I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for all your answers everyone -- sorry this was such a debatable question...
As far as faith goes I'll make my testimony a long story short...

I was a drug addict/drunk, I didn't believe in anything or anyone inside/outside of the Bible/Christianity or any other religion the world has to offer... Then 8 years ago I went to a church because I met a woman outside of this church (Christian Fellowship Center) who attended it and I liked her...
I went up to an alter call and next thing I knew I was on the ground, flat on my back and I went down so fast the "catchers" didn't have time to catch me... When I came up I was a new man...

I received many words from this pastor at alter calls that could only come from God because I had questions and never told a single person these question, nor did I let them come out of my lips, yet this pastor kept telling me things only my mind and heart was asking. I seen so many healings and miracles, tongues, interpretations, prophesies come true that it is the normal for me... The Spirit of the Lord is more alive today then it has ever been.

I once was a drug addicted/drunk and now I'm a sober loving man who has one mission in life and that is to bring sinners to Christ, to let them know because of the blood of the lamb I've been set free and God is not respective of persons, what he did for me he will most certainly do for you.
The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob is still the same God today and forever more...Amen... The King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't. Of course, only God knows. I was speaking to what we can read. As to modern day healers, none that I have seen can even approach the kind of healing written about in the scriptures. That isn't the fault of those who come for healing.
If you don't know, how do you know.
Miracles happen everyday, and most without a faith healer _ let alone one who is unconditional.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you don't know, how do you know.
Miracles happen everyday, and most without a faith healer _ let alone one who is unconditional.

I don't know that miracles happen every day. I know that God can do miracles but I don't have any first hand knowledge that this is happening. In fact I think that the things people call miracles are often not miracles at all and tend to minimize what an actual miracle is.

A miracle of healing in Jesus' day was irrefutable. Bones mended instantly, muscle atrophy restored instantly, people who had never walked in their life and thus had no knowledge of walking suddenly lept up, praising God. People falling over because some pastor touched them on the head isn't a miracle.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I did not seek miracles. I did not even know I needed to seek Jesus! SURPRISE! SALVATION COMES ! even though I was not seeking Jesus ! oh, it took months of hunger growing in me, as I saw Jesus in others - the JOYOUS LIFE DAILY, with sorrows and grief and suffering and tribulation/persecution too....
The JOY and the PEACE were SURPRISING ! after almost two decades NOT seeing this.

So the hunger for Jesus Life in Reality grew within me. Gradually, and willingly.

Later, seeking Jesus, the miracles were non-surprising. As in reading the Scripture showed they were everywhere Jesus went (with FEW dones by Jesus in the TOWNS where there was MUCH UNBELIEF)...
so also everywhere Jesus Goes Today where He and His are welcome, there are miracles... practically any day at all....

Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know that miracles happen every day. I know that God can do miracles but I don't have any first hand knowledge that this is happening. In fact I think that the things people call miracles are often not miracles at all and tend to minimize what an actual miracle is.

A miracle of healing in Jesus' day was irrefutable. Bones mended instantly, muscle atrophy restored instantly, people who had never walked in their life and thus had no knowledge of walking suddenly lept up, praising God. People falling over because some pastor touched them on the head isn't a miracle.
I understand now where you are coming from.
Try to be unconditional to see differently.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The gift of healing is something that makes healings more frequent when the person has the gift, obviously... right?

Happy to hear that in your church all that you told is happening, i wish i could go to a church like that.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The gift of healing is something that makes healings more frequent when the person has the gift, obviously... right?

Happy to hear that in your church all that you told is happening, i wish i could go to a church like that.
Seek Jesus, always. Seek God's Kingdom, every day.
(not the 'benefits' / 'gifts' )

And God always works everything out for good to those who love Him, who are called according to His Purpose.

Reactions: Tyme
Upvote 0

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

I will pray with you brother! every night starting tonight until Sunday I will pray and you do the same -- the Lord will provide a spirit filled church for you...

