Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
THE FULFILLMENT OF DANIEL 11, Part 2 of 2

3692 AM, 4402 JP, 312 BC

2563. Seleucus took with him 1000 foot soldiers from Ptolemy’s (as Appianus has it, for Diodorus says only 800.) and 200 cavalry. With so small a force he went to recover his government of the province of Babylon. When he came with them into Mesopotamia, he there dealt with the Macedonians he found living in Carran. He persuaded some to follow him, others he forced to go along with him in his journey. No sooner had he set foot within the territory of Babylon, then the inhabitants came flocking to him and offered him their service in the recovering of his government. Polyarchus also, who held some kind of office among them, came to him to receive his commands and brought 1000 armed troops to him. When those who sided with Antigonus knew of his popularity with the people, they all fled to the citadel which was commanded by Diphilus. Seleucus besieged it and took it by force. He released from there the children and friends of his that Antigonus had imprisoned when Seleucus had fled to Egypt for fear. When this was done, he started raising soldiers in the country. He bought horses and distributed them among those who were able to ride them. With all of them he behaved fairly and friendly. He secured their loyalty so they were all ready to risk any hazard with him. So for the third time he again recovered all his government of Babylon. (Diod. Sic. with Appian. in his Syriaca, p. 121.)

2564. Nicanor, whom Antigonus had made governor of the province of Media, marched against Seleucus with 10,000 foot soldiers and 7000 cavalry. Seleucus immediately went to meet him with a little more than 3000 foot soldiers and 400 cavalry. When he had crossed the Tigris River, he heard that the enemy was not far off. He hid his men in the marshes around there and planned to ambush Nicanor. When Nicanor came to the bank of the Tigris River, he could not find the enemy and camped near to a post house of the kings. Little did he think that the enemy was so near. The next night he was not even thinking about the enemy and did not post a proper military watch. Seleucus attacked him and raised a great tumult in his army. When the Persians started to fight back, Euager their general along with other commanders were killed. After this fight most of Nicanor’s army abandoned him and defected to Seleucus. They did not like the fix they were in nor did they care for Antigonus. Thereupon Nicanor feared what would happen next lest his soldiers turn him over to Seleucus. He stole away with some few of his friends, and fled home through the desert into Media again. (Diod. Sic.)

2565. When Seleucus had gotten this powerful army, he still behaved well toward all men and easily subdued the provinces of Media, Susa and the other bordering countries. He quickly sent Ptolemy word how he had regained his full regal power and majesty. (Diod. Sic. year 1. Olymp. 117.) Based on this, Eusebius counts this as the first year of Seleucus’ reign. All note that the Edesseni begin their epoch here. The story of the Maccabees’ account of the Greek reign begins here. Without a doubt this is from the autumn of this very year, that is, from September or October of the year 4402 JP (years from creation). Starting at that time, the writer of the second book of Maccabees calculates his Greek years, and the Jews there, “eram Contractium”, i.e. “their account of Contracts”, and those of Edessa, and other Syrians, in their “Epoch of the Seleucian Kingdom”, and the Arabians, “the years of Alexander Dehiplarnain”, as they call them. Yet the writer of the first book of Maccabees begins his account of the Greek year, from the previous spring to this autumn and Ptolemy of Alexandria, in his great Syntaxis begins his Chaldean account from the next spring.

Seleucus recaptured Babylon from Antigonus in 312 BC and began establishing the Seleucid Kingdom

Annals of the World record 2746 confirms that Seleucus was the Prince that grew in strength with Ptolemy, who was the king of the South, while he took refuge in Egypt and after he recaptured Babylon, his dominion grew greater and he ascended over King Ptolemy, the King of the South when the historian Arrian concludes that Seleucus was the greatest man that lived after Alexander the Great and that he had the most noble spirit and the largest dominion of all others.

