• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

How to prove that GOD exists from a scientific point of view?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by JacquelineDeane55, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+3,275
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I've never had hallucinations (at least not when I was awake). Closest I've come is sleep paralysis as I was going to bed or waking up.

Here, I was wide awake. I definitely saw him.

I've since heard some stories about people encountering strange things in that area (maybe even that specific building). How about you come and stay there overnight?

2. dad

dad Undefeated! Supporter

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I do try to keep an eye on the topic.
    The apostles did not renounce Mary nor did Joseph, or Jesus or Elizabeth, etc. They respected and honored her. To call events surrounding the life and family of Jesus 3rd hand reports is ignorant.
    We cannot take anyone seriously if they claim science could or should be able to know. Nor can we take a 65th generation gossip seriously when they talk about people and events they have no clue about, and slander the people who recorded it that were there.

3. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+3,386
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Unfortunately, there's no evidence that the apostles actually wrote the gospels with their names attached to them.

4. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    What, you think some guy named John snuck in and wrote several books of the bible claiming he was John, or that God would allow such nonsense? Truly baseless doubting.

5. SelfSim

SelfSim A non "-ist"

+609
    Humanist
    Private
    Its possible I suppose ..

6. Kylie

+3,386
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    They are old stories of anonymous authorship, and they are only attributed to the apostles by tradition. There is no evidence anywhere that they actually were written by the apostles. There's no evidence that they are even contemporary accounts, since the earliest copies we have date to quite a while after the events they describe. The earliest version of Matthew was written between 80 and 90 AD, Mark was between 66-70 AD, Luke was between 80-110 AD and John was 90-110 AD.

7. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,244
    Agnostic
    Married
    Your ignorance is obviously comforting to you. But it's still ignorance.

8. SLP

SLP Senior Member

+495
    Atheist
    Then why consider it at all? Sounds like a big cop out.

9. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+8,018
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Hallucinations can occur while awake as well.

10. Strathos

+3,275
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I know, but I have never had them.

11. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,244
    Agnostic
    Married
    Sure. You cover my travel costs and I'll come. But what happens if I don't have a similar experience? Would you say you didn't see what you think you saw? I don't doubt that to you the vision was real, and I wouldn't expect that to change just because somebody else doesn't experience the same thing.

12. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    If there were no God or early church, and all of the leaders and scholars of Christianity were insane, you might have a point.

13. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    TEither that, or carefully preserved works known to be from certain people were later compiled into a book.
    ? John, for example states it clearly. Have you evidence that the early church forged writings from him?

The copies do not matter. As John said we have the record, and we know it is true. If some older copies of that record no longer exist or were not found yet, it matters not at all.

14. Strathos

+3,275
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I'll pay you twice the cost if you stay the whole night and don't wimp out.

But when you run screaming, you'll have to pay me 4 times your own expenses.

15. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,244
    Agnostic
    Married
    Does that sound even remotely reasonable to you? I've asked nothing from you except to cover expenses for YOUR experiment, but you see fit to pretend this is some kind of p****ing contest. Emotional grandstanding does not impress.

16. Kylie

+3,386
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    So you just assume that they are from known people to claim they are from known people...

Chapter of verse where it says, "John wrote this"?

You say you know it is true, but once again you have not supported this claim. HOW do you know it is true?

17. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    We can disagree. I tend to avoid a detailed discussion of faith matters with people who reject the faith.

18. SelfSim

SelfSim A non "-ist"

+609
    Humanist
    Private
    Why?

19. Strathos

+3,275
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Your cowardice is noted.

Because it ends up going nowhere. It's like you're speaking two different languages.

20. Kylie

+3,386
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Always excuses to avoid supporting your claims.