• Friendly
Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you walk by someone and your shadow heals them, even the blind and deaf, the lame who have never walked, and they don't immediately relapse as soon as the ecstasy of the moment passes, then you have the biblical gift of healings. If you anoint with oil and follow the rest of the steps with the sick ... which begs the question, where are all of the people with the gift of healing in that church, or, if you are like Paul who was grateful that God would spare someone like in both faith and ministry as Paul himself because you too have issues healing any more, ...

Php 2:25 But I thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger and minister to my need; 26 because he was longing for you all and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. 27 For indeed he was sick to the point of death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow.

Perhaps Paul, and all the other people with the gift of healing all lost their faith ... or perhaps everyone else lost all the faith necessary to be healed ... not quite sure ... Of course ...

Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

The question is, are we getting whatever we need to believe whatever we want to believe, or do we really love truth? Because the vast "Many", the same many that are on that broad path to destruction earlier in that Matthew passage all got whatever they needed to believe they were on the right path.

2Th 2:10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. 13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Do you have what you need to believe what you want to believe? Everyone in every belief group, Christian or not gets everything they need to hold fast to "whatever they want to believe" "as" truth. The question is, does the fullness of the truth, with everything that pertains is rightly divided, are your beliefs truth, and are you willing to give them up if the truth lies elsewhere?

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So Why would God give the "Spiritual Gift of Healing"? If Anyone can lay hands on someone and pray for a healing (and I agree completely), what importance would someone receiving the gift of healing be?
I hope God does give the gift when we are ready for it.
I hope we will be ready for it soon.
Maybe praying for people's healing (laying hands) between now and then is a good thing.

Personally, I've never seen anyone "healed", as in, had a broken arm and it miraculously healed on the spot.
Personally - I think there is a lot of hype and pretending going on.
I'm not convinced anyone currently has "the gift of healing". Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what the difference is between someone having the spiritual gift of healing as oppose to someone just laying hands on, .

Here is the gift of healing......>"Lazarus come forth".

Here is another....>"
Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.""

Here it is in reverse.....>"And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.""""

The "gift of healing" is not praying for the sick. Its instead the literal power of God to heal, as a "spiritual gift" a person has been given.

You generally find this with the "Apostles", as this was a "sign of an Apostle"..... 2nd Corinthians 12:12

• Winner
Reactions: EmethAlethia
Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the gift of healing......>"Lazarus come forth".

Here is another....>"
Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.""

Here it is in reverse.....>"And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.""""

The "gift of healing" is not praying for the sick. Its instead the literal power of God to heal, as a "spiritual gift" a person has been given.

You generally find this with the "Apostles", as this was a "sign of an Apostle"..... 2nd Corinthians 12:12

This is absolutely awesome my friend. You hit the scriptural definition of the difference right on the head. Wham! Done. Now understand that Paul Himself could not heal a fellow worker who had the same spirit, devotion ... he had towards the end of his ministry ... fortunately God had mercy and allowed the man to survive ...

Php 2:25 But I thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger and minister to my need; 26 because he was longing for you all and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. 27 For indeed he was sick to the point of death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow. 28 Therefore I have sent him all the more eagerly so that when you see him again you may rejoice and I may be less concerned about you.

Perhaps Paul lacked faith. Perhaps the man he calls a fellow worker and soldier lacked faith ... perhaps the spiritual gifts, were passing away, ceasing, ... Pick one.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,660.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all -- Praise Jesus, amen.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section of these forums...

I'll get straight to the question...
Can someone help me to understand what the difference is between someone having the spiritual gift of healing as oppose to someone just laying hands on, and praying for healing upon another in the name of Jesus?
I hope that makes sense...

My understanding is that everyone can lay on hands and God can heal, but that is as we know not always happening, would even say rarely happening. If you have the gift of healing you will be led by God to lay your hands on people and they will always be healed in these cases.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Can someone help me to understand what the difference is between someone having the spiritual gift of healing as oppose to someone just laying hands on, and praying for healing upon another in the name of Jesus?
Consider the gift of teaching.

Believe me when I say, that some are gifted to teach the revelation of the scripture. There are people that are not gifted to teach and they can, at times, be painful to listen to. There is a marked difference between a gifted teacher and someone who does not have the gift.

