believer at any point of their life?
Please answer with a “yes,” or “no.”

If you stay no the path the blood of Christ is washing you clean of your sins, but you have to stay on the path. 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
So you believe in Conditional Salvation?

1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

! john 5:16 suggests there are sins Christians can do which do not lead to separation and we can pray for the sinner, which will give them life.
What sins do you believe this is in reference to?

I believe 1 John 5:16 is a case where a believer is struggling with a particular sin or sins (like lusting after women and or lying), and they are confessing their sins to Jesus to overcome it and to be forgiven of it; Hence, why it is not a sin unto death. But in this case or example, they need prayer by other believers in order to have life in overcoming these sins. If they do not overcome they are not living holy. It says in Hebrews 12:14 that without holiness no man shall see the Lord.

Right, they need to repent and seek God’s forgiveness and not let this continue resulting in hell.
So a believer that was once saved can later die spiritually due to sin?

I do not know where you are getting this: “most of Christianity falsely teaches”.
Either you just arrived on planet Earth, or you are not paying attention carefully to what most Christians say these days.
When push comes to shove, Christians admit they can sin on some level and be saved. Most will say a Christian will not practice murder, or sleep around or be a practicing thief, etcetera. But when you ask the right questions, they then will admit at other times they can sin and be saved on occasion. Meaning, they see 1 John 1:8 as a banner flag to sin on some smaller level with the thinking they are saved. They will also sometimes falsely use Romans 7:14-24, 1 Timothy 1:15, Romans 3:23, etcetera as a point in how they can sin and still be saved. Some Christians have admitted to me that if a believer who generally lived a holy life were to look upon a woman in lust and then they got hit by a bus and died (without getting a chance to confess of such a sin to Jesus), they are saved. But 1 John 1:9 says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. Meaning, we must confess in order to be forgiven. I don’t believe that such a believer would be saved if they died without having had a chance to repent or confess of their sin to the Lord.

I am not teaching OSAS,
If you read my previous post, I accepted your claim that you do not believe in OSAS. So you do not need to repeat that you don’t believe in it. But just know that just because a Christian claims to not believe in OSAS does not mean they do not believe they can sin and still be saved. Free Will Baptists do not believe in OSAS and yet they believe they can sin and still be saved, which is false.

so yes you can fall away and be wors than a nonbeliever.
It is rare that Christians will admit to this fact in Scripture.

Are you saying you never sin anymore?
With questions like this it assumes that your position is that you believe you can sin and still be saved.
Why? Because if you believe that you do not need to overcome sin to enter the Kingdom of God, then you would never asked such a question but you would be in agreement with me. So what sins do you believe you can commit and be saved?

I am glade you do not take every word literally.
But… do you believe that a Christian who is saved can later be cast bodily into hellfire by lusting after a woman?

Have you quit watching TV?
I only watch Christian movies on rare occasion. I do not watch sinful movies and shows like I used to in the past.

I never said “salvation is not conditional”, so where are you getting that?
I am glad you believe salvation is conditional.

You might want to step back for a moment: God judges the hearts of people and not just their outward actions. When was King David in a hell bound condition and when was he in a heaven bound situation?
David was hell bound when he was committed murder, and adultery.
He was heaven bound when he confessed of his sins to the Lord in Psalms 51.

OK, so if you do wonderful for 70 years and are forgiven up until right before your death by commit one sin that is not unto death and immediately die, you go to hell for eternity?
Yes. Take heed to how you stand unless you fall the Scriptures say.
We are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Do you like that idea?

Does that seem fair and just to you?
Not sure what you mean by these questions.

1 John 2: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.
But that does not address 1 John 2:3-4.
What do you believe this passage says?
Do you believe that the person who claims to know Jesus and yet they do not keep His commandments is a liar?
Do you believe that the person in 1 John 2:4 is saved?

Jesus led a sinless life and never asked to be forgiven, so do you commit any sins?
When you ask such questions, this assumes that you believe you can sin and still be saved on some level.
Please explain just what type of sins a believer can commit and still be saved.
To what degree can they do such sins and be saved?

What I have seen in my life are Christians: who continuously strive and allow the Spirit to move mountain 24/7 thus being like Christ in lovingly caring for others, mentoring others, serving others, listening to others, correcting others and Loving others, thus not having time to sin.
Then you have not been paying attention. Most believe they can sin and still be saved on some smaller level. Of course they are not always going to be open about what sins they can commit while they are saved. But it is the belief of the vast majority of Protestantism.

