Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I must have different obsessions, because only a few come to mind for me.
Don't go for an ad hominem attack. That's always a fail. It's becoming a trend at this point. Might as well defend that than the usual position of glossing and denial others take.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not consuming the right media.
Actually I come across it fairly regularly on the news and current events sections in forums. Although I agree that some media reports it, while other media doesn't.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Don't go for an ad hominem attack. That's always a fail. It's becoming a trend at this point. Might as well defend that than the usual position of glossing and denial others take.
I take it this list does not exist.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eking out her first regional tournament win in three years is “dominating”?

And what’s this “long series”?
It's happening more and more that men calling themselves women are beating out actual women in women's sports. It's pretty silly that people choose to play games and pretend they don't get it, or pretend to be in denial or gloss it over. Apparently pretending is becoming the new reality.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's happening more and more that men calling themselves women are beating out actual women in women's sports. It's pretty silly that people choose to play games and pretend they don't get it, or pretend to be in denial or gloss it over. Apparently pretending is becoming the new reality.
Who’s pretending? I’ve already acknowledged that there are cases where this could potentially be a real issue, but I don’t for a second think the right’s real concern is the sanctity of women’s sports, or that they’re trying to maintain some kind of rational perspective on the actual number of players this effects or the actual threats posed.

Perhaps my favorite example was a small Christian school in, I want to say rural Kentucky, withdrawing from the girls basketball league over the danger supposedly posed by another school’s trans player, when a quick look over the school’s website showed that their soccer team was coed.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who’s pretending? I’ve already acknowledged that there are cases where this could potentially be a real issue, but I don’t for a second think the right’s real concern is the sanctity of women’s sports, or that they’re trying to maintain some kind of rational perspective on the actual number of players this effects or the actual threats posed.

Perhaps my favorite example was a small Christian school in, I want to say rural Kentucky, withdrawing from the girls basketball league over the danger supposedly posed by another school’s trans player, when a quick look over the school’s website showed that their soccer team was coed.
Women and girl players are the ones being the most vocal in opposition, but let's pretend it's really a religious right wing conspiracy thing.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can I "google" for a list of things you think are important on this topic?
It sounded like you wanted me to post a list of all the males posing as females competing in female sports to prove they exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Women and girl players are the ones being the most vocal in opposition, but let's pretend it's really a religious right wing conspiracy thing.
Well, the article from the OP comes from a right wing website, and at no point has anyone quoted any women or girl players complaining about this, so if that's the case, it hasn't yet been demonstrated here.

All we can see here is right wing opposition...and most of the people here who have objected have been Christian, so you can see where that conclusion comes from.

If you want to claim women and girl players are "the most vocal in opposition," then demonstrate that. Otherwise, we have no way to know that's the case.

-- A2SG, can only see what we're shown....

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You said "I take it this list does not exist." What did you mean by that?
It only exists in your head, not on the internet. I can't search the net to find the list of "incidents" that you think are important.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It only exists in your head, not on the internet. I can't search the net to find the list of "incidents" that you think are important.
I said there's a growing trend of males posing as females participating in female only sports.

And you seem to have deduced that the threads about such occurrences on CF, including this one, are all a product of my imagination.

Have I been using a bunch of sockpuppets in these threads since the subject and any interest in it only exists in my head?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I said there's a growing trend of males posing as females participating in female only sports.

And you seem to have deduced that the threads about such occurrences on CF, including this one, are all a product of my imagination.

Have I been using a bunch of sockpuppets in these threads since the subject and any interest in it only exists in my head?

You wrote:

This is another in a long series of males claiming to be female becoming dominant in womens/girls sports.

As I said before, I can only think of couple examples that might fit your description. There is this case of a trans athlete who won a minor pro golf tourney. I recall something about a swimmer (college?). Are there others "dominating" sports?

Do you even follow women's sports? I follow a little (volleyball, hockey) plus watching special events (olympics, world cup). I don't remember any trans athletes participating in any events I have watched. (Events I chose because I am interested in them rather whether they do or do not have trans athletes in them.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You wrote:

As I said before, I can only think of couple examples that might fit your description. There is this case of a trans athlete who won a minor pro golf tourney. I recall something about a swimmer (college?). Are there others "dominating" sports?

Do you even follow women's sports? I follow a little (volleyball, hockey) plus watching special events (olympics, world cup). I don't remember any trans athletes participating in any events I have watched. (Events I chose because I am interested in them rather whether they do or do not have trans athletes in them.)
There have been threads like this one where males posing as females are participating in female only sport events and winning competitions have been talked about. It seems to me this comes up fairly frequently nowadays.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There have been threads like this one where males posing as females are participating in female only sport events and winning competitions have been talked about. It seems to me this comes up fairly frequently nowadays.
Last year it was drag queens. This year, trans atheletes. Next year, who knows?

-- A2SG, the right wing outrageosphere is always on the look out for new threats to humanity....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last year it was drag queens. This year, trans atheletes. Next year, who knows?

-- A2SG, the right wing outrageosphere is always on the look out for new threats to humanity....
What about al the virtue signalling in the left wing wokeosphere? They're awfully vocal over something they're supposedly unconcerned about.

Upvote 0