Sep 3, 2011
✟323,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm a bit surprised at all the pushback and hostility towards the OP. His teaching is pretty close to that of Charles Stanley for the most part as far as I can tell. Perhaps it was his delivery that riled folks so much.

speaking for myself I just don’t like to hear falsities or part truths regarding how one walks in the Spirit, what it means to be holy in Gods eyes, what is expected of man. That’s just me tho.

Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
speaking for myself I just don’t like to hear falsities or part truths regarding how one walks in the Spirit, what it means to be holy in Gods eyes, what is expected of man. That’s just me tho.

I agree. It's very hard not to proffer a dissenting voice when you see something you care about _ the Christian faith - being so distorted as it has been here by the OP.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
IF John is a sinner then He's not born again.

There are no sinners found in heaven.

So, a person has to be changed from sinner to "made righteous" while you are breathing or Hell is waiting after they die.
This is why Jesus said..>"you MUST be born again".
As this new birth is the change from SINNER to "the Righteousness of God IN Christ".

All who are born again, are already a part of God's Holy Spirit. They have become....>"ONE with GOD, in Christ".

If a person is not born again then they are damned while they are yet breathing, and are waiting for the end result. John 3:36

You claim that a person who is born again cannot sin yet Paul constantly warned believers who were “sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption” not to sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You claim that a person who is born again cannot sin yet Paul constantly warned believers who were “sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption” not to sin.

Ah Ephesians 4:30, that's a favorite verse of the once saved always saved group.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ah Ephesians 4:30, that's a favorite verse of the once saved always saved group.

Yes and it’s right smack in the middle of Paul’s warning to believers about turning back to a sinful lifestyle. It begins in verse 17 I believe and continues on into chapter 5 and ironically enough it’s often referred to as “The Christian’s Walk”. But this is only one of several examples of Paul warning believers not to turn back to sin. Romans 6 comes to mind right off hand. I believe Peter was already born again when he denied Christ 3 times.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Even David said, Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me... and David was a man after God's own heart... "hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown" is even said to the church in Philadelphia, before whom Jesus has set an open door. Seems to me that the ultimate seal only happens in Revelation 7:4... where Judah is the first to be sealed, and is apparently made up of non-Judahites because of Isaiah 65:15.

So obviously there's a huge misunderstanding going on, or the two gospels are farther apart than even I consider them to be.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Yes and it’s right smack in the middle of Paul’s warning to believers about turning back to a sinful lifestyle. It begins in verse 17 I believe and continues on into chapter 5 and ironically enough it’s often referred to as “The Christian’s Walk”. But this is only one of several examples of Paul warning believers not to turn back to sin. Romans 6 comes to mind right off hand. I believe Peter was already born again when he denied Christ 3 times.

So it follows that "faith without works is dead" even in the Pauline dispensation. And then predestination becomes foreknowledge, straight up. God didn't choose people He knew were going to be sinners from the cradle to the hearse... that original sin thing isn't part of the Kingdom Gospel, thank God!

I personally believe that Death is another name for Satan, given Revelation's pale horse riding with great wrath and dragging his believers to hell, and the defeat of Death by Way of the Resurrection (no matter how many times I tried to get Sidon to figure it out, the light bulb never came on).

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
That's not quite what he said. He said when he teaches publicly people take notes. And the way to take notes when he's teaching on a forum, is to print out his threads. My guess is, like me, he's been on other forums over the years.

My guess is substitute pastor. Giving lectures takes a bit more polish... but maybe not, these days.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So it follows that "faith without works is dead" even in the Pauline dispensation. And then predestination becomes foreknowledge, straight up. God didn't choose people He knew were going to be sinners from the cradle to the hearse... that original sin thing isn't part of the Kingdom Gospel, thank God!

I personally believe that Death is another name for Satan, given Revelation's pale horse riding with great wrath and dragging his believers to hell, and the defeat of Death by Way of the Resurrection (no matter how many times I tried to get Sidon to figure it out, the light bulb never came on).

God has expectations of His children and failure to meet those expectations will result in condemnation. Luke 13:6-9

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
p.s.2, and your "fallen from grace"

"fallen from Grace" is any born again person who believes they can lose their salvation.

Paul is the greatest Christian who ever lived.
Im just me, doing what i can.

Its interesting to note that if a legalist wanted to try to make a case for self saving, then Paul would be a great example, right until he defines all self righteousness and law keeping and being a Pharisee, and "blameless in the law", ....which is all he described Himself to be, as well as from the Tribe of Ben.....yet he classified all this as dung.

He was not classifying the law, or the commandments, as dung, He was classifying trying to do all that, to be accepted by God as "dung".

Lots of believers are theologically and self righteously stuck in this "dung"...... also found teaching their Legalism (dung) as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you now trying to pretend that 1 Corinthians 15:1-7 isn't really the Pauline gospel?

Here is the Gospel being given..."The preaching of the Cross".

The Gospel, is really the fact that God left heaven, came here and provided the way for us to become a part of His eternal Family.

This WAY, is : John 14:6

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
God has expectations of His children and failure to meet those expectations will result in condemnation. Luke 13:6-9

There are fig trees and then there are fig trees.

