I love P.E.T.A and what they do.

Jishuku

Apr 29, 2006
✟15,129.00
Faith
Christian
I know too little about PETA to say yay or nay. Reading about them offing perfectly healthy adoptable animals sickens me though. There are better organizations than them I think.

The Bible does say that whoever doesn't care about animals is not really a believer. Respecting and caring for all of God's creatures comes naturally for me, as it should for anyone that walks with God.

Proverbs 12:10

"The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel."

Upvote 0

ABrauny

Mar 16, 2012
✟15,146.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
PETA is ridiculous and they haven't a moral leg to stand on. Ending the use of animals for human gains is not scriptural, are there abuses that happen to animals that should be stopped? Yes, but it doesn't follow that it's sinful to use animals for food, clothing, or research. Animals are a gift from God for humans to use and part of the creation he gave us to subdue, all to His glory and praise.

Upvote 0

Bubblies

Prime Minister
Feb 6, 2011
South Australia
Visit site
✟7,861.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love animals, and I like SOME of Peta's campaigns, but I prefer the RSPCA (followed by the WPSA and AWL).

I do like Peta exposing what goes on behind closed doors, but I don't like that they tend to manipulate what's happening to their gain. For example, they had videos of cows being slaughtered/tortured, and said that the animals were completely awake while some of the things were happening to them. Their "evidence" was that the cows were kicking or something like that. Failing to mention the fact that nerves quite often cause them to move after death. That's a lame example, but it's the first one off the top of my head.

Plus, I'm more for animal welfare than animal rights.
I would encourage you to support the RSPCA more than Peta too. The RSPCA are local for starters, and they are quite respected. They're more likely going to get things done, with support. Also, they don't go to extremes, which when trying to get policies and laws passed, is a good thing. Nobody takes Peta seriously because they're too extreme. I'm not saying that they're bad, I just don't think they go about things the right way.

Anyway, so I'm really big on animal welfare and exploitation, but I do like to look into organisations before I support them. So I'm for: Greenpeace, RSPCA, WSPA, AWL, WWF.
NOT for: Peta, Sea Shepherd.

Upvote 0

Amber Bird

We have enough gun control.We need idiot control!
Jul 8, 2012
✟1,243.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I find a great lesson in reading the replies to this topic. There is so much hostility toward bearing compassion for animals. Claiming it is not Biblical, or that animals are not conscious, etc...

I think the greatest charity is afforded from the heart that heeds the call to the need it hears calling their name.

Maybe those who feel compassion and give charity to animals are the answer to that suffering creatures prayer.

God knows he created the animals, so how would compassion and charity toward them in their time of need ever be contrary to his will?

Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

For the specific subject of this post, PeTA, in my humble opinion and through personal experience, are not at all ethical with regard to the focus of their organization. They are radical, hypocritical and dangerous.

I agree with others here who advocate charity and support to local animal shelters. Especially "no kill" facilities. At least that way someone can see where their monies are going to do the most good.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find a great lesson in reading the replies to this topic. There is so much hostility toward bearing compassion for animals. Claiming it is not Biblical, or that animals are not conscious, etc...

I think the greatest charity is afforded from the heart that heeds the call to the need it hears calling their name.

Maybe those who feel compassion and give charity to animals are the answer to that suffering creatures prayer.

God knows he created the animals, so how would compassion and charity toward them in their time of need ever be contrary to his will?

Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

For the specific subject of this post, PeTA, in my humble opinion and through personal experience, are not at all ethical with regard to the focus of their organization. They are radical, hypocritical and dangerous.

I agree with others here who advocate charity and support to local animal shelters. Especially "no kill" facilities. At least that way someone can see where their monies are going to do the most good.
Ok peta isn't an ideal organisation. But you can be sure many of the whingers in my thread happily use caged chicken eggs and eat KFC because its cheap.
They form part of the problem not the solution.

Unfortunately it takes radical groups of caring people desiring change to make people who dont care or know realise what they are inadvertently doing wrong.

Someone has to stop those cruel battery farms.

No attempt at alleviating any suffering for any living thing should be considered wasteful or unimportant.

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love peta And the way they stand up for animals. They give KFC a hard time and free tortured animals.

I really like people like that. I guess I am a supporter.

Do you like PETA?

I use to like PETA.

But that ended when they went after Mario :mad:

PETA takes on Nintendo's Mario and his Tanooki suit - latimes.com

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fc7100cc970d-800wi

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
C'mon guys you know deep down you want to be Christian vegan animal liberation activists. At least give it a go before you decide its not good. You can then enjoy all those good PETA ads lol. I know deep down you guys really are.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
C'mon guys you know deep down you want to be Christian vegan animal liberation activists. At least give it a go before you decide its not good. You can then enjoy all those good PETA ads lol. I know deep down you guys really are.

1 Timothy 4:1-5

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 4:1-5

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have beenee seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
Ahh I see, I am to receive the PETA ads with thanksgiving. Good call.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If by P.E.T.A you mean "People Eating Tasty Animals" then yes, I love them! :D

But in all seriosuness, I love what PETA stands for, but I just love meat too much. Its cool that you guys want to be good stewards of animals, I think we would just disagree on how that is to be done.

But hey! This is your conviction and calling, so who am I to pass judgement? Continue with your lifestyle!

If you guys ever find a substitute that tastes and has the texture of red meat, I might start eating less meat(and it can't be tofu... yuck)

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If by P.E.T.A you mean "People Eating Tasty Animals" then yes, I love them! :D

But in all seriosuness, I love what PETA stands for, but I just love meat too much. Its cool that you guys want to be good stewards of animals, I think we would just disagree on how that is to be done.

But hey! This is your conviction and calling, so who am I to pass judgement? Continue with your lifestyle!

If you guys ever find a substitute that tastes and has the texture of red meat, I might start eating less meat(and it can't be tofu... yuck)
Try some Quorn vegetarian products from the supermarket. It's so close to chicken it's amazing.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Try some Quorn vegetarian products from the supermarket. It's so close to chicken it's amazing.

Chicken is horrible. That's why I said red meat. But I will check it out! See if I can use it in stir fry or something.

Upvote 0

PACKY

Contributor
Dec 24, 2004
✟24,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that we have lost our compassion...
We suffer at the hands of ourselves, our actions cause hurt, our coldness inside numbs the fact that what we do is not as it should be or as our father in heaven taught us. If you truly beleive in the christ then we should remember that it was him who loved those that others refused to, he broke bread with lepers when others shunned them... he preached that it is love in which god made us and which he taught us is the second greatest commandment... I understand that the Scripture tells us that man has "dominion" over all that swim the seas, walk the ground and soar in the skies.. dominon does not mean to kill and consume.. it means to be the care takers of.
God made us to love us, he made us to love one another and all living things.
Let us not forget that although we can quickly kill and end life we cannot simply make life as our father in heaven can with just a thought.

PETA's message is good...the delivery eh' not so much at times.

Just remember this, chose to love over causing hurt..there is enough hurt to go around already.

Upvote 0