Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The headaches are from the jacked up nerves in my neck and at the base of my skull. The doctors have now decided that this will be a life-long disability and I can't tell you how angry I am about it.

Ouch. I worked with a lady who had similarly been in an accident and would have frequent headaches years later. It seemed pretty debilitating.

She had some relief (not total) from using a Botox treatment. Normally it is thought of as a cosmetic thing, but I guess they use it on nerves for other reasons as well.

Not sure how effective it is long term.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I always wore makeup when I was younger, but I was never very fashionable, hated shaving (but did it when I needed to wear shorts or dresses), and my jewelry was usually limited to earrings, maybe a couple of rings.

When I met my husband, he preferred when I didn't wear makeup. He said it was natural and how God created me, and that beauty isn't enhanced by piling goop onto our faces. I personally think I look better with makeup, because I kind of hate how I look in general so anything I can do to hide or enhance is a plus. But I became comfortable with not wearing makeup, since my husband prefers it, and now I prefer it as well.

Women are horrible to each other. We are judgmental - more to each other than anything else. That's not to say that men, employers, store clerks, restaurant wait staff, and the whole of the rest of society doesn't also judge. But I think women feel it more strongly from each other, because we all look to each other to "measure up" so to speak.
Hi; my wife doesn't feel dressed if she goes out without 'putting on her face'. Everyone is different, I guess...

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I felt pressured to grow a beard, recently.

lol, consider yourself blessed! ;) I've been working months on a beard which my wife isn't crazy about... nor my cats. What gives there?

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh I decided to look great one day and I even put on my earrings...ouch. I did notice that the holes were about to grow together once again but was in a hurry to get out the door... When I arrived back home 8 hours later I took off my earrings and blood started to pour down my ears, my kids noticed two stripes of dried blood on my neck and to my horror it must have ringled down my neck on the get ready to start Your business visit to an entrepreneur. Unfortunatedly I don't notice much pain and my hair probably, hopefully covered it. But why do we behave ourself like this???

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've always been physically attracted to tall, dark, men. I prefer dark haired men.

that was me when single but married someone who was completely opposite of what I was attracted to

fwiw, longer am married to him, more attractive I find him
now when I look back at pics when we were in our 20's, I think he wasn't bad looking and wonder why I didn't "see" that then?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I came home as usual and as common women on countryside dressed causal, but yesterday I took on a long beachdress with a built in bra that had some cleavage and I don't show that much, but yesterday it was warm so I took off the one I wore. When I was napping in the sofa my little son said - Mom, You better put a bra on, You have a butt between Your breasts. I told Him Yes, When we have guests and I go out I will do just that but at home I will be comfortable. But to no avail, momma had to dress up, or they be so embarrassed. I certainly don't know how they manage to make it around less saintlike women, but I guess moms got to look like saint even in bathingsuit. I admit I have a hatelove relationship with bras. I think they could be made better, less itchy, more comfortable and bigger in the back. More men should try wear them for the holiday, ha ha and ouch to see their sore shoulders almost bleed in the end of the day, to see what their spouses go through each day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; my wife doesn't feel dressed if she goes out without 'putting on her face'. Everyone is different, I guess...

Her face will get a healthy glow and less wrinkles in the future if she would use mineral make up and then also skip that as much as possible. But You are right everyone is different.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Her face will get a healthy glow and less wrinkles in the future if she would use mineral make up and then also skip that as much as possible. But You are right everyone is different.
I've long since given up wearing makeup. If I do, it's very minimal. I don't mind if other women do but in reality it's one less thing to have to "worry about my face" throughout the day. ;)

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've long since given up wearing makeup. If I do, it's very minimal. I don't mind if other women do but in reality it's one less thing to have to "worry about my face" throughout the day. ;)

Actually, I have redtones in both my hair and face although I am blonde so if I get upset, emotional or fashinated I do get reddish all over my face, although I do not blush or get embarrassed easily. Especially if I get coffein or tea in my body. One reason to why I do not drink much of those, but I do not care much. On special occations I do wear make up but it does happen that I think it look much better without it. I do have hard to find a true match of colour. I find most make up itchy, eaven the most expensive mineral based ones.

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lol, consider yourself blessed! ;) I've been working months on a beard which my wife isn't crazy about... nor my cats. What gives there?

One of our longhaired fat ladycats has grown a bushy beard for a long time. Try spraying some catnip spray from the animal store on Your beard or grow catnip and rub it into Your beard and Your cat will absolutedly love it and after some minutes She might not care much about it. The cats get a "rolling effect" of catnip for a while.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Might not do much for your wife's opinion of it, though. ;)

Beards are prickly if you're not the one wearing them. I am not a fan.
Not a fan, either. I have sensitive skin and it just hurts! I have a derma roller so I suppose it should help to build up tolerance to the scruffies.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of our longhaired fat ladycats has grown a bushy beard for a long time. Try spraying some catnip spray from the animal store on Your beard or grow catnip and rub it into Your beard and Your cat will absolutedly love it and after some minutes She might not care much about it. The cats get a "rolling effect" of catnip for a while.
Ironically, catnip can also help boost hair growth.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I must say I think attractiveness comes from being generous and kind inside. A beautiful outside and an evil or selfish and greedy inside is not at all appealling. It is rather the opposite for a woman after a while. On the otherhand anyone that is kind and generous but looks less attractive becomes more appealing after a while because of their inner qualities. One should not judge another person lest oneself be judged, rather take note of their behaviour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums