TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for your reply but it seems that you have misunderstood the point of my post.

As for the burden of Christ being light and easy . . . do you know specifically what the Lord was referring to? He was comparing the way of the Law (for the Jews) compared to the new way found in Christ . . . which is freedom from the Law. Because I am Gentile, the comparison doesn't possess the same impact as it would for the Blessed Jew.

This is the way of the "New Covenant" which actually points to the same Covenant of Circumcision in Abraham. Circumcision releases a person from worldly laws that judge and condemn, hence, "freedom in Christ."
Do you still (or ever) continue to run red lights, to run stop signs , to disobey traffic laws ?
Or the laws for licenses, for permits, for not trespassing, for not doing business wherever you might ?

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Do you still (or ever) continue to run red lights, to run stop signs , to disobey traffic laws ?
Or the laws for licenses, for permits, for not trespassing, for not doing business wherever you might ?

I do not claim to live a perfect physical life. I do claim, however, to have received a clear conscience because of the Circumcision of Christ. This means that I have been separated from the Curse of the Lord, the Adamic Curse that resulted in the added Sinful Nature. This Nature has been cut away as though shameful foreskin, and it shall never grow back. With the Sinful Nature permanently cut away, I have been Transformed by the Spirit of God and no longer live in patterns of sin.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
From Scripture copied from page in BibleHub
"Context
Reject False Doctrines
2Those who have believing masters should not show disrespect because they are brothers, but should serve them all the more, since those receiving their good service are beloved believers. Teach and encourage these principles. 3
If anyone teaches another doctrine and disagrees with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and with godly teaching, 4
he is conceited and understands nothing. Instead, he has an unhealthy interest in controversies and semantics, out of which come envy, strife, abusive talk, evil suspicions,…
Berean Standard Bible · Download"

Reactions: Oneofhope
Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So you not only have to say you believe, but you also must keep in step with the Spirit.
Well said. The trick is when we start talking about actually doing the things Jesus said to do. For example, Jesus said to keep charity, fasting, and praying secret. He said hypocrites make a public spectacle of these things. But, it's pretty rare to see any Christians keeping in step with this spirit. Rather, the seem to enjoy making a public issue of these things.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The NEW covenant actually works when people stop trying to twist the new covenant and turn it back into and put it back under the curse and bondage of the OLD covenant.
If you TRUELY believe that the NEW COVENANT is in operation Today , how can a GENTILE be SAVED TODAY ??

I like Rom 10:9-10 or Eph 2:8 , your thoughts for this AGE OF GRACE ?

dan p

Reactions: WilliamK76
Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you TRUELY believe that the NEW COVENANT is in operation Today , how can a GENTILE be SAVED TODAY ??

dan p
Gentiles are saved today exactly the same way Jews are saved today, because there is no difference spiritually between Jews and Gentiles; they are exactly the same under the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

WilliamK76

“The truth shall make you free”
Oct 2, 2023
Va
✟2,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I like that too, and the only Gospel worthy of belief in my opinion. Let’s look at how well the Jews have done under the law. Jesus didn’t come to earth to reform the nature of the flesh so that after the soul and spirit are saved it can turn around and boast of it’s own righteous merit under self perceived “good” works of the law, but He came to put all it’s works to death in His body. “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God”. If good works were actually happening in the sense that Christian’s perceive themselves to be “good”, as many Christian’s as there are in the world, the world wouldn’t be in the condition that it is today. Far from being able to “keep” the law, the only thing the Spirit can show the flesh under the law, even after a person has been saved is that the nature of his flesh is still a sinner and that’s all it’s ever gonna be until “the body of this death” is laid to rest in the grave. What other option does a person have but to rest in the finished work of Jesus and be saved by Grace and Grace alone amen.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
There is one Faith just as there is one God. If we are to possess the exact Faith that Abraham possessed, though Jesus had YET to live, die, and be Resurrected . . . this expectation will help us to narrow down the actual Saving Plan of Jesus Christ. When we can explain how and why the men and women in Hebrews 11 are our models of genuine Faith, then we can know with certainty that we understand the Saving Plan of Christ.