The Seleucid Empire grew greater in domain and dominion than the Ptolemic Empire as described in Dan 11:5

3724 AM, 4434 JP, 280 BC

2746. Arrian tells us that Seleucus was the greatest man that lived after Alexander the Great and had the most noble spirit of all the rest. He had the largest dominions of all others. (l. de Reb. Alexand.) He died in the 43rd year after the death of Alexander, the 32nd year of the Greek or Seleucian Calendar. Appian said he lived 73 years but Justin says 78 years. His body was buried by Philetaerus the king of Pergamus, which he redeemed from Ceraunus with a great sum of money. After he had buried it in a most solemn manner, he sent his ashes to his son Antiochus. He burned it in Seleucia which stands on the sea coast. He built a shrine to his tomb which was called Nicatorium after his surname. (Appian, in Syriac. p. 129.) Justin tells us that both he, his sons and grand children after him, were all born with the sign of an anchor on one of their thighs. This was a natural birthmark of that family. (l. 15. c. 4.) Ausonius in his book “de Claris Urbius”, that is, “of famous cities”, spoke of Antioch and said: (l. 2.) –Illa Selucum. &c. She for her founder did Seleucus praise, Who ware a native anchor in his thigh; A true impress of his nativity, And cognizance on all his progeny.

The king of the North was probably first fulfilled by the Roman Empire and then followed by England.

After Egypt the king of the South was most likely fulfilled by Saudi Arabia when Mohammed started the Islamic religion and subsequent Islamic rulers set out on Islamic Crusades and conquered North Africa, part of the Middle East and part of Europe.

Some of the wars between the Roman/Byzantine Empires and Islam most likely fulfilled some of the earlier wars described in Dan 11 between the king of the North and the King of the South.

According to William Branham's visions, which I posted below Russia is the current king of the North.

1933 Seven Visions by William Branham
(Concerning Endtime Events From 1933 to The End)

The first vision was that Mussolini would invade Ethiopia and that nation would "fall at his steps". That vision surely did cause some repercussions, and some were very angry when I said it and would not believe it. But it happened that way. He just walked in there with his modern arms and took over. The natives didn't have a chance. But the vision also said that Mussolini would come to a horrible end with his own people turning on him. That came to pass just exactly as it was said.

The next vision foretold that an Austrian by the name of Adolph Hitler would rise up as dictator over Germany, and that he would draw the world into war. It showed the Siegfried line and how our troops would have a terrible time to overcome it. Then it showed that Hitler would come to a mysterious end.

The third vision was in the realm of world politics for it showed me that there would be three great ISMS, Fascism, Nazism, Communism, but that the first two would be swallowed up into the third. The voice admonished, "WATCH RUSSIA, WATCH RUSSIA. Keep your eye on the King of the North."

The fourth vision showed the great advances in science that would come after the Second World War. It was headed up in the vision of a plastic bubble-topped car that was running down beautiful highways under remote control so that people appeared seated in this car without a steering wheel and they were playing some sort of a game to amuse themselves.

The fifth vision had to do with the moral problem of our age, centering mostly around women. God showed me that women began to be out of their place with the granting of the vote. Then they cut off their hair, which signified that they were no longer under the authority of a man but insisted on either equal rights, or in most cases, more than equal rights. She adopted men's clothing and went into a state of undress, until the last picture I saw was a woman naked except for a little fig leaf type apron. With this vision I saw the terrible perversion and moral plight of the whole world.

Then in the sixth vision there arose up in America a most beautiful, but cruel woman. She held the people in her complete power

The last and seventh vision was wherein I heard a most terrible explosion. As I turned to look I saw nothing but debris, craters, and smoke all over the land of America. (This is Ocasio Cortez)

I am in agreement with other believers that Saudi Arabia is the current king of the South.

The Soviet-Afghan War, in which Saudi Arabia was the main organizer of the Muslim Militia that pushed the invading Russians out of Afghanistan was most likely the fulfillment of one of the wars described in Dan 11.

The Progressive USA/ Sunni Saudi Arabia orchestrated attempt to overthrow Assad and install a Sunni Muslim Brotherhood government in Syria in which Russia and Iran successfully defended Assad is an instance when the King of the South Saudi Arabia and it’s proxies attempted to expand it’s realm into the realm of the king of the North, Russia and it’s allies Syria and Iran.

Iran’s attempt to take control of Yemen through the Shiite Houthis in Yemen is an instance when the king of north, Russia and it’s ally, Iran is attempting to seize control of Yemen, which is located right at the door step of the king of the South, Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi attempt to take control of Syria and and Iran’s attempt take control of Yemen are most likely part of the fulfillment of the wars described in Dan 11, which lead up to the rising of the Antichrist.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
T

According to William Branham's visions, which I posted below Russia is the current king of the North.

