I am alive to your private world and I want to share it with you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We had someone at Meeting once who talked like that at some length. I currently believe it was the Spirit leading her. As I commented, "it certainly sounds like God, with all that yammering about love and closeness and intimacy". :)

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking the same thing you guys are thinking. It was a very comforting thought for me as I woke up in the morning. It was the culmination of a dream and this phrase was like the overall meaning of that dream.

Upvote 0

freespirit2001

Contributor
Dec 3, 2003
Eastern Shore off the Chesapeake Bay, Md
Visit site
✟12,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Feelings of "Sweet Dreams" for ALL us dearly loved, ever-ready, SOMETIMES TRUELLY LONG SUFFERING "Survivors" in our day to day worldly battles with.....Tomorrow is another day!!!! LOLXOXLOL!!! I know I don't need batteries with my Jesus, however I need prayer often, to quicken and energize me at times....

Affectionately,

Love and Cyber Hugs in Christ!!!

Ever Ready Freespirit

Upvote 0

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
AngelusSax said:
Makes me feel rather exposed, which of course I know I already am to Jesus. Also makes me feel like I have a close, personal friend that I share everything with and who shares everything of theirs with me... like Jesus.

Amen and Amen! This is also how I feel.

Love brother ~Justin~ :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceccia

Nov 10, 2004
✟15,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
thank you for sharing this, Mustaphile. I've recently been trying to get back into meditating, and have been finding it difficult after going through a period of being distant from God.

But I read this yesterday and immediately put down what I was doing and meditated on that thought. And for the first time in a LONG time, I felt God...

..it amazes me, after having thought about it, that He would want to share in my private life. Because my private life is rife not only with sins, but it's a private life of fear, self-loathing, lack of confidence, worry, doubt, an eating disorder, depression...my private life isn't one that I would wish on ANYONE. And yet God wants to share in it? The verse about Jesus taking up our yoke and our burdens being light in His hands came to mind as well.

It's amazing.

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Ceccia said:
thank you for sharing this, Mustaphile. I've recently been trying to get back into meditating, and have been finding it difficult after going through a period of being distant from God.

But I read this yesterday and immediately put down what I was doing and meditated on that thought. And for the first time in a LONG time, I felt God...

I'm glad to hear that, Ceccia. :)

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Buttermilk said:
Where did that come from?

The question I mean :D

Were you dreaming about that as well? :D

Heh..Naah..I wasn't dreaming that one. That was more my wry, laconic sense of humour coming to the fore. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am alive to your private world and I want to share it with you.

What feelings does this statement evoke in you?

Uhmm I need new curtains? :sorry:
tulc(who was afraid there was going to be a group hug and I always try and avoid those as much as possible!) :eek:

Upvote 0