• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured How would the position of no end of the world be classified?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by david shelby, Mar 26, 2019.

1. StephenDiscipleofYHWH

StephenDiscipleofYHWH Well-Known Member

+332
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    They are resting in revelation 6 we see them calling out for their blood to be avenged, after waking up and crying out they are clothed in white and put back to sleep for a little while longer. They are at this time at rest, they will not be awoken to cry out until the fifth seal is opened. My position has been the same the whole time.

They suffered and died(rested) and their blood had not yet been avenged(as described in Thessalonians), so to understand the Passage literally we must take it as the Prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, and will not be fulfilled until Christ's return on the Last day.

2. parousia70

parousia70 I'm livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+3,079
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    This view of yours fully contradicts the Thessalonian text.

3. StephenDiscipleofYHWH

StephenDiscipleofYHWH Well-Known Member

+332
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    It is fully in line with the whole of Scripture

4. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,465
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    G373 used in 2 verses of Revelation...

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

373. anapano from 303 and 3973;
    (reflexively) to repose (literally or figuratively (be exempt), remain); by implication, to refresh:--take ease, refresh, (give, take) rest.
    3973. pauo pow'-o a primary verb
    ("pause"); to stop (transitively or intransitively), i.e. restrain, quit, desist, come to an end:--cease, leave, refrain.

Revelation 6:11
    Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren,
    who would be killed as they were, was completed.

How do the dead die again?

Revelation 14:13
    Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ”
    “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  5. parousia70

+3,079
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We have both stated our case. I’m confident our readers have enough information to decide whose position has the weight of scripture behind it.

6. parousia70

+3,079
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Can you define what you mean by closest? Closest in time or closest in accuracy?

The KJV is wrought with mistranslations of the original Greek text, so I’m assuming you mean closest on the calendar, But it is spurious to assume spatial proximity equates to a higher level of accuracy, especially when the facts tell the opposite.