Matthew 21:18 Now in the morning as He returned into the city, He hungered. 19 And when He saw a fig tree in the way, He came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. 20 And when the Disciples saw [it], they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! 21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

This fig tree equals the mountain... which is this mountain here:

Revelation 18:14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all. 21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast [it] into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Even more meaning exists in the Greek which never happens in the English translation. So, thank God for interlinear Strong's.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I’m just saying that I find it amazing that you have so many people printing your threads because they like them so much but yet none of them give a like or agree rating to any of your posts.

I sometimes have people come to a new forum im on, and they knew me from a previous and recognize my Teaching, and they will come on my Threads and say...>" you should print his Threads".
Really.

i have people pm me all the time, asking questions.

See, the more readers understand about the finished work of Christ that is our redemption, and the more i can lead them into the knowledge of who they are "in" Christ, .....then they are given a strong foothold and a sure foundation that becomes for them a true revelation of what it means to be "made righteous"", and to have become a "New Creation". "in Christ".
See, you, they, are not being taught this in "church", and that is why when you hear if for the first time, it seems....."unusual".
The fact is, Pauline Theology is the most basic foundational "gospel" Truth, and Doctrine, that all must have, or you will never grow in Grace and never even reach even 40% of your true potential regarding your discipleship.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, and didn't put to death the deeds of the flesh and didn't persevere or endure to the end, weren't vigilant, didn't strive to be perfect and holy, maybe didn't feed any of the hungry or clothe the naked, broke commandments, even if they were born again. As Scripture says, right?

That interesting, what you posted......as its Legalism perfectly defined.
See all that SELF EFFORT? The Legalist Believes they are to do all that to be saved and stay saved.

Notice there is no CROSS, no BLOOD of JESUS< found in that theology.
And that is because the theology of the legalist is law, commandment, and SELF SELF SELF SELF SELF, effort.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Sidon slipped the leash and ran off to create more threads...

So... by their lack of fruits ye shall know them?

that's how i recognized you.

i read your posts, i note they are insulting, and carnal, and i can see you clearly by your "fruit".

And you'll show me more as that is your nature.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
"fallen from Grace" is any born again person who believes they can lose their salvation.

Paul is the greatest Christian who ever lived.
Im just me, doing what i can.

Its interesting to note that if a legalist wanted to try to make a case for self saving, then Paul would be a great example, right until he defines all self righteousness and law keeping and being a Pharisee, and "blameless in the law", ....which is all he described Himself to be, as well as from the Tribe of Ben.....yet he classified all this as dung.

He was not classifying the law, or the commandments, as dung, He was classifying trying to do all that, to be accepted by God as "dung".

Lots of believers are theologically and self righteously stuck in this "dung"...... also found teaching their Legalism (dung) as well.

Well that's not true, is it. Jesus gives grace for grace which means you are forgiven to forgive others... and only if you forgive others. That's not fallen from grace, that's failing to keep the commandments of Jesus, straight up.

IMO, John is the greatest Christian who ever lived, followed by Peter and James... of the circumcision despensation, along with Matthew whom Paul must never have met. But then, John doesn't mention Paul, either... quid pro quo.

It's up to you whether or not you want to believe the commandments of Jesus to be what Paul claims. In either case, John 12:48-50 comes to mind. If you'd known the Father, you'd've known the Son. Who-flung-poo doesn't only stick to the Father, it sticks to the Son as well, since the two are one. It doesn't help your witness at all to be flinging poo at the Christ you profess. ... This must be one of the reasons why some people think there were four different Pauls.

And yes, Paul was from the tribe of Benjamin, which makes him part of the southern half of the divided Kingdom called Judah, called Jewry and the Jews today.

BTW, Paul was only blameless according to the law because he used cattle to pay for his sins, under the sacrificial system. Nobody forgets the verses that go before, 'who shall save me from this body of death', do they? Paul must've been very rich.

Michaeas 6:6 Wherewithal shall I reach the Lord, and lay hold of My God most high? shall I reach him by whole-burnt-offerings, by calves of a year old? 7 Will the Lord accept thousands of rams, or ten thousands of fat goats? should I give my first-born for ungodliness, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 Has it not been told thee, O man, what is good? or what does the Lord require of thee, but to do justice, and love mercy, and be ready to walk with the Lord thy God?

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you've been saying. That's why when you said "Also, as you said, it is exactly Christ rejection that is the heart of damnation", it seemed like it might be a contradiction. But I get it. And needless to say usually the term "carnal Christian" is talking about a Christian who leads a hedonistic lifestyle, rather than one who's trying to be good enough.

Exactly.

Here is the thing about christians.
some are so judgmental .

= This type, wants to beat you with a bible, vs share the love of Christ.
They want to castigate a believer who is caught up in the flesh, the world, and say of them...>"well look at that one, they're lost, they lost their salvation".

But in fact, they are not lost. They are just as blood bought as the carnal Christian finger pointing jerk is, actually.

When these self righteous judges really get going is when you try to Give Jesus all the Credit due Him for saving you and keeping you saved.
Oh they hate that. They will come running and hit your with their law, and sting you with their commandment keeping and Cross denying.
Most of these worship the Old Testament.

These same types live for the day when some broken hearted divorced believer comes to a christian forum for a little bit of support and comfort, and they talk about getting remarried and then in come the Judges, fingers pointing, ...... telling them....."you are living in sin, you are damned".. "adulterer".

So, what you do, is notice who gives God Credit for Salvation, and who give the law and commandments and their self effort the credit, and right THERE is where you discern who is lying to you, and who is telling you the Gospel Truth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.