human life began in Africa, is this not what the bible tells us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
And still no response to what I wrote, AV1611VET:
The real world has JEHOVAH appearing late in the history of religion, AV1611VET. Take burial rites as evidence of religious rites and the first gods appears about 33,000-25,000 BCE. that is 30,000 years before JEHOVAH appeared ~3750 BCE when the Proto-Semitic people appeared.
Which leaves the logic in
Let us say we hypothetically accept Aldebaran's ignorant assertion that faith is evidence. That leads to
  1. Christians have faith that God exists.
  2. Hindus have faith that Shiva and other gods exist.
  3. The Greeks had faith that Zeus, etc, existed.
  4. Etc.
  5. Thus every god in every religion exists :p
intact, AV1611VET.

It is really simple:
Faith in gods ignorantly as evidence leads to every god existing.
Actual faith is a persons personal belief in one or more gods existing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I changed it to reflect reality.

I guess you have your own reality. It explains why you can't see beyond yourself. Like I said before, it's a pity that you can't. I pray that someday you'll receive insight.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. There are no posts from AV1611VET containing links to your posts containing evidence, Aldebaran.

I didn't even say there was. All I did was refer you back (just 2 posts) to what AV1611VET said. I didn't post a link to what he said because I didn't think scrolling up the screen to see what he had written just 2 posts ago would be too difficult for you. I see I overestimated you.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
I didn't even say there was.
So you just wasted everyone's time by linking to an irrelevant post, Aldebaran, and misleading everyone about what it contained. It did not contain an answer to the question:
24th February 2015: Can you link to some of this evidence in this thread, Aldebaran?

Maybe I am overestimating your comprehension of English :p? What is so hard about the question? You asserted that you wrote posts containing evidence. It should be easy to link to them. You do know what a link is, Aldebaran? A post? Evidence? What about the word "Can" :D?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you just wasted everyone's time by linking to irrelevant posts, Aldebaran, that do not answer the question:
24th February 2015: Can you link to some of this evidence in this thread, Aldebaran?

Maybe I am overestimating your comprehension of English? What is so hard about the question? You asserted that you wrote posts containing evidence. It should be easy to link to them.

Hebrews 1:11--Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

My faith is my evidence. I know that means nothing to you, but it means quite a bit to me. If you had faith, then it would mean just as much to you. But things being as they are......:wave:

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
..snipped ignorance of the English...:
Which makes my joking question in
So you just wasted everyone's time by linking to an irrelevant post, Aldebaran, and misleading everyone about what it contained. It did not contain an answer to the question:

Maybe I am overestimating your comprehension of English :p? What is so hard about the question? You asserted that you wrote posts containing evidence. It should be easy to link to them. You do know what a link is, Aldebaran? A post? Evidence? What about the word "Can" :D?
rather relevant.

Faith is a belief in the absence of evidence, Aldebaran.
I guess that you think that faith means that all gods exist because all gods have people that has faith in then :doh:

ETA: Dictionaries also exist, Aldebaran: faith

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Which makes my joking question in

rather relevant.

I guess that you think that faith means that all gods exist because all gods have people that has faith in then :doh:

ETA: Dictionaries also exist, Aldebaran: faith

I notice that you like to take my statements and then change them to your liking. You obviously don't ask questions with any sincerity. My statement is based on my own faith. You may not accept it, but that's your own intolerance being shown toward people you don't agree with because they don't share your views. Aren't atheists supposed to be tolerant? That's what your president and his party like to say anyway.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
I notice that ....QUOTE]
I notice that you still do not show any signs of knowing what the word faith means:

ETA: Dictionaries also exist, Aldebaran: faithand

You are still avoiding the question, Aldebaran:
http://www.christianforums.com/t7865165-39/#post67081937

An honest answer could be that you made a mistake. So what you have is a Christian (as opposed to Hindu, etc.) faith which by definition means a belief in the absence of evidence.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Religion ... along with its history ... can take a hike.

So here's a list of things so far that I've noticed that can "take a hike":

- Science
- Reality
- History
- Religion

Anything else you'd like to add to the list of things that can "take a hike"? God? Scripture? Math? Geography?

I'm only being partly snarky, the truth is I have no idea how your brain operates but from best I can tell the moment you are unable to weasel you decide to tell an entire something to "take a hike". I can only expect that the moment you discover the Bible doesn't agree with you one something you'll tell it to go take a hike, the moment you discover Jesus said something you disagree with you'll say Jesus can take a hike. The moment 1 + 1 = 2 becomes a problem for you you'll tell it to take a hike.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
An honest answer could be that you made a mistake. So what you have is a Christian (as opposed to Hindu, etc.) faith which by definition means a belief in the absence of evidence.

Do you have training as a police interrogator? You remind me of videos I've seen where the cop keeps asking the same question over and over again trying to get the person to change the answer to the one the interrogator wants to hear. Not a whole lot of integrity in that method.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is really simple:
Faith in gods ignorantly as evidence leads to every god existing.
Actual faith is a persons personal belief in one or more gods existing.

Here's something simpler, RC:

Remember those Ten Commandments that scientific methodists don't like displayed on public property?

Here's one of the ten:

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

End of story.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

- Science
- Reality
- History
- Religion

Anything else you'd like to add to the list of things that can "take a hike"? God? Scripture? Math? Geography?

I'm only being partly snarky, the truth is I have no idea how your brain operates but from best I can tell the moment you are unable to weasel you decide to tell an entire something to "take a hike". I can only expect that the moment you discover the Bible doesn't agree with you one something you'll tell it to go take a hike, the moment you discover Jesus said something you disagree with you'll say Jesus can take a hike. The moment 1 + 1 = 2 becomes a problem for you you'll tell it to take a hike.

-CryptoLutheran

Here are my Boolean standards:
My Boolean Standards:

1. Whatever the Bible supports: support.
2. Whatever the Bible trumps: trump.
3. If the Bible is silent and science supports it: support it.
4. If the Bible is silent and science trumps it: trump it.

My Prime Directive: Under no circumstances whatsoever is anything ever to contradict the Bible.

There you have it.

Everything else can take a hike.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Here are my Boolean standards:

There you have it.

Everything else can take a hike.

Those are hardly "Boolean standards" If you are going to use such standards then you have gone wrong past the point of GIGO.

Also by your own admission you should not be debating on a science forum. You have abandoned the scientific method and that will lead to errant answers.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those are hardly "Boolean standards" If you are going to use such standards then you have gone wrong past the point of GIGO.

Suit yourself.

I'm not the one wondering where I'm coming from, or how I arrive at the conclusions I do.
Also by your own admission you should not be debating on a science forum.

I'm not.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I guess you have your own reality.

I have reality, period. In reality, we have the transitional fossils and DNA evidence demonstrating that humans evolved from ape-like ancestors, and then spread out from Africa. You are trying to tell us to ignore all of that evidence, to pretend it doesn't exist.

It explains why you can't see beyond yourself.

These fossils are beyond myself, and I see them just fine.

toskulls2.jpg

I'm guessing you will just ignore them. Am I right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian

- Science
- Reality
- History
- Religion

-CryptoLutheran
So you say you don't believe the book of Genesis, that you don't take it literal?

My question, do you pick and choose what you do and don't believe in the Bible?

In order to believe don't you have to believe all of it, can you pick and choose?

Do you believe in Abraham?

You confuse me, you fight the corner of science in this thread and you are also fighting the corner of the unbelievers in my other thread.

If you don't believe in Genesis, doesn't it bring into question the rest of the entire bible, because they are some very important foundations in Genesis.

Do you believe in the Exodus?

Do you believe Jesus is God?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.