West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
....as stated already, this ain't a debate forum.
as I have said before, the debate they don't want is being rude. Yeah, thats the stuff that is not allowed. You can't mock people here. It's ok that people are different. We need to embrace our differences and love each other despite our differences. (But since I feel you and the other user were trying to get me in trouble I won't be addressing any more of your posts, just message me anytime you want to talk about it further). I am merely trying to keep it on topic of the thread and not on a different topic about what constitutes debate. I already mentioned that numerous times, I won't devote any more pages to that topic in this thread. No offense sir, God bless you in your journeys! And whatever life holds for you! If you want to read past posts where I already talked about what constitutes debate see Here Here and Here

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as I have said before, the debate they don't want is being rude. Yeah, thats the stuff that is not allowed. You can't mock people here.
You need to read the statement of purpose for this forum again. It specifically states:
"Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the "My Two Cents Worth" forum."
It does not state "You can debate as lock as your aren't rude or mock people".

Seems like you want to be the one to make the rules here.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You need to read the statement of purpose for this forum again. It specifically states:
"Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the "My Two Cents Worth" forum."
It does not state "You can debate as lock as your aren't rude or mock people".

Seems like you want to be the one to make the rules here.
I appologize I am no longer replying to posts from your user, please understand, and thank you for your patience. God Bless you brother I wish you the best. See my last post I already updated it with previous three posts where I deal with that exact rule, God bless brother. I love you in our Lord and saviour.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys the whole purpose of Christian forums is for our unified edification, to encourage us. So have fun with it, don't try to catch other people in error, thats not fun. Enjoy the forums, ask 'what is God teaching me through these forums..." It's not about fighting but about fellowship. It's not debate but discourse, it's not arguing but finding things to agree on....

ok rant over....here is my joke of the day to lighten things up....it's a person with math phobia's worst nightmare entering heaven....enjoy...
person with math phobia wants to enter heaven.png

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
but you DON'T KNOW THAT HE IS GOD'S VESSEL, THAT IS THE POINT. But you have faith that He is God's chosen vessel for your congregation. Without proof. so what is the difference? Honestly. God says that if you are faithful with a few you will be leader over many. Mathew 25:23. so pretty please find one pastor that IS A PROVEN VESSEL OF GOD. Then we will make Him ruler over the nation. I will wait for you. If you can't find just one in all the world. Then you must admit that you were asking of an impossible thing, and that it should never have been a requirement. Again I will wait for all of this. Thanks for the debate I appreciate your willingness to debate politely and to take all this seriously without mocking it.

You are asking people to believe that your word on something is the word of God. You are saying that you speak for God. My pastor doesn't do that. He says to put faith in God. You say to put faith in you. You want us to trust that God is speaking through you.

Believers can speak to and listen to Christ on their own. We are to trust in God, not in man. My faith is in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are asking people to believe that your word on something is the word of God. You are saying that you speak for God. My pastor doesn't do that. He says to put faith in God. You say to put faith in you. You want us to trust that God is speaking through you.

Believers can speak to and listen to Christ on their own. We are to trust in God, not in man. My faith is in Jesus Christ.
your pastor does not speak for God? I am confused....I thought the Holy Spirit inside of us always testifies of Christ....John 15:26

we are all his 'royal priesthood." 1 peter 2:9

remember the office of leading the country, anyone can do that has the Holy spirit and the calling from God, I truly doubt it will be me. I offer myself as a vessel, and if God chooses to use me for this, I will obey, but for now I am just opening up a dialogue about it, working through misconceptions.

you keep going back to trusting, me alone.

And again no person in all of History has ever had to go through that qualification. God may answer your request for a sign. But usually God looks down on signs and proofs of God... MatThew 12:39 and his calling on people. When Jesus himself came they asked Him the exact same thing you are asking me, so I am glad that God thought myself worthy to go through a similar test that He himself did. That is awesome. But I am not sure I am in the place of God to give to everyone that asks, a 'sign.'

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
your pastor does not speak for God? I am confused....I thought the Holy Spirit inside of us always testifies of Christ....John 15:26

we are all his 'royal priesthood." 1 peter 2:9

remember the office of leading the country, anyone can do that has the Holy spirit and the calling from God, I truly doubt it will be me. I offer myself as a vessel, and if God chooses to use me for this, I will obey, but for now I am just opening up a dialogue about it, working through misconceptions.

you keep going back to trusting, me alone.

And again no person in all of History has ever had to go through that qualification. God may answer your request for a sign. But usually God looks down on signs and proofs of God... MatThew 12:39 and his calling on people. When Jesus himself came they asked Him the exact same thing you are asking me, so I am glad that God thought myself worthy to go through a similar test that He himself did. That is awesome. But I am not sure I am in the place of God to give to everyone that asks, a 'sign.'

You are asking people to put faith in you when you should be asking people to put faith in God. You keep saying that you are offering yourself as a vessel. Great. You should be telling people to do the same, not telling them to trust you because you have it covered.

You keep saying God will rule, but it keeps coming back to people trusting you, not God.

Here's the truth. God already rules. He's in control. We don't need a theocracy because He is already supreme over all. The very cosmos answer to His word. We already have Him. Instead of saying trust Him, you're saying trust you, and that's pretty much the antithesis of Christianity.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are asking people to put faith in you when you should be asking people to put faith in God. You keep saying that you are offering yourself as a vessel. Great. You should be telling people to do the same, not telling them to trust you because you have it covered.

Here's the truth. God already rules. He's in control. We don't need a theocracy because He is already supreme over all. The very cosmos answer to His word. We already have Him. Instead of saying trust Him, you're saying trust you, and that's pretty much the antithesis of Christianity.
I don't think I have been saying 'I got it covered." At all. If someone is more qualified, then we can have a debate in the theology section. As far as I know God want's someone who knows the Bible, not perfectly.....but He wants someone who won't try to do stuff like "burn witches" for example. Knowing the Bible is not hard, anyone can do it, and people in circles where I come from all know the Bible. So I am not alone. But it would also have to be someone who not only knows the Bible but who desires a theocracy. So far I haven't met anyone else who actually wants to legislate scripture the way I do. So instead of saying.....'ah well no one will do it, I put myself up there and say.....'here I am Lord send me." Isaiah 6:8

You keep saying God will rule, but it keeps coming back to people trusting you, not God.

Well again that is what this thread is I suppose. Ask any theological question you want, and we can go to that particular thread area and start a thread and we can debate it. But I am not trusting my self, I have at least two safeties to assure I don't make mistakes. I pray over everything, even the small stuff. And secondly we are not legislating any of mans existing creeds, ONLY SCRIPTURE. So no dogma of man will be allowed. At all. So my opinions or other people's oppinions will not be there not there. Even amongst policy it will be voted on by a board of 12 members.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review

Thread is Now

Permanently Closed
RV: SoP

The "My Two Cents Worth" Forum is a non-debate area for our Christian members to share advice with other Christian members. Christian advice is defined as advice which contains basic Christian principles that do not conflict with the site's Statement of Faith. Advice should be shared for the purpose of edifying and encouraging other Christian members.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.