Hurricane Katrina

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nanajojo

Ms.Garnet said:
Good news report ! Thanks everyone for the prayers & concern. God has heard our pleas and spared the new baby from early arrival. My daughter feels better today. We fared pretty good, but several family members have trees down and one has a tree on her house. However, we are all alive & well & I am grateful....STILL PRAYING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES TO KATRINA AND THOSE WHO STILL FACE THE AFTERMATH!
thank you Jesus :amen:

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had to turn off the news. :sigh: It breaks my heart to see these people, some of them are just wondering the streets looking for shelter, food and water. The devastation is like 9-11 all over again. Then there is the evil one taking control of others and causing them to loot and even shoot at police and helicoptors that are trying to help them. MotherofPromise posted somewhere how she wished she could take in a family and offer them her spare room, I feel the same way. I wished I lived closer so I could do just that. All I can do is pray.

Upvote 0

MotherOfPromise

Jan 8, 2005
The South
✟26,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Our city is becoming a city of refuge for the homeless. Churches here are taking people in, and the Red Cross and United Way are working to take care of needs. All the Methodist churches are open for people to stay in. I just contacted the United Way to offer help with a hot meal for the ones at the sports complex, and to volunteer to handle phone calls for the staff. The receptionist said they only had 3 people working at the office and they could use a break from time to time. Just pray for our city as they try to meet the needs of these people.
At the indoor sports complex they have taken in over 125 people. The big problem there is the need for more bathrooms. They do have showers but not nearly enough to take care of the needs of that many people. They have very simple canvas army cots set up and not enough bedding for them. Then some of them have pets that they need temporary homes for. People are expected to be here for at least 2 months. Some of them may never leave. I know you are all praying, but please ask the Lord to specifically meet these needs.
I just found out yesterday that my former boss has gone to Mississippi with his teenage son to check on his parents. They are about 90 minutes north of Gulfport and the area was hit hard by hurricane winds. He had no idea if they were still alive. A church here is sending a work crew down tomorrow to that particular town to help out. I pray that he finds his family okay and that he can bring them home with him. Of course there is no communication.
I received an email from one of our church members this morning. She had received an email from a friend near New Orleans. She said it was total anarchy there in the city. Even some of the cops are looting and refusing to go into certain areas to rescue people. She said it was like the darkness that had hung over the city for a long time was suddenly released and allowed to surface. I cannot imagine such a thing. She said that all over the south people were pulling together to help one another, but not there.

Praying. Prom

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Be Still And Know That He Is God!
Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thanks promise for the update..
Still here and praying and also so saddened at seeing all the pictures from the news.....;o( God has a reason for this season..lets trust Him in it and keep praying...

Upvote 0

MotherOfPromise

Jan 8, 2005
The South
✟26,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks, Keep.
The people of our city have proved themselves many times over to be compasionate and caring people. They will come through with this as well I am sure.
Along with all the other needs,you might also pray that people would step up and help with the pet situation. Some of the people brought their pets with them and they cannot allow them to be kept at the shelters for obvious reasons.
I just wish that help was quicker in getting to the ones who are still in the devestated places. People just cannot live very long without water. Isn't four days the max? We seem to get help to the foreign countries who have disasters sooner. That puzzles me. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.