I give up: I'd rather go backwards, than forwards (in Evolution)

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,754.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Always wondered what would happen if the human race lost all its knowledge of history and stumbled across technology.

Look, its a fossilized computer and phone. They are very similar, in fact they both use chips, and boards. They must of evolved from a single chip, and have become different species.

Thats strange, each chip has its own set of instructions, yet they have the same coding
language, or very similar. It seems to shows intelligent design; but thats ludacrious, this to come from random changes over millions of years!

Do evolutions ever stop and think from a creator point of view. The bone was created, and serves alot of useful purposes, im going to use this bone structure in many different creations and ways, some with smaller, softer bones, some with larger harder bones ect ect.

No wonder we have so much in common with animals.

Dont we do the same thing with everyrhing? Harder plastics serve a purpose but slightly alter the plastic to make it softer, it can be used for other things?

• Haha
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,950.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Always wondered what would happen if the human race lost all its knowledge of history and stumbled across technology.

Look, its a fossilized computer and phone. They are very similar, in fact they both use chips, and boards. They must of evolved from a single chip, and have become different species.

Thats strange, each chip has its own set of instructions, yet they have the same coding
language, or very similar. It seems to shows intelligent design; but thats ludacrious, this to come from random changes over millions of years!

Do evolutions ever stop and think from a creator point of view. The bone was created, and serves alot of useful purposes, im going to use this bone structure in many different creations and ways, some with smaller, softer bones, some with larger harder bones ect ect.

No wonder we have so much in common with animals.

Dont we do the same thing with everyrhing? Harder plastics serve a purpose but slightly alter the plastic to make it softer, it can be used for other things?

Except that computer chips can be shown to have been created.
You cannot do the same with biology.

Also, I do just the like the sentence "Do evolutions ever stop and think from a creator point of view." That... that tickles me something fierce.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,110.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I suppose its worth asking: now that I have been born without wisdom teeth, I can relax about the selection pressure that kills people who die of infection from ingrown teeth?

What do I do with my time, to be ready for other selection pressures?

How do I help people, who don't have the adaptations I do? Raise their kids?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I suppose its worth asking: now that I have been born without wisdom teeth, I can relax about the selection pressure that kills people who die of infection from ingrown teeth?

Yes you can.

Post more often on CF.

How do I help people, who don't have the adaptations I do?

Post less often on CF.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
No, it isn't.

Why not?

It seems incredulous that you can insist on selection pressure, but not the fading of it?

A positive stress, for a known obstacle, would be constructive - if you knew or were able to know what that was??

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Well, why don't you first given an example of how you would refine not dying from a wisdom tooth infection, and then I will explain why you are incorrect.

It seems incredulous that you can insist on selection pressure, but not the fading of it?

Incredulity is in the mind of the incredulator. I can't help you with that, as I see nothing incredulous. Also, I didn't insist on anything. Well, except calling it Alphonse. That I do insist on.

A positive stress, for a known obstacle, would be constructive - if you knew or were able to know what that was??

Yes it would, if you did.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,950.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Another Friday, another reply that shows that Gottservant has still learnt nothing about evolution and has no desire to learn about it.

You cannot actively, as an individual, do anything to change yourself to 'be ready for other selection pressures' outside of submitting yourself to severe genetic alternation and playing a massive game of genetic roulette. And even then that probably wouldn't do it.

There are no active participents in evolution. All are passive.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Well, why don't you first given an example of how you would refine not dying from a wisdom tooth infection, and then I will explain why you are incorrect.

[...]

I would refine it by innovating the absence of wisdom teeth, as like the absence of any teeth that may be overgrown.

From there I could refine what it was to say certain things, with those teeth - like "the Yeti is a real person" is something I would not say.

From there I could refine what it was believing certain words were important - like "real" is an important word, because it helps you define whether to anticipate something or not "a Yeti will never become real".

See how simple that was?

Now you tell me, why are there mutations, for which there is only one adaptation, in your book? When I can refine responding to selection pressure, so easily and lightly?

Not trying to budge you into a corner, just saying there is a correlation missing between you wanting to survive the more believably and knowing what it is you do when you survive (unless there is something you have attributed to Evolution, which you haven't made known to me?)

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
[...]
There are no active participents in evolution. All are passive.

I love that you feel platitudes are the answer to my curiosity.

I have no wisdom teeth; what we are discussing is whether that entitles me to one adaptation only, or many.

Your position is still important, it just has not contextualized the positive stress that I have introduced - for the sake of making Evolution a more viable theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,950.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I love that you feel platitudes are the answer to my curiosity.

I have no wisdom teeth; what we are discussing is whether that entitles me to one adaptation only, or many.

Your position is still important, it just has not contextualized the positive stress that I have introduced - for the sake of making Evolution a more viable theory.

No, you just don't understand a single thing about biological evolution, because if you did, you wouldn't be asking these sorts of questions. It's not a platitude when I point out the fact that you clearly have not learned a thing.

You are not entitled to adaptations. You cannot prepare yourself for adaptations. You cannot ready individuals for populations. You are not and cannot be an active participant in evolution, ever. No individual or population can.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
No, you just don't understand a single thing about biological evolution, because if you did, you wouldn't be asking these sorts of questions.

Do you have wisdom teeth? Or did you used to?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

Being born without wisdom teeth is probably a slight advantage. If it's a genetic trait it is more likely to be passed on because statistically people with that trait are more likely to successfully have children.

You can't be ready for more selection pressures because you already have your genetic traits, it isn't a choice.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Being born without wisdom teeth is probably a slight advantage. If it's a genetic trait it is more likely to be passed on because statistically people with that trait are more likely to successfully have children.

You can't be ready for more selection pressures because you already have your genetic traits, it isn't a choice.

I didn't say "I already have genetic traits", I said "I already have relevant mutations, without adding to them".

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would refine it by innovating the absence of wisdom teeth, as like the absence of any teeth that may be overgrown.

Alrighty, and how would you do that then.

See how simple that was?

No, I didn't, but perhaps I will when you flesh out that first step. How do you innovate the absence of wisdom teeth? Do be specific, I want an SOP style step by step instruction set.

Now you tell me, why are there mutations, for which there is only one adaptation, in your book? When I can refine responding to selection pressure, so easily and lightly?

Not trying to budge you into a corner, just saying there is a correlation missing between you wanting to survive the more believably and knowing what it is you do when you survive (unless there is something you have attributed to Evolution, which you haven't made known to me?)

Sorry, none of that made any sense, so can't help.

Upvote 0