It is important that we not confuse the Story of God (The Gospel of Jesus Christ) with the Saving Plan of Jesus Christ. They are two separate discussions. When Jesus said, "Before Abraham was born, I am" this too is part of the the Story of God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

If we are to claim that we understand the "Gospel," we must understand the Plan of Salvation as it is offered in the Old Testament. The problem with this is that it means that the modern-day Christian is not only going to have to start reading the Old Testament, but must also begin knocking, seeking, and asking again. I have spent the last six years trying to get "christians" in my local area to learn the entire Bible in a timeline, chronological order, but they are 100% not interested. Why? Because all who claim to be true Christians believe they already have things figured out. This is the exact problem that Jesus faced as He spoke to the Blessed Jews.

John 9:39-41 NLT - "Then Jesus told him, "I entered this world to render judgment--to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind." Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, "Are you saying we're blind?" "If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty," Jesus replied. "But you remain guilty because you claim you can see."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How is the new Covenant more strict? What is the basis of this sense of strictness?
Well, it deals with the inside. Not eating pork or rabbit is easy. Keeping feasts is easy. To stop lusting is difficult (and impossible apart from the Holy Spirit).

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Well, it deals with the inside. Not eating pork or rabbit is easy. Keeping feasts is easy. To stop lusting is difficult (and impossible apart from the Holy Spirit).
The Law of Moses dealt with lusting/coveting what belongs to another.

Romans 7:7-10 NLT - "Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, "You must not covet." But sin used this command to arouse all kinds of covetous desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power. At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, and I died. So I discovered that the law's commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead."

The question is . . . why couldn't Israel obey? We should ask because obeying was impossible for the Blessed Jews.

Romans 11:7-8 NLT - "So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have--the ones God has chosen--but the hearts of the rest were hardened. As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear."

This is why understanding Spiritual Circumcision is of the utmost important doctrine to know and understand. Until the "church" begins to teach this all-important Covenant, understanding the Bible will always be elusive.

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The NEW covenant actually works when people stop trying to twist the new covenant and turn it back into and put it back under the curse and bondage of the OLD covenant.
I agree one must start here.
Covenant definition
a written agreement or promise usually under seal between two or more parties especially for the performance of some action
Then go here Jere 31: 31-34
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
After the Jews rejected Jesus as The Messiah and rejected His New Covenant it was offered to Gentiles who were never under the Law of the old covenant.
People who bring the Old covenant laws into the New Covenant do not know what a covenant is or believe Jesus is not enough to save one without the old law.
See Eph 2:15
Gal 3:
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither Peter nor Paul nor James is the author of ANY of the Bible. Only God is the author of Scripture. And God does not make mistakes or have contradictions in His writings.

ALL Scripture must be considered before we come up with our doctrine, and that doctrine must be consistent with all Scripture.
And Peter said of Paul in 2 Peter 3:15 says that Paul has written unto you and says that what Paul has WRITTEN ARE hard to

be understood , which they that are UNLEARNED and UNSTABLE , wrest , as they do also the other scriptures unto n there own DESTRUCTION .

what say you ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Neither Peter nor Paul nor James is the author of ANY of the Bible. Only God is the author of Scripture. And God does not make mistakes or have contradictions in His writings.

Except the early church leaders required that even the Gentiles follow certain parts of the Law of Moses. Those leaders were wrong, for Christ taught that it isn't what goes into a person that defiles them, but what comes out of them. Acts 15 shows that the Apostles were still trying to understand the Saving Plan of God. It wasn't instantly known, rather, they still needed further and Divine teaching.

Acts 15:19-21 NLT - ""And so my judgment is that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead, we should write and tell them to abstain from eating food offered to idols, from sexual immorality, from eating the meat of strangled animals, and from consuming blood. For these laws of Moses have been preached in Jewish synagogues in every city on every Sabbath for many generations."

