How the Australian ABC shows Merc-gate (Russian Mercenaries paid to kill US soldiers)

eclipsenow

God cares about his creation as well as us.
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
Some really devastating points are made by my favourite ABC American politics show, "Planet America."

I've timed it to start at the start of Merc-Gate.
"I didn't read the report" sounds like a schoolboy claiming he didn't do his homework!
I hope you select a stronger Commander in Chief next time.

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I wish I had the distance the Australians do to just sit back, grab the popcorn, and watch this all in third person.

As it is for Americans themselves, I'm not sure whether this is a comedy or a horror. Perhaps it's a bit like MASH, a bit of both.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I wish I had the distance the Australians do to just sit back, grab the popcorn, and watch this all in third person.
I do enjoy sitting back and watching - but America's demise does also impact the Australian situation and dollar. Also, I'm getting PTSD every time I hear Donald's voice on our TV.

As it is for Americans themselves, I'm not sure whether this is a comedy or a horror. Perhaps it's a bit like MASH, a bit of both.
Oh MASH was such a great show!

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So let's just assume this was all true. Then what does it all mean. Does this mean you start WW3 right now and let the bombs start dropping? Is that what you'd want to see? Is that the thing that'd make you happy? And assuming again if any of this was true do you actually think throughout the history of the U.S. there hasn't been lots of things that have been classified that would SHOCK the nation if they knew about it?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So let's just assume this was all true. Then what does it all mean. Does this mean you start WW3 right now and let the bombs start dropping? Is that what you'd want to see? Is that the thing that'd make you happy? And assuming again if any of this was true do you actually think throughout the history of the U.S. there hasn't been lots of things that have been classified that would SHOCK the nation if they knew about it?
Perhaps if you calmed down for a few minutes and watched the rest of the show you would see there are a thousand other degrees before it gets to that. The two Aussies interview someone on this and what it means - it's not 0 to 100 in 2 seconds, OK?

What this means is obvious.
  • Your Commander In Chief is incompetent.
  • Your Commander in Chief embarrasses America not just domestically, but internationally, every time he lies to the public.
  • Later in Planet America they cover how he cosies up to tyrants and seems to treat even countries like us down here in Australia as if we were 'something on the bottom of his shoe'.
  • It's about time you replaced him.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So let's just assume this was all true. Then what does it all mean. Does this mean you start WW3 right now and let the bombs start dropping? Is that what you'd want to see?
No, I strongly doubt anyone is dumb enough to think that the only options are to totally ignore this attack on US troops or start an all out war. No idea who would fall for excuses and rationalization for Donald's weakness based on the premise that these are the only two options.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Perhaps if you calmed down for a few minutes and watched the rest of the show you would see there are a thousand other degrees before it gets to that.

Or rather I'm cool as a cucumber but have seen how ones against Trump would almost LIKE to see WW3 in order to claim the President jumps to the extremes?

The two Aussies interview someone on this and what it means - it's not 0 to 100 in 2 seconds, OK?

Sorry but I didn't watch your Aussie interview as I don't watch many from my own country either...which is not American. When I don't see even the slightest acknowledgement that there's not any other side to a story I usually conclude it to be mere propaganda.

• [*]Later in Planet America they cover how he cosies up to tyrants
    Cosies up with tyrants? LOL How so? Does he go on vacation with them? Exchange gifts at Christmas? Or is it merely because he periodilally talks to them in order to bring about peace or better deals for the U.S. and the World?
Americans and the American system will decide if that's necessary in a few months down the road. And if they don't do what you suggest then I guess it's towards them you have a beef. If they still want Trump then they want him simple as that.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
  • Cosies up with tyrants? LOL How so? Does he go on vacation with them? Exchange gifts at Christmas? Or is it merely because he periodilally talks to them in order to bring about peace or better deals for the U.S. and the World?

This can't be the first time you've heard about Trump's fawning over tyrants; it's been pointed out in these forums many times.

He denigrates democratic leaders and calls them weak, and praises tyrants and calls them strong. He repeatedly laments America not being as authoritarian, and openly wishes that it becomes more like them.

Trump thinks US should give "President for life" a shot (towards the end) - this also ties in to his repeated talk about breaking term limits and serving more than 2 terms, which he does at many of his rallies:

Trump said North Koreans love Kim Jong Un and he likes the "fervor" of North Korea in regards to Kim Jong Un. (just before the 5 minute mark in the interview)

President Trump sits down with George Stephanopoulos: TRANSCRIPT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
Some really devastating points are made by my favourite ABC American politics show, "Planet America."

"I didn't read the report" sounds like a schoolboy claiming he didn't do his homework!

Oh man! "Planet America"! LOL! I am going to take some time later today to watch the whole thing but I have to hand it to you folks in Aus, you appear to have nailed it! LOL

My wife has a friend who emigrated to Australia decades ago and her facebook feed is one of utter stunned amazement at what is happening to the nation of her birth.

...um, are you folks taking any applications for more migrants per chance?

