USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think this kind of talking, while I'm sure is fun, is appropriate to a thread the OP has expressed being afraid in...
Do you believe the 91st Psalm? What's wrong with facing reality and offering the Psalm as an antidote for fear? I did this in the beginning.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe that war is a judgement by God.

Man causes wars, not God.

God helps the faithful through it, but even they get killed in wars.

Our salvation isn't of this world, but of the next. Our faith keeps us true to God's commandments, even when it's difficult.
Chew on this for awhile:

““Say to them: ‘This is what the Lord GOD says: As surely as I live, those who are among the city ruins in Israel will be killed in war. I will cause those who live in the country to be eaten by wild animals. People hiding in the strongholds and caves will die of disease.” Ezekiel 33:27 (NCV)

“‘A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee: and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them. Thus shall my anger be accomplished, and I will cause my fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall know that I the LORD have spoken it in my zeal, when I have accomplished my fury in them. Moreover I will make thee waste, and a reproach among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by. So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgements in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes: I the LORD have spoken it. When I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread. So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee, and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee, and I will bring the sword upon thee: I the LORD have spoken it.’” Ezekiel 5:12–17 (NCPB)

““I held back the rain from you three months before harvest time. Then I let it rain on one city but not on another. Rain fell on one field, but another field got none and dried up. People weak from thirst went from town to town for water, but they could not get enough to drink. Still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “I made your crops die from disease and mildew. When your gardens and your vineyards got larger, locusts ate your fig and olive trees. But still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “I sent disasters against you, as I did to Egypt. I killed your young men with swords, and your horses were taken from you. I made you smell the stink from all the dead bodies, but still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “I destroyed some of you as I destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. You were like a burning stick pulled from a fire, but still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “So this is what I will do to you, Israel; because I will do this to you, get ready to meet your God, Israel.”” Amos 4:7–12 (NCV)

“I looked, and there before me was a pale horse. Its rider was named death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill people by war, by starvation, by disease, and by the wild animals of the earth.” Revelation 6:8 (NCV)

“I will send a time of hunger and wild animals against you, and they will kill your children. Disease and death will sweep through your people, and I will bring the sword against you to kill you. I, the LORD, have spoken.”” Ezekiel 5:17 (NCV)

““This is what the Lord GOD says: My plans for Jerusalem are much worse! I will send my four terrible punishments against it—war, hunger, wild animals, and disease—to destroy its people and animals.” Ezekiel 14:21 (NCV)

War, famine Pestilence/plague, wild beasts

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they didn't.

The Vietcong were fighting for their own homeland against a foreign invader, first the French, then the US. Same was actually true of the American Revolution. It was people fighting for their homeland.

However, an armed uprising of civilians in this country, would be trying to defeat the US Military, with members who are also of this country. That being said, the technology the US Military has today can not be matched by a rebel militia.

Don't try to compare it to the Vietnam War, they were two different events in two different times. We didn't even have the internet during the Vietnam War. Today, drones, robots and other technologies would find the hideouts of rebels very quickly and destroy them easily.
Standing armies are huge targets. Guerillas take them out every time.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are seeing what you want to see in my words. I have told you otherwise and you keep saying you know better in what I meant to say. Good luck with that.
Don't blame me if you cannot eat some crow.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. That's what your talking about. I am talking about Jesus Christ and trusting in Him. I merely made a brief point of what I think most likely will happen. It does not mean I am correct. It does not mean I trust in the military to keep me safe, but my trust is entirely in GOD. So you can stop it already with the false accusations.
You began praising modern warfare (the arm of the flesh).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You began praising modern warfare (the arm of the flesh).