1933 Seven Visions by William Branham
(Concerning Endtime Events From 1933 to The End)

The first vision was that Mussolini would invade Ethiopia and that nation would "fall at his steps". That vision surely did cause some repercussions, and some were very angry when I said it and would not believe it. But it happened that way. He just walked in there with his modern arms and took over. The natives didn't have a chance. But the vision also said that Mussolini would come to a horrible end with his own people turning on him. That came to pass just exactly as it was said.

The next vision foretold that an Austrian by the name of Adolph Hitler would rise up as dictator over Germany, and that he would draw the world into war. It showed the Siegfried line and how our troops would have a terrible time to overcome it. Then it showed that Hitler would come to a mysterious end.

The third vision was in the realm of world politics for it showed me that there would be three great ISMS, Fascism, Nazism, Communism, but that the first two would be swallowed up into the third. The voice admonished, "WATCH RUSSIA, WATCH RUSSIA. Keep your eye on the King of the North."

The fourth vision showed the great advances in science that would come after the Second World War. It was headed up in the vision of a plastic bubble-topped car that was running down beautiful highways under remote control so that people appeared seated in this car without a steering wheel and they were playing some sort of a game to amuse themselves.

The fifth vision had to do with the moral problem of our age, centering mostly around women. God showed me that women began to be out of their place with the granting of the vote. Then they cut off their hair, which signified that they were no longer under the authority of a man but insisted on either equal rights, or in most cases, more than equal rights. She adopted men's clothing and went into a state of undress, until the last picture I saw was a woman naked except for a little fig leaf type apron. With this vision I saw the terrible perversion and moral plight of the whole world.

Then in the sixth vision there arose up in America a most beautiful, but cruel woman. She held the people in her complete power

The last and seventh vision was wherein I heard a most terrible explosion. As I turned to look I saw nothing but debris, craters, and smoke all over the land of America. (This is Ocasio Cortez)

I am in agreement with other believers that Saudi Arabia is the current king of the South.
I find Brannan's 7 Visions very interesting and possibly true. David Wilkerson gave a similar outcome to America in his visions. The US was a Great harlot, like the Great harlot of Rev 17, and the US would be destroyed by Russia and attacked by others.

I also can accept that Russia is *a* King of the North, but not THE King of the North, per Dan 11. I wrote and told D. Wilkerson that I couldn't accept all his visions because I knew the Bible and the US is not THE Great harlot of Rev 17. The Great harlot is defined as Rome.

But Wilkerson wrote back and said he wasn't exactly aligning the US with THE Great harlot, but only declaring that the US was *a* Great harlot, akin to Rev 17. In other words, he wasn't being theological, but only relaying a vision. In reality, the US is indeed an extension of the ancient Roman/European culture. But the US is *not* Rome, or the heart of Europe.

I can accept this, both for the US being a Great harlot akin to Rev 17 and for Russia being *a* King of the North, similar to the Syrian "King of the North" per Dan 11. In this I'm *not* trying to depreciate the visions, but only setting the biblical record straight in the theological sense. The visions very much concern me! I think they may be accurate!

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
prelu to armageddon.jpg

Upvote 0

jamesalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
✟11,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find Brannan's 7 Visions very interesting and possibly true. David Wilkerson gave a similar outcome to America in his visions. The US was a Great harlot, like the Great harlot of Rev 17, and the US would be destroyed by Russia and attacked by others.

I also can accept that Russia is *a* King of the North, but not THE King of the North, per Dan 11. I wrote and told D. Wilkerson that I couldn't accept all his visions because I knew the Bible and the US is not THE Great harlot of Rev 17. The Great harlot is defined as Rome.

But Wilkerson wrote back and said he wasn't exactly aligning the US with THE Great harlot, but only declaring that the US was *a* Great harlot, akin to Rev 17. In other words, he wasn't being theological, but only relaying a vision. In reality, the US is indeed an extension of the ancient Roman/European culture. But the US is *not* Rome, or the heart of Europe.