These are rare, but some I have found in Communist China and a prison in the USA.
Illusions can abound even amongst what we believe is true. Granted, I am not saying that all the believers you encountered are not true with God or anything. I am just saying that the vast majority of Christianity is not going to make it based on the very words of Jesus and based on my observation of what they say.

You seem hung up on not sin, while being hung up on doing good, might be a better strategy.
Actually, you are misinformed about what I believe. I believe there are two types of sins. The first are sins of commission, which are things like, “Thou shalt not murder, thou shalt covet,” etcetera. Jesus and the apostles seems to be hung up on these kinds of things by mentioning these kinds of things to others. The second are sins of omission, which are things like, not preaching the gospel, not helping the poor, not loving the brethren, not loving one’s enemies, etcetera.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never said you were “automatically forgiven of future sins”.
The reason why I believe you hold to the belief that a Christian is forgiven of future sins is because you seemed to brush aside Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8 as not being problems if one is forgiven. But these pieces of Scripture are speaking from a conditional standpoint and it would not matter if past sins was forgiven you. If you break Matthew 5:28-30, or 1 Timothy 5:8, you need to confess and forsake such sins in order to be forgiven. So to say they are not an issue if you are forgiven implies that one can reach a state of having future sins forgiven them whereby one does not need to worry about Matthew 5:28-30, and 1 Timothy 5:8.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It matters not what you said or did not say.
What matters is what you actually believe.
So do you believe future sins are forgiven a believer at any point of their life?
Please answer with a “yes,” or “no.”
Yes, it does matter what I say and is record, since others can read it.

I do believe in the future, sins in the future are forgiven if the person is accepting of God’s forgiveness.
So you believe in Conditional Salvation?
Yes, my salvation was conditional on my humbly accepting God’s forgiveness as pure undeserved charity.
What sins do you believe this is in reference to?
At least unintentional sins like we find in Lev. 5, but maybe others, but I would want to bring to the sinner’s attention all sins, so he can be humbled in asking for forgiveness and repent.
I believe 1 John 5:16 is a case where a believer is struggling with a particular sin or sins (like lusting after women and or lying), and they are confessing their sins to Jesus to overcome it and to be forgiven of it; Hence, why it is not a sin unto death. But in this case or example, they need prayer by other believers in order to have life in overcoming these sins. If they do not overcome they are not living holy. It says in Hebrews 12:14 that without holiness no man shall see the Lord.

So a believer that was once saved can later die spiritually due to sin?

Either you just arrived on planet Earth, or you are not paying attention carefully to what most Christians say these days.
When push comes to shove, Christians admit they can sin on some level and be saved. Most will say a Christian will not practice murder, or sleep around or be a practicing thief, etcetera. But when you ask the right questions, they then will admit at other times they can sin and be saved on occasion. Meaning, they see 1 John 1:8 as a banner flag to sin on some smaller level with the thinking they are saved. They will also sometimes falsely use Romans 7:14-24, 1 Timothy 1:15, Romans 3:23, etcetera as a point in how they can sin and still be saved. Some Christians have admitted to me that if a believer who generally lived a holy life were to look upon a woman in lust and then they got hit by a bus and died (without getting a chance to confess of such a sin to Jesus), they are saved. But 1 John 1:9 says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. Meaning, we must confess in order to be forgiven. I don’t believe that such a believer would be saved if they died without having had a chance to repent or confess of their sin to the Lord.
I would say most people who call themselves “Christians” are not Christians. “Christian” is not some title given a person, but a descriptive term meaning “Christ like”, so most Christ like (Christians) are Christ like.
If you read my previous post, I accepted your claim that you do not believe in OSAS. So you do not need to repeat that you don’t believe in it. But just know that just because a Christian claims to not believe in OSAS does not mean they do not believe they can sin and still be saved. Free Will Baptists do not believe in OSAS and yet they believe they can sin and still be saved, which is false.
What do you mean by: “Sin and still be saved”? We all have sinned.
It is rare that Christians will admit to this fact in Scripture.

With questions like this it assumes that your position is that you believe you can sin and still be saved.
Why? Because if you believe that you do not need to overcome sin to enter the Kingdom of God, then you would never asked such a question but you would be in agreement with me. So what sins do you believe you can commit and be saved?
Like I might, sometimes watch something stupid on TV, instead of doing something helpful for others. Goaf off. Not fast enough. Not pray enough. Go to sleep when I should be staying up praying. Really just doing anything Christ would not do in my place.

I make excuses, but in the end ask God to forgive me and try to be more pleasing to God, next time.
But… do you believe that a Christian who is saved can later be cast bodily into hellfire by lusting after a woman?
I promise you it will not be for one unintentional moment mistake, since there is never just one bad seed in our hand, we sow.

