I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Peter had authority. He spoke the word. The man who was a known cripple from birth walked.

Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!” 5So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.
Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk

Yes indeed, that happened, but what does that have to do with my post?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all -- Praise Jesus, amen.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section of these forums...

I'll get straight to the question...
Can someone help me to understand what the difference is between someone having the spiritual gift of healing as oppose to someone just laying hands on, and praying for healing upon another in the name of Jesus?
I hope that makes sense...
If you notice the scripture actually says "gifts" of healing. God heals who he chooses. No one has the "gift of healing".

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for all your answers everyone -- sorry this was such a debatable question...
As far as faith goes I'll make my testimony a long story short...

I was a drug addict/drunk, I didn't believe in anything or anyone inside/outside of the Bible/Christianity or any other religion the world has to offer... Then 8 years ago I went to a church because I met a woman outside of this church (Christian Fellowship Center) who attended it and I liked her...
I went up to an alter call and next thing I knew I was on the ground, flat on my back and I went down so fast the "catchers" didn't have time to catch me... When I came up I was a new man...

I received many words from this pastor at alter calls that could only come from God because I had questions and never told a single person these question, nor did I let them come out of my lips, yet this pastor kept telling me things only my mind and heart was asking. I seen so many healings and miracles, tongues, interpretations, prophesies come true that it is the normal for me... The Spirit of the Lord is more alive today then it has ever been.

I once was a drug addicted/drunk and now I'm a sober loving man who has one mission in life and that is to bring sinners to Christ, to let them know because of the blood of the lamb I've been set free and God is not respective of persons, what he did for me he will most certainly do for you.
The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob is still the same God today and forever more...Amen... The King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen
Great testimony

Upvote 0