I can accept this, both for the US being a Great harlot akin to Rev 17 and for Russia being *a* King of the North, similar to the Syrian "King of the North" per Dan 11. In this I'm *not* trying to depreciate the visions, but only setting the biblical record straight in the theological sense. The visions very much concern me! I think they may be accurate!
When you understand the scriptures correctly you will see that you are wrong on both accounts. David
Wilkerson, saw a dream and apparently did not connect it with the scriptures. I talked to patrons of David's church and they didn't have a clue that the US is the fulfillment of Babylon the great, which confirms that he did not make the connection. I was taught by the Holy Spirit while I was studying the scriptures and Jesus reinforced that the US is the fulfillment of Babylon the great and sent me out to tell whoever will listen through a vision coupled with my being led by the Holy Spirit immediately afterwards, which ended with a remarkable confirmation. I will post my testimony soon. All of William Branham's dreams were from Jesus. However, his teachings that the seven churches were different ages and that Satan had sex with a woman and started the lineage of the unsaved are both wrong.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Typical Premillennial Predication based on erroneous interpretation. Not going to happen. You are looking at the wrong Israel and the wrong kings of the earth/south/east, etc., Dougg! :)

The apostasy and consequent judgment on the church is a prelude to the final judgment when the books are opened. Just as the nation of Israel in its foolishness thought it could never happen to them, so also the New Testament congregation is under the same delusion that it cannot fall. Yet it is written, Judgment begins at God's house. Not in the Middle Eastern land!

Ezekiel 9:6

• "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house."
There is nothing new under the sun saith the Preacher. Judgment must begin at the house of God, and the world's is not far behind. But Christians are so wrapped up in everyday affairs of this life, possessions, and politics, that they neglect their first love and abandon their real commission. Which isn't to save the world (an impossibility) but to preach the gospel that some (the elect) might hear and be drawn. So many are offended at the truth at every turn, and reject God's word in favor of man's plans. Many so filled with anger, hypocrisy, hate and pride that they can't see the trees for the forest. With their eyes on houses, lusts, taxes, politics, nations, rulers, possessions and the pleasures of this earth they forget about the reason that they were redeemed, and the obligation of their stewardship. These are the nations that are at war with, are offended by, and that destroy Jerusalem. It's not Russia, it's not North Korea, not China, it is not "antichrist's Europe". It is the kings of the earth who are the wicked ruling and reigning within the New Testament church. And judgment begins there! Not according to your map!

1st Peter 4:16-18
  • "Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
  • For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
  • And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
Indeed, Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice, and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigneth (1st Chronicles 16:31).

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Typical Premillennial Predication based on erroneous interpretation. Not going to happen. You are looking at the wrong Israel and the wrong kings of the earth/south/east, etc., Dougg! :)

It's not Russia, it's not North Korea, not China, it is not "antichrist's Europe". It is the kings of the earth who are the wicked ruling and reigning within the New Testament church. And judgment begins there! Not according to your map!
What geographic location does Jesus return to according to Acts 1 and Zechariah 14 ?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What geographic location does Jesus return to according to Acts 1 and Zechariah 14 ?

I'm sure not sufficiently to your satisfaction, but would it really matter to someone who already has their mind made up and refuses to be confused by the Biblical "facts?"

The Scriptures say clearly He that fought against the nations was the Lord, and on that day His feet would stand upon the mount of Olives before Jerusalem. This was Christ at His first advent.

Matthew 21:1

• "And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,"
Matthew 24:3
  • "And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

Christ made His triumphant Entry AS KING into Jerusalem from the mount of Olives. Surely you don't believe this is all coincidence? Their King had come, He did fulfill Scripture, He did rule from Jerusalem, and everlasting waters did flow from the cross for the world through His Church. It's not a future occurrence, it is Done!

Upvote 0

jamesalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
✟11,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing new under the sun saith the Preacher. Judgment must begin at the house of God, and the world's is not far behind. But Christians are so wrapped up in everyday affairs of this life, possessions, and politics, that they neglect their first love and abandon their real commission. Which isn't to save the world (an impossibility) but to preach the gospel that some (the elect) might hear and be drawn. So many are offended at the truth at every turn, and reject God's word in favor of man's plans.
As we move closer to the end everyone teaching false fulfillments of the end times will either be refined or purged (Dan. 11, 12) because it will become so apparent that they are lying that Jesus will have to purge them in order to stop them from keeping the lost from believing. Both teaching the truth about the end times and sharing the gospel will play a large part in saving the lost as we move closer to the end times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums