Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am a vegetarian based on ethical foundation. I am completely for the humane treatment of animals and I, being influenced by the Sermon on the Mount (blessed are the merciful) and the Theravada, uphold a principle of non aggression to any creature, even the blood sucking mosquitos. I find peace in coexisting with animals and letting all creatures, even the smallest ones, live happily in their respective lives.

It is for those reasons that I am utterly against the so-called PETA. Reasons for this are three fold...

1. PETA are by far the largest non-commercial killers of animals. PETA euthanizes 95% of the animals in their shelters! Despite all the wealth PETA acquire from celebrities, the employees still find it more ''efficient'' to kill the animals they ''save''.

No animal lover or vegetarian could ever support these horrible hypocrites! The employees in PETA, who fortunately discover this dark truth, will find that they have been deluded and indoctrinated. PETA is just another money making scam at the expense of thousands of animals dead in the name of ''ethical treatment'' It's like an orphanage taking in a large amount of kids, and then gassing them all!

At least the horrid meat corporations, while treating the animals in such tear jerking ways, kill to bring meat to the consumers. PETA kills for no reason.

2. The ''animal rights'' PETA promotes are an example of neologism. Some of us care about animals and show sympathy by refusing to eat them because we are human. Unless one is a psychopath, it is in human nature to feel remorse at the sight of suffering. I watched a documentary by Paul McCartney, explaining how cruel the meat industry is...I became vegetarian as a result, it was just so horrible to watch the animals suffer like that...

We are not like animals, we have the emotions and virtue to take pity on others. Animals have no such thing...the lion will not take pity on the gazelle that comes near it, the first shark to hatch will devour all its unhatched siblings...

Humans > animals. All this talk about ''animal rights'' is derived from the fact that we are so much more civilised than them. Why should we make creatures, that are explicitly inferior to us, equal?

3. PETA dared to insult Pokemon. One does not simply link Pokemon and animal cruelty!
How far are they willing to go....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
PETA kills more than it saves; it worships animals as idols. Doesn't sound Godly, does it. Look up the 2007 case from the NRA investigation.

Well I'm not one to support or trust the NRA, but PETA is basically an atheistic organisation. It perverts the message of Christianity to support animal rights. It even claims that Jesus was a vegan, completely ignoring that He feasted on fish (I'm vegetarian but I have no problem with that, my diet doesn't impact my relationship with Him).

Look at their propaganda here: Why Should Christians be Vegetarians? - Splash page

I understand that Jesus would not stand up for the current meat industry that slaughters animals in such brutal ways...but He said that eating meat was fine.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I love peta And the way they stand up for animals. They give KFC a hard time and free tortured animals.
Or to put it another way, they break into other people's property, engage in vandalism, throw paint on strangers' clothing, etc. Really admirable that. :doh: No Christian could in good conscience belong IMO.

Upvote 0

ICOCguy

Disciple of Christ
Sep 29, 2013
Melbourne
✟15,308.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Liberals
Or to put it another way, they break into other people's property, engage in vandalism, throw paint on strangers' clothing, etc. Really admirable that. :doh: No Christian could in good conscience belong IMO.

I,agree with you.

My niece is,an atheist vegan and you should see the hate that comes out of her mouth against anyone who does not agree with her.

I am amused at her hypocrisy and others like her who value the life of a baby animal and disregadd the life inside a womens womb.

I agree that clubbing baby seals is horrific but she cant see passed her own blind hate of lofe being ripped from the womb.

Upvote 0

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I,agree with you.

My niece is,an atheist vegan and you should see the hate that comes out of her mouth against anyone who does not agree with her.

I am amused at her hypocrisy and others like her who value the life of a baby animal and disregadd the life inside a womens womb.

I agree that clubbing baby seals is horrific but she cant see passed her own blind hate of lofe being ripped from the womb.
I think these people like the PETA ones are freaked by their emotions encountering cruelty. Most are really caring but overloaded with it for whatever their focus is. It must be so annoying. I am abut like that myself but I know animals do not have emotions like us. Kindness is not always keeping something alive or allowing it to breed to the detriment of another species that can't fend for itself.

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think these people like the PETA ones are freaked by their emotions encountering cruelty. Most are really caring but overloaded with it for whatever their focus is. It must be so annoying. I am abut like that myself but I know animals do not have emotions like us. Kindness is not always keeping something alive or allowing it to breed to the detriment of another species that can't fend for itself.

I agree with you except just because animals do not have emotions just like us they do suffer . Animals suffer fear and pain . I am for the humane treatment of animals while living and humane euthanasia or slaughter .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums