• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

human life began in Africa, is this not what the bible tells us?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by ihavefoundgod951, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,415
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then there would be no more war, would there?

2. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,935
    Agnostic
    If I believed that the moon is made of chees, is this evidence that the moon is made of cheese?

3. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,935
    Agnostic
    I have. I find that faith based claims are not worth accepting over evidenced based claims.

Interpretations that you can't show to be wrong.

You will notice that in my example the people are already in the pool and know that there is water. This is like the situation we have here, someone telling us there is no evidence for evolution when we are surrounded in it.

4. AV1611VET

+40,415
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes, I'm familiar with scientists preferring Mark Twain's definition of faith.

It sterilizes Foxe's Book of Martyrs by making them look like they died, knowing what they died for was a lie.

5. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,241
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It IS made of cheese! Do I have to prove that to you! Man! ;)

6. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,241
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I see. So you ignored my example instead of addressing it, and then changed it in order to deflect. I guess you're not really into learning anything here, which doesn't show you to be very open-minded. Hard to take you seriously.

7. Gene2memE

Gene2memE Newbie

+2,732
    Atheist
    Private
    So, to get back to the title question:

Yes, human life began in Africa.
    No, this is not what the bible tells us.

8. RealityCheck01

RealityCheck01 Newbie

+755
    Atheist
    Wrong. There are no posts from AV1611VET containing links to your posts containing evidence, Aldebaran.
    What you cite is AV1611VET quoting a Bible verse in Physical & Life Sciences. We know that people exist with faith in things without any evidence or even with evidence against what they believe, e.g. Young Earth Creationists, Flat Earthers. Geocentralists, etc. You and AV1611VE do not need to emphasize this.

24th February 2015: Can you link to some of this evidence in this thread, Aldebaran?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  9. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,935
    Agnostic
    I changed it to reflect reality.

10. RealityCheck01

RealityCheck01 Newbie

+755
    Atheist
    We can even add "and in the presence of contradictory evidence" (e.g. YEC).

11. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,638
    Atheist
    Private

Hmmm. Interesting perspective which I tend agree with, to some extent. I wonder if any studies have been done on the evolutionary advantages of faith in general. Or, were you talking about a specific faith?

12. RealityCheck01

RealityCheck01 Newbie

+755
    Atheist
    Correct and irrelevant, AV1611VET: Faith
    Let us say we hypothetically accept Aldebaran's ignorant assertion that faith is evidence. That leads to
    1. Christians have faith that God exists.
    2. Hindus have faith that Shiva and other gods exist.
    3. The Greeks had faith that Zeus, etc, existed.
    4. Etc.
    5. Thus every god in every religion exists :p

We could then detail into questions like: If your belief is based on the words in a book then does everything in every book exist? Is your belief based on a bias towards this specific book instilled into you somehow?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  13. RealityCheck01

RealityCheck01 Newbie

+755
    Atheist
    Actually we would go extinct if we only used faith. Think about it. Faith is ignoring evidence. Ignoring the evidence that there is a lion hiding in the grass is kind of fatal :D.
    More modern - ignoring the evidence that a species killing asteroid has in the past and could in the future hit the Earth in favor of a "God will protect us" faith is not good.

The real world has all except 1 current species never using faith and they are not extinct.

14. AV1611VET

+40,415
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    As I said, faith requires an object.

Shiva, Zeus, Etc, and Mother Nature all came after JEHOVAH.

We call that: diabolical mimicry or diabolical plagiarism.

15. RealityCheck01

RealityCheck01 Newbie

+755
    Atheist
    That is what I quoted in from Faith:
    Every god in every religion in every religion is an object regardless of any order that you imagine they were created, AV1611VET.

The real world has JEHOVAH appearing late in the history of religion, AV1611VET. Take burial rites as evidence of religious rites and the first gods appears about 33,000-25,000 BCE. that is 30,000 years before JEHOVAH appeared ~3750 BCE when the Proto-Semitic people appeared.

Of course every god with a creation myth created the world and thus "appeared" at the same time as the other gods with creation myths :p.

16. florida2

florida2 Well-Known Member

+421
    Atheist
    Private
    Ancient Egyptian religion emerged long (ie over 1000 years) before Jehovah/Yahweh was worshipped.

This timeline is quite useful: Timeline of religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and the pages about History of Religion and the specific ancient religions are all useful.

Prehistoric groups had their own religious beliefs as we can see from archaeological finds of careful burial practices etc.

17. AV1611VET

+40,415
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Religion ... along with its history ... can take a hike.

18. AV1611VET

+40,415
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Ya ... ya.

And these "Ancient Egyptians" also predated the Flood, didn't they?

19. RealityCheck01

RealityCheck01 Newbie

+755
    Atheist
    So you are an atheist (and yes I know that this is not the case), AV1611VET :p?
    What I wrote:

20. AV1611VET

+40,415
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Nope.

I'm a Christian by election, and a Baptist by conviction.

(And yes, I know you didn't mean it. ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.