Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
If ever there was a perfect sentence to summarize the depths to which the Republican Party has fallen it would be this from your op:

The hearings were boring and complicated.”

Fun fact, exactly the same things were said during the early Watergate hearings.

"Boring and complicated" is just another way of saying they either don't have the brains or they are too lazy to apply themselves to the details.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Holding an impeachment hearing with so many crucial witnesses prohibited from testifying and so many subpoenaed documents withheld by the DOJ gave the House Intelligence Committee a difficult job--somewhat like baking bread without flour or yeast.

While this will most likely be part of an obstruction charge of the impeachment (and rightfully so) it gives Republicans the opportunity to say there is "no" evidence. Now let's be logical.

If any of the no-show witnesses or withheld material were able to clear Trump they would not have been withheld or absent. The only logical thing to do is concur that they would add to the already high mountain of evidence against Trump.

I know already that the two Senators who, extremely imperfectly, "represent" my state will vote to acquit. They had their minds made up on November 9, 2016, and will ignore all the testimony presented in the Senate.

The hearings and trial will be for the "real" jury--the voters. Like the two Senators who represent my state (not me), there are approximately 40% of voters who, as Trump once said, would let him shoot people on Fifth Avenue and still be supportive (and if he is not held accountable for his misdeeds soon, that could happen). That number has not grown, no matter what has happened. All we need is for ALL the voters to show up next November, especially the younger voters, who are 24% Republican and very strongly supportive of impeachment and removal from office.

While I would like to think that the Congressman and Senators in my state who are my representatives-in-name-only would look at the evidence with open minds, experience teaches me otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you seen the latest?
71u8VKAEO4L._UX679_.jpg
I prefer my hat. At least it's in touch with reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump blocked people from testifying after Democrats supboenaed them. Why do people think the Democrats, not Trump, prevented them from testifying when all signs point the other way?
Because truth and fact no longer mater

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And time. House Representatives had so much business to do to make America better before July 25. That is all put on hold, thanks to nobody but the President.
Frankly, I think we are better off when congress does nothing

• Winner
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth and fact are the only things that matter. And we know what they are.
So many of Trumps claims have been debunked by facts, yet he and the repubs continue to spout them.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you want a lawless land?
If congress stopped passing laws we would not be a lawless land. Have you seen the inside of a law library? And when was the last time congress did anything right?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If congress stopped passing laws we would not be a lawless land. Have you seen the inside of a law library? And when was the last time congress did anything right?

Laws are made by Congress. So yes, it would be a lawless land. Simple American government lessons.

Upvote 0