No. I am telling you what I feel is the most likely outcome based on how things normally work. That is my opinion and it does not mean I am always 100% correct and or that I know the future (outside of God's Word), or that I put my trust in the flesh of men over God. You can keep repeating in making false accusations against me in what I say, but I did not declare what you are saying. But Jesus said we would be accused falsely, so there is that.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I am telling you what I feel is the most likely outcome based on how things normally work. That is my opinion and it does not mean I am always 100% correct and or that I know the future (outside of God's Word), or that I put my trust in the flesh of men over God. You can keep repeating in making false accusations against me in what I say, but I did not declare what you are saying. But Jesus said we would be accused falsely, so there is that.
It originally lacks God in the mix.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't blame me if you cannot eat some crow.

You have not proven me wrong in what I said. Again, I am merely offering my opinion that the military, police, SWAT, and other US defense organizations has a better chance at winning against a few domestic terrorists. We can see that they were not that organized at the Capitol to carry out anything majorly catastrophic. This does not mean I place my trust in the arm of the flesh over God. That is what you keep falsely asserting that I reject. If God is on the side of a few men, they will of course win against any army (no matter the size). But we know God is not on the side of those who rebel against the government because of Romans 13:1-7. While I am not negating a possible Civil War in the US at some point in the future because I am not a prophet in the sense that I can foretell the future outside of the Bible, what I can tell you is how things normally work. Usually great numbers and organization, and training, and tech, and weapons, and resources goes way farther than a few men who have limited resources and who act like drunken hillbillies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Vie
You have not proven me wrong in what I said. Again, I am merely offering my opinion that the military, police, SWAT, and other US defense organizations has a better chance at winning against a few domestic terrorists. We can see that they were not that organized at the Capitol to carry out anything majorly catastrophic. This does not mean I am place my trust in the arm of the flesh over God. That is what you keep falsely asserting that I reject. If God is on the side of a few men, they will of course win against any army (no matter the size). But we know God is not on the side of those who rebel against the government because of Romans 13:1-7. While I am not negating a possible Civil War in the US at some point in the future because I am not a prophet in the sense that I can foretell the future outside of the Bible, what I can tell you is how things normally work. Usually great numbers and organization, and training, and tech, and weapons, and resources goes way farther than a few men who have limited resources and who act like drunken hillbillies.
Vietcong and Afghans proved you wrong. The American Revolution proved you wrong. Let's drop it.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It originally lacks God in the mix.

Just because I offer my opinion on what is the most likely scenario to happen does not mean I don't believe God is excluded from such an event. A Civil War destroying a nation would mean that the sins of that nation are so bad that they have reached a tipping point with God whereby He would say that such a nation can no longer stand (because of its own wickedness). But are there any righteous men here in America? Are there any who fear God? That was the consideration between God and Abraham over Sodom and Gomorrah.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because I offer my opinion on what is the most likely scenario to happen does not mean I don't believe God is excluded from such an event. A Civil War destroying a nation would mean that the sins of that nation are so bad that they have reached a tipping point with God whereby He would say that such a nation can no longer stand (because of its own wickedness). But are there any righteous men here in America? Are there any who fear God? That was the consideration between God and Abraham over Sodom and Gomorrah.
Sayonara...........

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Vietcong and Afghans proved you wrong. The American Revolution proved you wrong. Let's drop it.

I am not a war history expert. But it appears that you are. The problem is that you are not in defense of our own country. Romans 13:1-7 says that we are to be subject to the higher powers. Verse 2 says, “Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God”

Your not sitting down like a king would do and try to consults whether he is able to come up against another king who has a larger group.

“Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?” (Luke 14:31).​

The point here is that you are stoking fear and talking about how we can be defeated like in these other wars. Your not on the side of the US and it's military. You are acting like a prophet and saying there will be a Civil War in this country and it appears like it is all doom and gloom. While that certainly is possible, we don't know for sure until it actually happens. You are not a prophet. You are also not in support of getting behind our country over fighting against a bunch of domestic terrorists who act like drunken hillbillies.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Chew on this for awhile:

““Say to them: ‘This is what the Lord GOD says: As surely as I live, those who are among the city ruins in Israel will be killed in war. I will cause those who live in the country to be eaten by wild animals. People hiding in the strongholds and caves will die of disease.” Ezekiel 33:27 (NCV)