I only watch Christian movies on rare occasion. I do not watch sinful movies and shows like I used to in the past.
Were you hell bound all the time in your past?

I am glad you believe salvation is conditional.

David was hell bound when he was committed murder, and adultery.
He was heaven bound when he confessed of his sins to the Lord in Psalms 51.
What about when David was goofing off walking on his rooftop when he should have been with his army or serving his family?

Yes. Take heed to how you stand unless you fall the Scriptures say.
We are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
God judges the hearts of people and is perfectly just, fair and merciful.
Not sure what you mean by these questions.

But that does not address 1 John 2:3-4.
What do you believe this passage says?
Do you believe that the person who claims to know Jesus and yet they do not keep His commandments is a liar?
Do you believe that the person in 1 John 2:4 is saved?
I believe John is addressing false teacher, who would have been like the Pharisees (teaching obedience and not obeying themselves. Liars and hypocrites will not be saved.

When you ask such questions, this assumes that you believe you can sin and still be saved on some level.
Please explain just what type of sins a believer can commit and still be saved.
To what degree can they do such sins and be saved?
God judges the hearts of people and is perfectly just, fair and merciful, I am not able.

Then you have not been paying attention. Most believe they can sin and still be saved on some smaller level. Of course they are not always going to be open about what sins they can commit while they are saved. But it is the belief of the vast majority of Protestantism.
If it is vitally necessary for a Christian to mentally ask for forgiveness, just prior to dying than my understand of God’s Love would cause God to miraculously allow each Christian that time to do so.

Does your understanding of God allow Him to provide that ability and time for each of us? I am not saying all previous Christian and now sinners would ask on their death bed for forgiveness.
Illusions can abound even amongst what we believe is true. Granted, I am not saying that all the believers you encountered are not true with God or anything. I am just saying that the vast majority of Christianity is not going to make it based on the very words of Jesus and based on my observation of what they say.
You might have too liberal of a definition of Christian.
Actually, you are misinformed about what I believe. I believe there are two types of sins. The first are sins of commission, which are things like, “Thou shalt not murder, thou shalt covet,” etcetera. Jesus and the apostles seems to be hung up on these kinds of things by mentioning these kinds of things to others. The second are sins of omission, which are things like, not preaching the gospel, not helping the poor, not loving the brethren, not loving one’s enemies, etcetera.
If we are doing good stuff to avoid doing sins of omission that might be a sin, since we must do good, really being compelled by Love. 1 Cor 13: 1-3.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it does matter what I say and is record, since others can read it. I do believe in the future, sins in the future are forgiven if the person is accepting of God’s forgiveness.
Well, I was not talking in a general sense. I was referring in context to when you said this:

I never said you were “automatically forgiven of future sins”.”​
~ Quote by bling.​

No offense, but I believe this is misleading because your statement above here makes it sound like you do not believe future sins are forgiven you, and yet, now you are admitting that you actually believe future sins is forgiven you. Just tell it to me straight next time when I call you out on a belief you hold to.

In any event, the teaching that future sin is forgiven you is unbiblical.

Yes, my salvation was conditional on my humbly accepting God’s forgiveness as pure undeserved charity.
This is how salvation starts and it only involves the forgiveness of past sins and not your future sins.
If future sins were forgiven, then the Parable of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15 and James 5:19-20 would be a lie.
Jesus warning against how sin can destroy our souls would be a lie.
The apostle Paul warning against how sin can destroy our souls would be a lie.

At least unintentional sins like we find in Lev. 5, but maybe others, but I would want to bring to the sinner’s attention all sins, so he can be humbled in asking for forgiveness and repent.
Yes, we are to seek forgiveness of all our past sins with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Any new sin is not automatically forgiven because of our past acceptance and repentance with Jesus Christ.
Believers must confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (Proverbs 28:13).

I would say most people who call themselves “Christians” are not Christians. “Christian” is not some title given a person, but a descriptive term meaning “Christ like”, so most Christ like (Christians) are Christ like.
This is the biblical view. Narrow is the way that leads unto life, and few be there that find it.

