human life began in Africa, is this not what the bible tells us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToBeBlessed

Most scientists and layperson's have come to the agreement that Eden was somewhere in Iraq (Wikipedia Garden of Eden, see under Proposed Locations), I think that is due to the description about rivers meeting and flowing together then distributing out into a channel. You can Google it.

With that said, we know that Adam and Eve were evicted from the garden and could have very well went to Africa.

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
Most scientists and layperson's have come to the agreement that Eden was somewhere in Iraq (Wikipedia Garden of Eden, see under Proposed Locations), I think that is due to the description about rivers meeting and flowing together then distributing out into a channel. You can Google it.

With that said, we know that Adam and Eve were evicted from the garden and could have very well went to Africa.

I thought edon was above the earth?

I am fairly sure Adam and Eve where sent down to Africa. Fastforward to Abraham he was living in north Africa, so one has to assume Adam and Eve where also.

Well Genetics tell us this is correct.

Evolution is a myth.

Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
The Bible also tells us that god literally poofed man into being. Science tells us man evolved over millions and millions of years.
My bible tells me that man was made from the materials of the ground.
Which bible are you reading?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
If that is what the Bible tells us, then I am left to wonder why it took over 2,000 years to figure out what it said. Why didn't we see Jews in 200 BC saying that humans evolved from ape-like ancestors in Africa?

It would seem to me that the scientific discoveries are quite independent of what Genesis is trying to teach.

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
If that is what the Bible tells us, then I am left to wonder why it took over 2,000 years to figure out what it said. Why didn't we see Jews in 200 BC saying that humans evolved from ape-like ancestors in Africa?

It would seem to me that the scientific discoveries are quite independent of what Genesis is trying to teach.

Because we didn't evolve from apes, to say apes evolved from dinosaurs and dinosaurs from fish is preposterous

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Because we didn't evolve from apes,

The evidence says otherwise.

toskulls2.jpg

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It didn't. People just like to argue about what it says more now. It seems to have been agreed upon more back in those days than it is now because people used to actually READ it instead of relying on others to read it like often happens today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My bible tells me that man was made from the materials of the ground.
Which bible are you reading?

Right. In my estimation, that's no different than "poofing." It's all miracle/magic/supernatural/etc. Same difference.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right. In my estimation, that's no different than "poofing." It's all miracle/magic/supernatural/etc. Same difference.

"Poofing"? Is this what atheistic argument terminology has devolved into? :D

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
No this evidence is has huge holes, this proves nothing.

I just showed you the transitional fossils that fill the holes.

I agree we may have some hereditary evolution, small traits, the passing down of knowledge etc

Some? Chimps share more DNA with humans than they do with gorillas.

But to say a fish evolved into a dinosaur then to a ape is ridiculous

No one is saying that apes evolved from dinosaurs. No ancestor of an ape was a dinosaur.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It didn't. People just like to argue about what it says more now. It seems to have been agreed upon more back in those days than it is now because people used to actually READ it instead of relying on others to read it like often happens today.

Would you say that Genesis was never meant to describe a literal history of man?

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
I just showed you the transitional fossils that fill the holes.

Some? Chimps share more DNA with humans than they do with gorillas.

No one is saying that apes evolved from dinosaurs. No ancestor of an ape was a dinosaur.

Darwin's theory says we evolved from fish to dinosaurs to ape to man

Its ridiculous.

To some science is a borderline religion, its what us Christians would call Idolatry

Read Genesis all you need to know is in the book

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Darwin's theory says we evolved from fish to dinosaurs to ape to man

Reference?

To some science is a borderline religion, its what us Christians would call Idolatry

Says the people who worship the Bible as their god.

Following the evidence to sound conclusions is not a religion.

Read Genesis all you need to know is in the book

The map is not the territory. Look at the evidence.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.