Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Jesslyn > Please consider > I am not a moderator; so I am not authorized to rule on disputes. But what I am doing here is showing an example of how ones can disagree, but it can happen that one is disagreeing with what the other does not mean. And what each is saying can be correct, though the other does not understand that, yet.

This can happen, in our Christian discussions, at times.

His commands are not as you imagine them to be - "do this or don't do that!".

It is, you must read God's law and commandments and do what they say.

His commands are not as you imagine them to be - "do this or don't do that!". His commands are "drink from me, the source of life", and not from these other streams because those streams will poison you unto death.
I think Sanoy means God does not just give us a bunch of rules while He keeps score on us for the day of judgment.

However, we do have commandments about how to live with God and how to relate with one another. These are not merely rules about actions of a physical sort. But these are rules of the heart, so we can personally share with God, submit to Him, and share as family with one another in His love. And our ability to do this comes with God changing us to be like Jesus. It is not, then, about what we can get our own selves to do.

Please no christian bickering in my thread.
My opinion, Jesslyn, is they each are talking about different things. Sanoy means there are not a bunch of do and don't rules which God leaves it up to you to do, and which tend to be merely outward practice things which are not in sharing with God and do not have us loving as His family. But, yes, there are commands we need, like Night Dream means, to guide us to all the good our Heavenly Father desires to share with us.

Even so > yes there are moral standards, because God knows which things He has people do and what is not being done with Him in His love. So, yes He does tell us things are a no-no, because He knows we will not be doing them with Him, and so we will not be sharing with Him in His love, by doing them. In other words, there are things God's love does with us, and there are things God's love does not have us doing.

So, no we do not have just a list of do's and don'ts which we must get ourselves to do, in separation from God. But yes we do have necessary commandments about how to love and live with Jesus and one another.

For example, Jesus says to forgive. Forgiving is an important basic to living and sharing with God and one another as His family. Forgiveness lives in God's love. So . . . if we are living in unforgiveness . . . can you see the problem with this??

Upvote 0

NightDream

Night dream
Dec 16, 2019
Sofia
✟9,325.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Jesslyn > Please consider > I am not a moderator; so I am not authorized to rule on disputes. But what I am doing here is showing an example of how ones can disagree, but it can happen that one is disagreeing with what the other does not mean. And what each is saying can be correct, though the other does not understand that, yet.

This can happen, in our Christian discussions, at times.

I think Sanoy means God does not just give us a bunch of rules while He keeps score on us for the day of judgment.

However, we do have commandments about how to live with God and how to relate with one another. These are not merely rules about actions of a physical sort. But these are rules of the heart, so we can personally share with God, submit to Him, and share as family with one another in His love. And our ability to do this comes with God changing us to be like Jesus. It is not, then, about what we can get our own selves to do.

My opinion, Jesslyn, is they each are talking about different things. Sanoy means there are not a bunch of do and don't rules which God leaves it up to you to do, and which tend to be merely outward practice things which are not in sharing with God and do not have us loving as His family. But, yes, there are commands we need, like Night Dream means, to guide us to all the good our Heavenly Father desires to share with us.

Even so > yes there are moral standards, because God knows which things He has people do and what is not being done with Him in His love. So, yes He does tell us things are a no-no, because He knows we will not be doing them with Him, and so we will not be sharing with Him in His love, by doing them. In other words, there are things God's love does with us, and there are things God's love does not have us doing.

So, no we do not have just a list of do's and don'ts which we must get ourselves to do, in separation from God. But yes we do have necessary commandments about how to love and live with Jesus and one another.

For example, Jesus says to forgive. Forgiving is an important basic to living and sharing with God and one another as His family. Forgiveness lives in God's love. So . . . if we are living in unforgiveness . . . can you see the problem with this??

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0