I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hello all -- Praise Jesus, amen.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section of these forums...

I'll get straight to the question...
Can someone help me to understand what the difference is between someone having the spiritual gift of healing as oppose to someone just laying hands on, and praying for healing upon another in the name of Jesus?
I hope that makes sense...

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So Why would God give the "Spiritual Gift of Healing"? If Anyone can lay hands on someone and pray for a healing (and I agree completely), what importance would someone receiving the gift of healing be?

1 Corinthians 12 verse 7-11
Well, I suppose there could be several answers. The most obvious is that it IS a gift. Simply praying for someone else's healing is NOT the gift of being able to heal.

Another could be that which it is generally believed was the purpose behind gifting believers in the early days of the church--in order that there be a witness to the reality of the Gospel, so that unbelievers might be converted to Christ.

Upvote 0

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
"Simply praying for someone else's healing is NOT TH A8s jeaer"? I don't understand what you said...

If you don't know the answer to the question that's fine. Although this is an important question for me, I would appreciate no guesses and meaningful answers...

EDIT
I just seen you edited your post, thank you for an answer I can understand...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Simply praying for someone else's healing is NOT TH A8s jeaer"? I don't understand what you said...

If you don't know the answer to the question that's fine. Although this is an important question for me, I would appreciate no guesses and meaningful answers...
I was editing at the time you read that. See the post again.

Reactions: Tyme
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all -- Praise Jesus, amen.

I'll get straight to the question...
Can someone help me to understand what the difference is between someone having the spiritual gift of healing as oppose to someone just laying hands on, and praying for healing upon another in the name of Jesus?
Today the prayer of faith heals. The gifts expired with the Apostles who distributed them.

Upvote 0

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Today the prayer of faith heals. The gifts expired with the Apostles who distributed them.

So you are saying tongues and interpretation expired along with all the other gifts with the apostles?
Wowsers! Why do we have tongues and interpretation in my church today in 2019, along with prophecy, healings, faith and knowledge etc?
I'm not here to start controversy but seeing how your mind set is about the gifts -- I can see we (yourself and I) as believers is like night and day...
I pray you are not telling believers who don't understand the gospel in depth, this kind of teaching.

Reactions: Summer Reyes
Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...Can someone help me to understand what the difference is between someone having the spiritual gift of healing as oppose to someone just laying hands on, and praying for healing upon another in the name of Jesus?
Truth restores and heals.
Faith allows truth to restore and heal.

If the person who wants to be healed has faith in being healed, allows truth to heal them, regardless whether the truth comes through themselves or through the healer. If the person lacks faith, then they resist any truth and the healing.

Many doctors believe they heal, but this is not true. They may administer chemicals, or even surgery, but it is the body authentic state (truth) which heals. And that authentic state originally came from God's will. So, a person wanting to be healed, has some faith that the body will heal to some degree when given the chance (by their own faith to do so, but not yet realizing this).

So, the healer is only one avenue for truth to flow through. Those that do the will of God most high, has God's will (power to heal) flow through them to the faithful. The healer is simply doing God's will, and they themselves are not the healer, God/Truth is.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying tongues and interpretation expired along with all the other gifts with the apostles?
Wowsers! Why do we have tongues and interpretation in my church today in 2019, along with prophecy, healings, faith and knowledge etc?
I'm not here to start controversy but seeing how your mind set is about the gifts -- I can see we (yourself and I) as believers is like night and day...
I pray you are not telling believers who don't understand the gospel in depth, this kind of teaching.
Why the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is not for Today

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever been around someone who just seems to make you feel much better in their presence, who always seems to know what you need before you even voice that need or even know you need it, who comforts you without even seeming to try, who helps ease your fears and anxiety during an illness, and just gives you that feeling that everything will somehow be okay?

That person may very well have been gifted with healing.

Healing is so much more than just laying on hands and having an illness instantaneously go away.

Upvote 0

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever been around someone who just seems to make you feel much better in their presence, who always seems to know what you need before you even voice that need or even know you need it, who comforts you without even seeming to try, who helps ease your fears and anxiety during an illness, and just gives you that feeling that everything will somehow be okay?

That person may very well have been gifted with healing.

Healing is so much more than just laying on hands and having an illness instantaneously go away.

Thank you , that makes much sense and yes I know exactly what you are talking about!

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Truth restores and heals.
Faith allows truth to restore and heal.

If the person who wants to be healed has faith in being healed, allows truth to heal them, regardless whether the truth comes through themselves or through the healer. If the person lacks faith, then they resist any truth and the healing.

Many doctors believe they heal, but this is not true. They may administer chemicals, or even surgery, but it is the body authentic state (truth) which heals. And that authentic state originally came from God's will. So, a person wanting to be healed, has some faith that the body will heal to some degree when given the chance (by their own faith to do so, but not yet realizing this).

So, the healer is only one avenue for truth to flow through. Those that do the will of God most high, has God's will (power to heal) flow through them to the faithful. The healer is simply doing God's will, and they themselves are not the healer, God/Truth is.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Thank you for the lengthy post, you answered some of my other question I was thinking to myself as well!

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

If I understand the question, this forum seems good. There's also a Spiritual Gifts forum under Spiritual Growth.

I think what you're getting at is the difference between an ad hoc manifestation of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 12.7) (in this case the manifestation is through healing), which can occur to anyone, usually while praying for someone else, versus when the Body recognizes over time that someone has a more permanent office of healing. The word used for the offices in Eph 4 (though healing is not specifically listed there) is domata, from which we get domicile, domestic, etc, indicating a place of residence.

Upvote 0

Tyme

Mar 27, 2013
Stirling
✟8,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
If I understand the question, this forum seems good. There's also a Spiritual Gifts forum under Spiritual Growth.

I think what you're getting at is the difference between an ad hoc manifestation of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 12.7) (in this case the manifestation is through healing), which can occur to anyone, usually while praying for someone else, versus when the Body recognizes over time that someone has a more permanent office of healing. The word used for the offices in Eph 4 (though healing is not specifically listed there) is domata, from which we get domicile, domestic, etc, indicating a place of residence.

Thank you for your answer Paul! Much appreciated!

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cool to hear those things are alive and active in your church!

Quick answer to your original question: there are 3 realms of the supernatural: Faith, anointing and glory. Faith healing can be individual or in agreement with others, the gifts of healings flows from the anointing (God's empowering) of believers, and the glory is where God goes beyond our faith and anointing and does it on His own.

PS ignore Dave, he says the same exact things every single time anything close this topic comes up and, let's just say, it's just not worth wasting your time on it (imo).

Upvote 0