Hunter Biden's laptop to be tossed into Republican investigation machine with hearing this week

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Hunter Biden emails make me think it is ridiculous to claim Hunter got government jobs based on merit, he was to busy with hookers and crack to develop general skills to be a board member and he had not specifically useful experience. This is troubling

What is also troubling is that the government said the emails were Russian disinformation when they are not.

That being said the emails don't seem to actually prove any corrupt acts , And the source of the emails are unknown they could have been obtained by a hacker instead of coming from a laptop. The fact that the laptop came from crazy dishonest Rudy who held onto for months is a factor when judging media outlets for not running the story.
The emails were verified, the laptop has been verified as not having been tampered with, and the FBI had the laptop and the original hard drive long before Rudy got a copy and made it public. And yes it is very disturbing that the FBI no only sat on the laptop information but also promoted the lie that the information on it was Russian disinformation when they knew full well that it was no such thing.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The emails were verified, the laptop has been verified as not having been tampered with, and the FBI had the laptop and the original hard drive long before Rudy got a copy and made it public. And yes it is very disturbing that the FBI no only sat on the laptop information but also promoted the lie that the information on it was Russian disinformation when they knew full well that it was no such thing.
Yeah, but...

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nice whataboutism there, but a supply chain for manufacture is hardly the same as tens of millions for influence.
You're conflating the tens of millions was donated to U Penn, with the $5 mil paid to "the Biden family".

If $5 mil to family members* gets you upset, you should be positively enraged at a sitting President receiving $5.4 million from China.

*I'm assuming that the Donald family being gifted a $1.9 BILLION loan by MbS is no big deal because it's not China.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
*I'm assuming that the Donald family being gifted a $1.9 BILLION loan by MbS is no big deal because it's not China.
That's just another whataboutism, which doesn't justify your first one.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,338.00
Faith
Seeker
It is fairly telling that nobody gives an answer when they asked about what actual crimes the emails actually prove

A couple of points
The laptop has not been verified.
A copy of the hard drive was said to appear legitimate because of the dates but those can easily be faked

The letter by former government officials did have a disclaimer.
"We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement -- just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case"

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Joe Biden denied repeatedly he received any benefit from his son’s business deals. But Republicans questioned his truthfulness.

“I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,” Biden said in 2019.

But Comer labeled the claim “false” because of documentation of meetings from Hunter Biden’s personal calendar and White House visitor records.

Joe Biden earlier denied receiving foreign payments during a 2020 presidential debate.

“I have not taken a penny from any foreign source at any point in my life,” Biden said.

The story described 2015 emails indicating then-Vice President Joe Biden met with a high-ranking official at Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company whose board employed Hunter Biden. The meeting would have come at a time when Biden was pressuring Ukraine to fire its prosecutor general, who was investigating the company.

But Biden’s campaign said, “No meeting, as alleged by the New York Post, ever took place.”

When Trump raised questions about the laptop at a presidential debate, Biden replied that it was Russian disinformation. The laptop’s legitimacy has since been confirmed by CBS News, but the contents remain under investigation.
Any day, now.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some emails have, yes.

When did this happen?

When did this happen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,338.00
Faith
Seeker
Sorry folks, this program does not magically create an exact physical copy of a laptop
1683011122607.png

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're conflating the tens of millions was donated to U Penn, with the $5 mil paid to "the Biden family".

If $5 mil to family members* gets you upset, you should be positively enraged at a sitting President receiving $5.4 million from China.

That's just another whataboutism, which doesn't justify your first one.
A. You ignored my point about you confusing the money donated to the University of Pennsylvania with money paid to Biden family members and associates.
B. You ignored the fact that while $5 paid by China to people who aren't Joe Biden when he wasn't in office is the worst crime in the history of the Republic, but it's apparently o.k. for a sitting president to get paid that much himself by China.
C. I get that y'all wish we'd stop talking about Jared being gifted a $1.9 billion loan by MbS (which is perfectly o.k. with you guy)s because it distracts from the significantly smaller amount of money earned by the Bidens (which apparently is the worst crime in the history of the Republic).
D. I'm not KCfromNC.
Serious question - are ties to China by relatives of a president a sign that president must be investigated? Is that really a complaint we're supposed to take seriously?
If so : Ivanka Trump’s supply chains in China cloaked in secrecy
If not, can we move on to the actual reasons for the support of this "investigation", assuming there are any?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Also, I have no reason to believe the statement by Maryman & Associates is authoritative.
"investigators are still looking into it." is not "investigators are asserting it".

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
A. You ignored my point about you confusing the money donated to the University of Pennsylvania with money paid to Biden family members and associates.
B. You ignored the fact that while $5 paid by China to people who aren't Joe Biden when he wasn't in office is the worst crime in the history of the Republic, but it's apparently o.k. for a sitting president to get paid that much himself by China.
C. I get that y'all wish we'd stop talking about Jared being gifted a $1.9 billion loan by MbS (which is perfectly o.k. with you guy)s because it distracts from the significantly smaller amount of money earned by the Bidens (which apparently is the worst crime in the history of the Republic).
D. I'm not KCfromNC.
I am completely shocked that a country that sends a large number of their citizens here to study at prestigious schools donate money to said universities. The implication that this money went to Joe Biden is about as vapid as the Joe Biden laptop claims.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"investigators are still looking into it." is not "investigators are asserting it".
However since they knew that it was not Russian disinformation they simply should have dismissed it rather than making a statement that infers that it might exist. They played along.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
However since they knew that it was not Russian disinformation they simply should have dismissed it rather than making a statement that infers that it might exist. They played along.
"They" is doing an awful lot of work in this sentence. Donald's political operative making a public statement is hardly the same as "they knew it was not Russian disinformation".

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The emails were verified,
Some emails on the hard drive have been verified as being actual emails rather than something created on a word document or .pdf.
The verifiable emails are a small fraction of 217 gigabytes of data provided to The Post on a portable hard drive by Republican activist Jack Maxey...

The vast majority of the data — and most of the nearly 129,000 emails it contained — could not be verified by either of the two security experts who reviewed the data for The Post.

the laptop has been verified as not having been tampered with,
That literally never happened. The chain of custody makes anything on the hard drive suspect. Again, some files seem not to have been modified since April 2019. That's not the same as verifying hard drive or it's content wasn't tampered with. That said, from the WaPo article above:
Among the reasons for the inconclusive findings was sloppy handling of the data, which damaged some records. The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years.​
and the FBI had the laptop and the original hard drive long before Rudy got a copy and made it public.
Apparently that "long time" was about a month... assuming that John Isaac and Rudy are telling the truth. The real story is more likely that Rudy had the hard drive from his 2019 dirt finding mission in Ukraine.
And yes it is very disturbing that the FBI no only sat on the laptop information but also promoted the lie that the information on it was Russian disinformation when they knew full well that it was no such thing.
That the supposed laptop is Russian disinformation has NOT been shown to be a lie in any way shape or form.​

Upvote 0