Not everything in the Bible is from God. Further, not everything written is the "Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Peter said of Paul in 2 Peter 3:15 says that Paul has written unto you and says that what Paul has WRITTEN ARE hard to be understood , which they that are UNLEARNED and UNSTABLE, wrest, as they do also the other scriptures unto n there own DESTRUCTION.

what say you ??

dan p
Yes, a lot of what Paul wrote is difficult to understand for the untrained and those still requiring the milk of the Word. But that does not mean that his writing should not be consulted for those of us feeding on the meat. Or that that meat should not be "processed" in such a way that those needing milk can understand it. All of Jesus' own teaching was done in parables so that the meaning would be hidden from those who were blind to the Spirit, and much of Paul's writing is similarly masked. But none of that changes the fact that the author of the Scriptures is the Holy Spirit, and not the men who put pen to paper for Him.

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except the early church leaders required that even the Gentiles follow certain parts of the Law of Moses. Those leaders were wrong, for Christ taught that it isn't what goes into a person that defiles them, but what comes out of them. Acts 15 shows that the Apostles were still trying to understand the Saving Plan of God. It wasn't instantly known, rather, they still needed further and Divine teaching.

Acts 15:19-21 NLT - ""And so my judgment is that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead, we should write and tell them to abstain from eating food offered to idols, from sexual immorality, from eating the meat of strangled animals, and from consuming blood. For these laws of Moses have been preached in Jewish synagogues in every city on every Sabbath for many generations."

Not everything in the Bible is from God. Further, not everything written is the "Gospel" of Jesus Christ.
Clearly not everything was understood, even by the Apostles, in the very beginning. And the Apostles were not free from sin after Pentecost, because Paul caught Peter sinning and leading others to sin when he confronted him in Gal 2. So when we read the context of James' statements here in Acts 15, we see that part of what he is saying is geared toward limiting friction between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers. Clearly sexual immorality is a sin, but meat sacrificed to idols, meat of strangled animals, and blood are no longer sinful to consume, but they are disturbing to the Jews (For these laws of Moses have been preached in Jewish synagogues in every city on every Sabbath for many generations.). And the consumption of them by the Gentiles may have caused the Jews to sin in consuming them since the Jews still believed it was sinful to consume them (1 Cor 8). Because (in terms of something that is not inherently sinful (musical instruments in worship, eating meat sacrificed to idols, eating pork, etc.)) if one believes that it is a sin, then for them it is sin, while for the one who believes it is not sin, it is not sin for them to do.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Yes, a lot of what Paul wrote is difficult to understand for the untrained and those still requiring the milk of the Word. But that does not mean that his writing should not be consulted for those of us feeding on the meat. Or that that meat should not be "processed" in such a way that those needing milk can understand it. All of Jesus' own teaching was done in parables so that the meaning would be hidden from those who were blind to the Spirit, and much of Paul's writing is similarly masked. But none of that changes the fact that the author of the Scriptures is the Holy Spirit, and not the men who put pen to paper for Him.

I rarely say this, but amen.

When I discovered the words of Paul when he stated that the Plan of God has been kept hidden since the beginning, recognizing HOW the Lord has kept His Story and Plan of Salvation hidden has been my primary focus for the last five years. In learning HOW the Lord's Plan has been kept hidden has brought a certain amount of Spiritual Wisdom, but ultimately, even this brings pain and grief, for today's "church" is not interested in learning of things they are unaware of. It is a burden to see how lost and confused today's "church" actually is. Pastors of today teach of peripheral ideas and concepts, all the while ignoring the fact that we as a group largely do not understand the Saving Plan of Jesus Christ proven by the fact that very few even attempt to spread that Plan to those who do not "know" Him.

If we want to fully understand the Gospel, the Saving Plan of Jesus, it is imperative that we see how God has kept it hidden from the beginning, as in the Book of Genesis.

Question: Do you believe that God is the author of Ecclesiastes where Solomon repeatedly asserts that all things are meaningless? To me, that theology seems incredibly disrespectful and shallow. In fact, Ecclesiastes shows the depression of Solomon, which opened the door for him to begin supporting false gods who required Child Sacrifice. I don't recommend that anyone follow the mindset of Solomon, for he did not seem to be led by the Spirit, but led by Wisdom alone.

Ecclesiastes 7:23 NLT - "I have always tried my best to let wisdom guide my thoughts and actions. I said to myself, "I am determined to be wise." But it didn't work."

Upvote 0