“‘A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee: and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them. Thus shall my anger be accomplished, and I will cause my fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall know that I the LORD have spoken it in my zeal, when I have accomplished my fury in them. Moreover I will make thee waste, and a reproach among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by. So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgements in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes: I the LORD have spoken it. When I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread. So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee, and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee, and I will bring the sword upon thee: I the LORD have spoken it.’” Ezekiel 5:12–17 (NCPB)

““I held back the rain from you three months before harvest time. Then I let it rain on one city but not on another. Rain fell on one field, but another field got none and dried up. People weak from thirst went from town to town for water, but they could not get enough to drink. Still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “I made your crops die from disease and mildew. When your gardens and your vineyards got larger, locusts ate your fig and olive trees. But still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “I sent disasters against you, as I did to Egypt. I killed your young men with swords, and your horses were taken from you. I made you smell the stink from all the dead bodies, but still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “I destroyed some of you as I destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. You were like a burning stick pulled from a fire, but still you did not come back to me,” says the LORD. “So this is what I will do to you, Israel; because I will do this to you, get ready to meet your God, Israel.”” Amos 4:7–12 (NCV)

“I looked, and there before me was a pale horse. Its rider was named death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill people by war, by starvation, by disease, and by the wild animals of the earth.” Revelation 6:8 (NCV)

“I will send a time of hunger and wild animals against you, and they will kill your children. Disease and death will sweep through your people, and I will bring the sword against you to kill you. I, the LORD, have spoken.”” Ezekiel 5:17 (NCV)

““This is what the Lord GOD says: My plans for Jerusalem are much worse! I will send my four terrible punishments against it—war, hunger, wild animals, and disease—to destroy its people and animals.” Ezekiel 14:21 (NCV)

No doubt that all of God's prophecies do come to pass. But are you interpreting them correctly? Yes, I believe that all nations will one day come up against God (i.e. the Lord Jesus), and our Lord will win. While I do not know for sure, I also believe it is possible that America may not exist during the end times. But the end times events that happen in Revelation 6 have not happened yet. None of the seals have been broken in Revelation 6 yet. No conqueror has went forth yet and has sort forth to conquer and neither has peace been taken from the earth yet. One fourth of the earth has not been taken by death yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Because most people don't love themselves, that is, their true selves.

It's why we humans create a false image of ourselves which we present to others.

The ego drives this and hides the true self which God knows. Until we detach ourselves from our ego driven agendas, which can only be done with the transforming grace God gives us, we will not come to know our true selves. It is through Christ that self-knowledge of our true being that is known accepted and loved. Until then, we will not love others AS ourselves but the false image of ourselves which also creates a false image of our neighbors. In reality, this is not love for love is always based on truth.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Chew on this for awhile:

Understand it in the context of ancient tribal theology which the prophets had at the time.

We the people of the New Testament were given a different vision of God.

As it says in Hebrews:

In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe, who is the refulgence of his glory, the very imprint of his being,
and who sustains all things by his mighty word. Hebrews 1:1-3

God didn't send Jesus to change his mind about men, but to change men's minds about God.

The New Testament is the Good News that Jesus reveals to us.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Understand it in the context of ancient tribal theology which the prophets had at the time.

We the people of the New Testament were given a different vision of God.

As it says in Hebrews:

In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe, who is the refulgence of his glory, the very imprint of his being,
and who sustains all things by his mighty word. Hebrews 1:1-3

God didn't send Jesus to change his mind about men, but to change men's minds about God.

The New Testament is the Good News that Jesus reveals to us.
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” Hebrews 13:8 (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Standing armies are huge targets. Guerillas take them out every time.

Not every time

Depends on the government that is in place and their sensitivity to popular opinion and
the technology at hand,

Without such conscience like the Syrian Government and the Communist Chinese Government, they'll crush the rebel groups without any concern for civilian casualties and public opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.