How the Australian ABC shows Merc-gate (Russian Mercenaries paid to kill US soldiers)

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...um, are you folks taking any applications for more migrants per chance?
Ha ha ha! Yes, Australia has a good dose of British and now American culture and humour, free medicare for Aussie citizens, koalas and kangaroos and a fun slang to learn. You'd fit in fine! Although, sadly, we do seem to have a growing number of climate sceptics and anti-vaccers. Errgh!

In another post you said:

Any strong-man leader will tell you the key is to ensure that the ONLY solution to EVERY problem is the dear leader himself. Trump is PROTECTING us from the scary Western Democracies by being besties with Putin. Trump is PROTECTING us from the Kurds by being besties with Erdogan. There's a lot of scary people out there and Trump knows who to align with.​

A number of psychiatrists have diagnosed it as a dangerous narcissistic delusion - an "us white Christians vs those brown people and Muslims and others" - that has become an almost Messiah-like complex where he's out to save the world. It scares and offends me both as an Ordo-Liberal and as a Christian. (Oh, and don't get me started on that ridiculous pandering to the WASPS bible photo-op! Ha ha ha, imagine macing a bunch of peaceful demonstrators to show how 'Christian' you are!)
Yeah, check out their diagnosis. It's scary stuff.
Joining up the dots shows the true depths of Trump’s dangerous narcissistic pathology ǀ View

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He "talks" to Putin, he insults, belittles and attacks our allies like Merkel and May. There's the difference.

So neither of these two engaged in any condescending speech through the years? No belittling or as you would say attacks either? If you say no, sorry I don't buy it.

Remember: MOST AMERICANS DIDN'T VOTE FOR TRUMP. He was elected by a minority due to the quirk of our "electoral college".

So if someone tells you America WANTED Trump just remember that America DIDN'T want Trump.

Trump ran his campaign KNOWING he had to have more broad appeal NATIONWIDE. Clinton DID NOT. If he would have spent ALL his time in the major coastal cites and promised them the world his numbers would have been greater. Having MOST Americans vote for you ISN'T the winning playbook to become the President of the United States anyway and the electoral college isn't a quirk. It's a wise way to hold a nation together.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump ran his campaign KNOWING he had to have more broad appeal NATIONWIDE. Clinton DID NOT. If he would have spent ALL his time in the major coastal cites and promised them the world his numbers would have been greater. Having MOST Americans vote for you ISN'T the winning playbook to become the President of the United States anyway and the electoral college isn't a quirk. It's a wise way to hold a nation together.

None of that changes the FACT that MOST AMERICANS didn't want Trump as President.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So neither of these two engaged in any condescending speech through the years? No belittling or as you would say attacks either? If you say no, sorry I don't buy it.
There's a difference between a little nudge nudge wink wink and outright attacks. Trump does this. As the Dothraki would say, "This is known."

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There's a difference between a little nudge nudge wink wink and outright attacks. Trump does this. As the Dothraki would say, "This is known."

And the point that someone would say Trump's behavior is OK because someone else probably did something unpleasant at some point is madness in the extreme. And besides, how bad a human is Angela Merkel that the man who can barely string a sentence together can call her stupid. She's got a DOCTORATE in Quantum Chemistry!!!! (I bet she really enjoyed Trump's musings on uranium!)

Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No you don't. The Right takes NOTHING with a grain of salt. They lose their collective minds over every jot and tittle of what the media says if it is not straight-up Trump worship.
Now, that is just downright hurtful! ^_^
Believe me when I tell you that you will surely miss him when he is no longer our president.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Now, that is just downright hurtful! ^_^
Well, I guess there is a right-wing version of a 'snowflake' - and it's Trump himself. He cries about every time the media shares some reality.

Believe me when I tell you that you will surely miss him when he is no longer our president.
I will celebrate by buying a nice top-shelf Single Malt like a 16 year old Lagavulin and sip gently if Joe is inaugurated. I get PTSD with every racist, anti-science, anti-medical, anti-climate, anti-pandemic, anti-reality deluded narcissistic thing Trump says. Just hearing his voice almost triggers a metallic taste in my mouth!

And, even as an Australian, I will feel safer. The fact that Trump can't take in security briefings does not make the world a safer place!

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then you will NEVER get that job in the Trump re-election campaign. Sorry.

I don't want to go to prison, so I can live with that.

Any strong-man leader will tell you the key is to ensure that the ONLY solution to EVERY problem is the dear leader himself. Trump is PROTECTING us from the scary Western Democracies by being besties with Putin. Trump is PROTECTING us from the Kurds by being besties with Erdogan. There's a lot of scary people out there and Trump knows who to align with.
At some point after all the failures at implementing those solutions you'd think his followers would realize they're being taken advantage of.

Upvote 0