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Well, one stop on the bus before it goes over the cliff completely is to get to the bottom of why Trump seems to give Putin a pass and deference so much. I think that would be very handy information to have prior to the November elections.

Trump has a troubling history with dictators in general and I'd like to know why. I had no plans to vote for him, but I'm hoping that in the light of what is really going on his supporters might reconsider.

(I'm also still so amazed after growing up in the 70's and 80's to see that it is ultimately the GOP that helps sell America out to the Russian bear. The irony is delicious but I still feel like I'm going to choke on that.)

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Cosies up with tyrants? LOL How so? Does he go on vacation with them? Exchange gifts at Christmas? Or is it merely because he periodilally talks to them in order to bring about peace or better deals for the U.S. and the World?

He "talks" to Putin, he insults, belittles and attacks our allies like Merkel and May. There's the difference.

Americans and the American system will decide if that's necessary in a few months down the road. And if they don't do what you suggest then I guess it's towards them you have a beef. If they still want Trump then they want him simple as that.

Remember: MOST AMERICANS DIDN'T VOTE FOR TRUMP. He was elected by a minority due to the quirk of our "electoral college".

So if someone tells you America WANTED Trump just remember that America DIDN'T want Trump.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, I strongly doubt anyone is dumb enough to think that the only options are to totally ignore this attack on US troops or start an all out war.

Then you will NEVER get that job in the Trump re-election campaign. Sorry.

No idea who would fall for excuses and rationalization for Donald's weakness based on the premise that these are the only two options.

Any strong-man leader will tell you the key is to ensure that the ONLY solution to EVERY problem is the dear leader himself. Trump is PROTECTING us from the scary Western Democracies by being besties with Putin. Trump is PROTECTING us from the Kurds by being besties with Erdogan. There's a lot of scary people out there and Trump knows who to align with.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, one stop on the bus before it goes over the cliff completely is to get to the bottom of why Trump seems to give Putin a pass and deference so much. I think that would be very handy information to have prior to the November elections.
Maybe it's not as complicated as you think. They just agree on how to do certain things. Like, for instance, like two people that happen to agree on the same washer and laundry detergent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

We have a problem with liberal media over here as well. They even say bad things about your land, but we take it with a grain of salt. :wave:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a problem with liberal media over here as well. They even say bad things about your land, but we take it with a grain of salt. :wave:
Sea salt, I'm sure.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it's not as complicated as you think. They just agree on how to do certain things. Like, for instance, two people that happen to agree on the same washer and laundry detergent.

That's kinda what I'm afraid of. I don't necessarily need to think Trump is somehow grossly financially compromised by his many deals in Russia but it is still scary that his "go-to" moves are tin-pot 101.

Same with his tweeting. He seems to default to retweets of white supremacist stuff. I don't know if he likes it or it just "feels normal" for him to hear "White Power" shouted in the videos and so he passes them along.

Trump is like a psychology textbook laid open. His motives don't appear to be strategically planned to be the wrong ones, he just sort of goes straight to it.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No you don't. The Right takes NOTHING with a grain of salt. They lose their collective minds over every jot and tittle of what the media says if it is not straight-up Trump worship.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Or rather I'm cool as a cucumber but have seen how ones against Trump would almost LIKE to see WW3 in order to claim the President jumps to the extremes?
I've not heard any Democrats calling for war over this - just a recognition that it happened and appropriate action be taken. They interview Danielle Pletka

about it in a fair and balanced discussion. They chose the most Republican friendly expert they could find - and even she spanks the 'ignore it or all out war' dichotomy you're positing.

Danielle Pletka is an American conservative commentator. She is a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), a conservative think tank, and the former vice president for foreign and defense policy at AEI. She concurrently holds the Andrew H. Siegal Professorship in American Middle Eastern Foreign Policy at Georgetown University's Center for Jewish Civilization. From 1992 to 2002, Pletka was a senior professional staff member at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, working for Republican Jesse Helms.
Danielle Pletka - Wikipedia

When I don't see even the slightest acknowledgement that there's not any other side to a story I usually conclude it to be mere propaganda.
Except that the following conversation looked at every possible rational hypothesis, side, angle, contingency, possibility, motivation, or fluke of circumstance. It was such a rounded conversation with Danielle I felt like shouting "What do YOU GUYS think happened?" at the TV.

He flatters and peacocks around them, then snobs Aussie Prime Ministers on the phone over some perceived sleight or insult.

Of course! I'm just discussing with Americans why they would want a Commander in Chief that can't remember important Security Briefs about a nuclear armed state paying terrorists to kill American soldiers. But hey, if that's just water under the bridge because Americans love a guy that speaks tough to African Americans, tough to SJW's, tough to Mexicans, tough to women (and crudely about women), tough to Australian Prime Ministers, tough to long time security allies like NATO - but then goes weak kneed and jellied with Putin who seems to have actually funded terrorists to kill American soldiers - then that's your business! As long as he's tough with everyone else except the situation that actually matters, America's on a winner, right? :oldthumbsup: :doh:

Upvote 0