The gift of healing is similar, some have the gift and can even call you up for prayer. They know you are physically sick without you even informing them. It has happened to me twice. Both times I was recovering from sporting injuries, both times I displayed no discomfort. There was no way that the person with the healing ministry knew I was injured. Yet, they called out the specific injury and did not know who it was in the audience.

Both times I did not go forward thinking that it must be someone else. Both times the service ended and I told the person with the healing gift. That it was me but I thought it was someone else. Both times they were agitated that I did not go forward and dragged me to see the minister.

It is true. A person with the healing gift has a specific ministry in the church. I have no doubt, what so ever, about that gift.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,660.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you walk by someone and your shadow heals them, even the blind and deaf, the lame who have never walked, and they don't immediately relapse as soon as the ecstasy of the moment passes, then you have the biblical gift of healings. If you anoint with oil and follow the rest of the steps with the sick ... which begs the question, where are all of the people with the gift of healing in that church, or, if you are like Paul who was grateful that God would spare someone like in both faith and ministry as Paul himself because you too have issues healing any more, ...

Php 2:25 But I thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger and minister to my need; 26 because he was longing for you all and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. 27 For indeed he was sick to the point of death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow.

Perhaps Paul, and all the other people with the gift of healing all lost their faith ... or perhaps everyone else lost all the faith necessary to be healed ... not quite sure ... Of course ...

Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

The question is, are we getting whatever we need to believe whatever we want to believe, or do we really love truth? Because the vast "Many", the same many that are on that broad path to destruction earlier in that Matthew passage all got whatever they needed to believe they were on the right path.

2Th 2:10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. 13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Do you have what you need to believe what you want to believe? Everyone in every belief group, Christian or not gets everything they need to hold fast to "whatever they want to believe" "as" truth. The question is, does the fullness of the truth, with everything that pertains is rightly divided, are your beliefs truth, and are you willing to give them up if the truth lies elsewhere?

Not even people got healed by Jesus walking by them. He needed to touch them or be touched by them or command healing. The shadow of Peter was it, that healed people? People had that high thoughts of Peter, thinking only if his shadow touched them they would be healed. So I don't take that literally that Peter's shadow healed them.

And all the more believers in the Lord, multitudes of men and women, were constantly added to their number, to such an extent that they even carried the sick out into the streets and laid them on cots and pallets, so that when Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on any one of them.
— Acts 5:14-15

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is absolutely awesome my friend. You hit the scriptural definition of the difference right on the head. Wham! Done. Now understand that Paul Himself could not heal a fellow worker who had the same spirit, devotion ... he had towards the end of his ministry ... fortunately God had mercy and allowed the man to survive ...

Php 2:25 But I thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger and minister to my need; 26 because he was longing for you all and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. 27 For indeed he was sick to the point of death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow. 28 Therefore I have sent him all the more eagerly so that when you see him again you may rejoice and I may be less concerned about you.
Perhaps Paul lacked faith. Perhaps the man he calls a fellow worker and soldier lacked faith ... perhaps the spiritual gifts, were passing away, ceasing, ... Pick one.

I pick that "God spared him" was the healing completed.

I pick that """"Jesus could do no mighty works in His own hometown"" .....and you can believe that Christ had the gift of healing when He was there.

So, we can't redefine the gift of healing, by using exceptions found in scripture to try to prove a rule of doctrine, that does not exist.

God, Himself, is the Gift of Healing, and He did not heal Paul of a infirmity, even tho Paul asked Him 3x.
So, does this prove that God couldn't do it, and lost the gift?

Not quite.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I don't believe there are any alive today who have this authority.
Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk

The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. 13No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. 14Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. 15As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

I myself was blessed to experience three miraculous healings, but two of them involved the Eucharist and one involved Holy Unction (anointing of the sick with consecrated holy oil) by a monk.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I myself was blessed to experience three miraculous healings, but two of them involved the Eucharist and one involved Holy Unction (anointing of the sick with consecrated holy oil) by a monk.
Peter had authority. He spoke the word. The man who was a known cripple from birth walked.

Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!” 5So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.
Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk

Upvote 0