What do you mean by: “Sin and still be saved”? We all have sinned.
Yes, most Christians believe they have sinned as a part of their old life. I also believe Christians can stumble on rare occasion as they mature, but they confess and forsake such sins and they strive to mature and overcome sin knowing that without holiness no man shall see the Lord. So one’s unregenerate life or life on the road to recovery is obviously not what I am talking about. I am talking about a mindset that Christians have today. You should know what I mean in this Laodicean age. But just in case they pulled the wool over your eyes, I am referring to the believers in Jude 1:4 who turn God’s grace into a license to sin or licentiousness. Meaning, they will say future sin is forgiven them, giving them a license to sin on some level or to treat sin with false consequences. In other words, Christians believe they will just be chastised in this life if they sin, and they will not lose their salvation by sin. Of course each Christian defines what level of sin is acceptable to them. But they all basically have the idea that they could lie or look at a woman in lust tomorrow because they are sinners, and they will be saved even if they do not confess and forsake such sins. Some will say you must confess and forsake such sins as a mark of a saved believer, but they will say you were never in any danger of falling into spiritual death, whereby one would need to repent and get their heart right with the Lord again. Both views is turning God’s grace into a license to sin. It’s not the biblical view of the real punishment of sin. If one commits sins like adultery, coveting, idolatry, murder, hate, they are in danger of hellfire and they need to repent and return to the Lord their God.

Like I might, sometimes watch something stupid on TV, instead of doing something helpful for others.
Loving the things of this world like movies and TV series is something that God will eventually weed out of your life if you give it time and ask for His help. Christian movies are a good alternative to help fill the gap.

Check out my recommendations here:

Keep praying over 1 John 2:15-17 in fully understanding its meaning. Ask God for help on making this passage a reality someday.

Goaf off.
Perhaps you meant goof off?
If so, what activities would be involved?

Not fast enough.
What does this mean?

Not pray enough.
Does the Bible say that if we do not pray enough we are in danger of hellfire?
Granted, prayer is key to not be led into temptation so as not to sin.
But if it is a sin and still be saved Christian praying, they need to understand the reality of the below verse.

Proverbs 28:9
“He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination

Go to sleep when I should be staying up praying. Really just doing anything Christ would not do in my place.
That is noble. Paul says we are to have the mind of Christ and Jesus never justified the idea that He could sin and still enter the Kingdom. Yet, when I talk with Christians today, they ask if I sin, which is no doubt a question asked to justify their own sin on a regular basis because they do not believe one can overcome sin as the Bible teaches. They also no doubt believe they are saved despite their committing sin all because they have a belief alone on Jesus as their Savior. So they hold to a view that they can sin on some level as a way of life as a believer, and yet, they believe they are saved.

I make excuses, but in the end ask God to forgive me and try to be more pleasing to God, next time.
Do you believe we need to overcome sin in order to make it into God’s Kingdom?

Revelation 22:14-15 says,
“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.”

I promise you it will not be for one unintentional moment mistake, since there is never just one bad seed in our hand, we sow.
So you are saying it is impossible to obey God?

Matthew 19:25-26 says,
”When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”

Were you hell bound all the time in your past?
I am not a Univeralist. So yes. Most Christians believe they were not saved prior to accepting Jesus Christ. This does not prove you are correct by any means.

What about when David was goofing off walking on his rooftop when he should have been with his army or serving his family?
Whatever sin the Bible does not specifically condemn, then it is not really a sin that leads to hell then. David was abiding in spiritual death when he committed murder, and adultery, and he became alive again spiritually by seeking forgiveness with the Lord in Psalms 51.

God judges the hearts of people and is perfectly just, fair and merciful.
Yes, He can. Not sure how that proves your right.

I believe John is addressing false teacher, who would have been like the Pharisees (teaching obedience and not obeying themselves. Liars and hypocrites will not be saved.
I understand that sounds comforting to you, but what if it was more stricter in meaning than that?
Meaning, imagine if not keeping His commands applies to any believer and if they are not truly on that walk with Christ by keeping His commands, they are not abiding in spiritual life. That’s how I understand it. Meaning, if we are not keeping His commandments today and we claim to know Him, we are a liar. This applies to me, you, and every other believer on the planet. We have to keep His commands in this life and if not, we are not going to make it into the Kingdom. But Christianity teaches that all you have to do is believe in Jesus and nothing else and you are saved. No commandment keeping is required and they see that as works salvation.

God judges the hearts of people and is perfectly just, fair and merciful, I am not able.
Jesus says if we do not receive His words, those words will judge us on the last day in John 12:48. This means that Jesus (God) does expect us to be held accountable to what He said, and we should be able to judge ourselves to walk accordingly and not justify sin like the majority of Christianity out there.

If it is vitally necessary for a Christian to mentally ask for forgiveness, just prior to dying than my understand of God’s Love would cause God to miraculously allow each Christian that time to do so.
But it’s more than just seeking forgiveness as if it was something we must check off the box. It is our lifeline to staying forgiven (saved). This confessing of sin is done with the intention of forsaking sin and never desiring to do it again.

