• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

I need him but hes not here

Discussion in 'Exploring Christianity' started by Jesslyn, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Jesslyn

Jesslyn New Member

+7
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I use to be a christian like 10 years ago and it seems like my mental health has degraded since then. Everything is getting worse like I almost went to the ER tonight. I miss my faith. I miss having god to talk to. I miss being apart of a community like this but... I have never needed him more in my life than I do tonight. Where is he though? At the same time in my past, Christianity is a big reason why I hate myself. The rules and stipulations. How is it that YOUR doctrine is correct but the guy sitting next to you isnt? The way other Christians act - its almost this brain washed phoney Im perfect type of way. The fact that God remains silent. There were years, and I still do I guess.. that I question his existence. I don’t understand the bible. God leaves it open for us to interpret but condemns people who are gay and other things. Hell too. Also why are we supposed to trust a book? I never really looked for answers because everytime I tried someone would quote the bible at me. Im not trying to insult anyone in this post I just thought maybe someone could give me advice. Where is God because I would really like to hear from him...

• Prayers Prayers x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Hello and welcome to CF...I'm glad you didn't go to the ER! You need to hear...are you listening?

3. Tone

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Why do you believe He is silent?

4. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+9,192
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I have 2 choices:

1. Believe God with the faith He gave me.
    2. Don't believe God, and claim that everything is random with no punishment for evil and no peace for anyone.

I can't live with the second choice. It makes life meaningless.

5. Tone

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private

One more question:

How have you positioned yourself to hear Him?

6. Jesslyn

Jesslyn New Member

+7
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    what does that mean

7. Tone

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    You said that He remains silent so I am guessing that you somehow readied yourself to hear from Him?

8. Jesslyn

Jesslyn New Member

+7
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Yes i prayed i cried i listened.

9. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+9,192
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Phony Christians (actually non-Christians) are allowed in churches. We aren't required to believe that everyone who claims to be a Christian is one.

I don't hear an audible voice from God. His word and Holy Spirit guide me. His word is amazing!

Christian Psalm 23_.jpg

2 Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God a may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Scripture helps Christians because we love God. Only God can save us and He demonstrated His love first. If we truly love Him, we obey Him. We aren't afraid of hell. We forgive everyone because He told us to. Forgiving others brings us peace. Love feels so much better than hate!

10. Tone

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private

And you heard nothing...or did you hear judgement and condemnation?

11. crossnote

crossnote Berean Supporter

+1,261
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    True doctrine should match the Bible which points to the Person of Jesus Christ as central.

And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. (Luk 24:27)

12. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,836
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    God is quiet, not silent.

But we have noise in us, which keeps us from hearing Him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Tone

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    He is the Wonderful and True Sound, but we often get distracted by mere noise.

14. Jesslyn

Jesslyn New Member

+7
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I heard nothing. 10 years of nothing. How do i hear him? Not opening a book and relying on intuitive thoughts and feelings of what god might be saying but REALLY hear him. Im not talking about a voice but you know 100% that its from him.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  15. Jesslyn

Jesslyn New Member

+7
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Even though a voice would be nice or even a hug

16. Tone

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    May Yah wrap you in His Loving Arms and Breathe deeply into every aspect of your being...in Yahshua the Messiah. Amen.

17. Tone

+3,263
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    This song comes to mind...listen closely to the lyrics:

18. Al Touthentop

Al Touthentop Well-Known Member

+722
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian

I get your frustration. The Bible doesn't get easier to understand by listening to the noise of people's opinions which are often uninfluenced by scripture.

Try just reading the Bible as if it were a novel. Start at Genesis. Don't work too hard trying to understand every verse, just try and get the overall message being delivered. When you get finished with Revelation, start over. It's good to study the bible also but don't let that get in your way of a full reading.

I would also recommend praying just prior to cracking it open no matter what you are doing, be it an overall read or a study. Ask God to open your mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Al Touthentop

Al Touthentop Well-Known Member

+722
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    The Bible is 100% from him.

20. TzephanYahu

TzephanYahu Member

+49
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Shalom Jesslyn,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this phase. But I'm sure it doesn't have to stay this way. I was once where you are and then things changed dramatically for the better ans the relationship became more real and sturdier than any other earthly relationship

Can I ask, what happened 10 years ago? What was going on in your life or heart at that time when things started to change?

Love & Shalom