• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

How to prove that GOD exists from a scientific point of view?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by JacquelineDeane55, Dec 28, 2019.

1. dad

dad Undefeated! Supporter

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Not the way mountains were talked about in Scripture, being covered in water! No trees grow in weeks now to fruition as a general rule. Neither do spirits marry women and have kids and homes here. Nor do men live a thousand years now.
    Spiritual things need spiritual evidence. We have that in spades! You actually have no evidence either way so make no claims.

2. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+3,393
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    People say that about all religions. Christianity is nothing special in that regard, and I find your claims about it just as convincing as you find the claims of those in other religions.

Argument from popularity. Just because lots of people share the belief, doesn't make it true.

Yeah, no one could EVER have a reason to make up something that can't be checked in any way whatsoever! :rolleyes:

The number of people who have tested it and come to a different conclusion (ie, non-Christians) is far higher. Perhaps you might not want to rely on argument from popularity.

I know loads of people who have checked and found nothing.

You seem to not understand the words "science" and "verify."

we weren't talking about charity.

Seriously, dude, do you not pay attention to the posts you are responding to?

You responded to it! Obviously you noticed it!

3. MissRowy

MissRowy Ms Snarky Supporter

+2,526
    Australia
    Christian
    In Relationship
    AU-Labor
    Spiritual evidence is NOT evidence. We have PHYSICAL evidence to prove a lot of things happened where as you just have a book. Whose winning now?? Certainly not you because as others have mentioned, you have no interest in stepping back and admitting you are wrong.

4. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Of course it is for things of a spiritual nature.
    A lot of things did happen. However, you have o evidence to prove any claim with spiritual or physical evidence that spirits are not real.

I am winning, will continue to win and am absolutely right.

5. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Great, and there are spirits involved with other religions also, none of which science can deny or confirm also!

A lot of tests were done and you cannot wave them away.

Doesn't matter. God is not made up and neither are spirits.

False. Most people have always believed in spirits. Christians or not!

What did they check with, a white cane?

I sure do, now understand these words. Science cannot verify spirits.

6. Kylie

+3,393
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    And Smurf things are evidence for things of a Smurfy nature. Anyone can make up that kind of thing, but without being able to verify it, it means nothing.

Yes, a lot of things did happen. Some of us have higher standards for what counts as evidence, and we prefer to have something that can actually be checked by others and verified.

You tell yourself that.

7. MissRowy

MissRowy Ms Snarky Supporter

+2,526
    Australia
    Christian
    In Relationship
    AU-Labor
    Dude..physical evidence wins over spiritual evidence.

Yeah you keep telling yourself that...cos it aint true

8. Kylie

+3,393
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    So you think that you can make up whatever unfalsifiable stuff you want and then claim it's true because it doesn't rely on the same systems for verification that science has?

That doesn't make you right.

Unfortunately those tests were poorly done, with no way to verify them.

You gonna need more than that to convince me.

So what? People who didn't know how the world worked turned to superstition in an attempt to understand it. Doesn't mean they were right!

So now you're just gonna insult people who disagree with you?

Because there's nothing there to verify.

9. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    No evidence for doubts about spirits then. OK.

10. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    That depends if we are looking for evidence cow manure existed, or ghosts exist.

Is that why some people try to ban others, to pretend they are winning?

11. Kylie

+3,393
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Once again, you seem to lack basic English comprehension skills.

12. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,253
    Agnostic
    Married
    There are still mountains covered in water. They do not support your implied conclusion that there was a global flood.
    Your evidence for the veracity of such claims is that mountains and trees exist now, not that any of those phenomena continue to be true. Mountains and trees exist, therefore spirits married women. Seriously?

"You can't test the past, you just have to accept my stories because there are things around now that were also around then, although they are not actually evidence of the stories I'm claiming are indisputably true." Lol.
    You have no spiritual evidence whatsoever, but we have the physical evidence you're claiming supports your argument. Mountains exist - that's physical evidence. They do not in any way provide evidence of spirits, fast growing vegetation or longevity of mythical men. What they provide is evidence of upheaval, erosion and deep time.

13. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+8,055
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  14. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+3,282
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I actually have seen physical evidence of spirits. But you would probably call me a liar if I elaborated on it.

15. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,253
    Agnostic
    Married
    No, not a liar. Lying is deliberate dishonesty. I would say that you have probably seen something with a perfectly natural explanation which you cannot understand and have attributed to spirits.

Bring it on. Let's see what you consider to be physical evidence of spirits.

16. Strathos

+3,282
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    A friend talked me into exploring an abandoned house with him. We heard a noise and he bailed, but I was curious and followed it. I walked into a room and there was nothing there, but I turned around and saw an old man with a long beard and dirty clothes. I screamed and closed my eyes. I prayed to Jesus and when I opened my eyes (couldn't have been more than a second) he was gone. I searched the entire house and there was no sign of him.

17. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+2,253
    Agnostic
    Married
    And the physical evidence......?

I swear blind I saw a gecko run behind the couch last night, but when I looked for it there was nothing there. I'm not trying to mock you, simply pointing out that we often see things which may or may not have been there. It's a well-known human predilection.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  18. Strathos

+3,282
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Like I said, you didn't believe me.

19. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+8,055
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    You may have legitimately seen something; the question is whether or not what you saw was an external entity.

Hallucinations are after all a very real phenomenon that people experience. I myself experience hypnopompic hallucinations on a semi regular basis. I've seen things that look very real, but I know they are strictly a product of my own mind.

20. dad

+1,218
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    As I said, not the way they were talked about in Scripture. All were covered.

No. It was pointed out to you that many things are in ancient records and you may not selectively handwave some away, or pretend that today is the same.
    Don't blame me that you live today and can't time travel.
    Most people of all ages have plenty of evidence that spirits exist and so they believe in them. You are in no position to judge the rest of the world, or wave away the experiences of mankind. Nor are you in any position to say my experiences with the spiritual are not real.

The opposite is true actually. No flood exists now that covers every mountain, no one lives 1000 years, no olive tree grows in a week, and no spirits show up at the local church wanting a marriage license, etc.
    The lives we live now are different in many basic ways.