Does your understanding of God allow Him to provide that ability and time for each of us? I am not saying all previous Christian and now sinners would ask on their death bed for forgiveness.
I believe a person can accept Christ on their deathbed and be saved.
But if they say to themselves that is their plan while they live in sin, it’s not going to work.
God will know they desire to love their sin more than God.

You might have too liberal of a definition of Christian.
Not at all. There are self professing Christians (fake believers) and real genuine Christians.
Obviously self professors are not saved. The real Christians are saved.
There are also Christians who start out good, but they later either justify sin or false doctrine and later abide in spiritual death.
So it’s not how you start, but how you finish.
Believers must fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on eternal life.
But Christians today do not even know that we are supposed to be in a fight as a part of eternal life.
They are biblically illiterate, and they just follow whatever their pastor or church says.
If we are doing good stuff to avoid doing sins of omission that might be a sin, since we must do good, really being compelled by Love. 1 Cor 13: 1-3.
Luke 9:62 is basically telling you that if you put your hand to the plow (i.e., preaching the gospel), and you turn back you are not fit for the Kingdom of God. Meaning, if one turns back from spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to others, they are not going to enter God’s Kingdom. Plain and simple.

Matthew 25 in the Parable of the Sheep and Goats, it teaches that if we are not helping the poor in this life, we are not doing so unto Christ, and we will be told to go away into everlasting punishment. Meaning, we will not be saved, but we will face the Lake of Fire instead.

1 John 3:15 says if we hate our brother we are like a murderer and no murderer has eternal life abiding in them. 1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the light as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. So it’s conditional. The indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11 tells us that walking in the light = loving your brother. So we have to love our brother in order for the blood of Jesus to continue to cleanse us from all sin. This is why Jesus asked to Peter, if he love him three times and then concluded with stating how Peter was to feed His sheep (Loving them by nurturing them with the Word of God and meet their physical needs if he could or if applicable).

These are three major sins of omission that can keep us out of God’s Kingdom.
Granted, if we love Christ, it will be nature to do these things, but we must realize that these are actually sins that can keep us out of His Kingdom if we are not partaking of them on some level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do believe in the future, sins in the future are forgiven if the person is accepting of God’s forgiveness.
sThat's a popular "seeker-sensitive" mistaken / misconception. It's as if a Christain doesn't need to repent for any future sin ... believing (indoctrinated) that any future sins have already been forgiven. (just another ploy of what the enemy (satan) is all about.

Stop your sinning or something worse may happen to you (John 5:14)
Go and sin no more (John 8:11)

You are not alone as more and more of today's 'seeker sensitive' pastors figure they can keep the pews (and offerinegs) filled and warm by telling their congregation what they want to hear ... not what they need to hear . . .

"Seeker-sensitive is a phrase that has come to describe Christian pastors that seek to
accommodate people (so-called nominal 'christians') who are uncertain about their faith convictions"

Are seeker-sensitive churches biblical?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sThat's a popular "seeker-sensitive" mistaken / misconception. It's as if a Christain doesn't need to repent for any future sin ... believing (indoctrinated) that any future sins have already been forgiven. (just another ploy of what the enemy (satan) is all about.

Stop your sinning or something worse may happen to you (John 5:14)
Go and sin no more (John 8:11)

You are not alone as more and more of today's 'seeker sensitive' pastors figure they can keep the pews (and offerinegs) filled and warm by telling their congregation what they want to hear ... not what they need to hear . . .

"Seeker-sensitive is a phrase that has come to describe Christian pastors that seek to
accommodate people (so-called nominal 'christians') who are uncertain about their faith convictions"

Are seeker-sensitive churches biblical?

Jesus teaches us in Luke 7 “he that is forgiven much, Loves much”, so if you humbly accept God’s forgiveness of the unbelievable huge debt sin produced, you will automatically receive an unbelievable huge Love (Godly type Love). That huge Love will compel you to do good stuff which the Spirit will lead you into doing. If you do anything without being motivated by this Love it is worthless (1 Cor. 13:1-3).

God as the epitome of Love is doing His part perfectly for your forgiveness, but you still have to humbly accept this undeserved charity as charity and then you will Love much, be motivated by Love and move mountains.

I teach: “Christians do not have to ever sin again with Godly type Love and the indwelling Holy Spirit”, but lots of people do not like that idea. So is that what you teach?
I am not saying God pre-forgives sins you will make in the future.

Upvote 0