Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I love this video, thank you for sharing with everyone as well!

There is something simple and beautiful being alone. Things just become more clear.
A few months ago I went downtown for a training. I waited about an hour and a half for my brother to get me. So I sat on the side of the building, watching the cars go by, and praying the whole time. I felt so at peace. I love moments like that.

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that a video about being alone was a collaborative effort of at least 30 people?

haha! well two for sure. Maybe she's just really that good? In which case, you'd think she would have loads of friends.... :scratch:

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not trying to be down on the video; it was well made, and the poem was good. Better than many that are more widely known and appreciated. But it was obviously for people who are different from me.

There is nothing suggested in that video that I would not enjoy more with another person (except dancing, which I do not enjoy in any case), and some things in it that I cannot enjoy except in the company of others. As soon as I start enjoying something by myself, my first instinct is to find someone else to share it with.

Even my daydreams want to be shared, because they become stories thereby, and writers of fiction can have a constant need to tell stories.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

puffca

Veteran
Mar 25, 2007
NY
✟11,080.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As an introvert, I actually enjoy being alone. I never thought loneliness is something hard to deal with. However, I have this desire to have a wife and family. Enjoying the alone time makes me feel guilty as if I'm sacrificing my heart's true desire for some immediate comfort and peace. Yes, I don't have to work super hard to support a family; Yes, I can make big decisions all by myself; Yes, I can cook whatever I want to eat; Yes, I don't have to worry abot kids....But, the bad thing is that I could get used to an easy life style like this. I could lose the passion and incentive to get to know new people and the potential life partner, I could give up pursuing the real joy that a good wife can bring to me. This is what I'm afraid of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steffenfield

Jul 9, 2010
✟6,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, thanks for sharing.

I went to a nice restaurant by myself yesterday because of this video and actually had a great time. :)

It just was a little tough seeing all of the happy couples and children there.

Still, I'm happy I did something like that for myself and will probably start doing this several times a week.

I'm not knitting on the park bench though. *lol*

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
This is very helpful as many of us find ourselves alone.. I mean I have a house of kids.. LOL.. but adult wise.. LOL.. I am alone.. it encourages me in my life right now to embrace this stage and find ways to enjoy it..

Thank you..

Upvote 0