• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How not to feel guilty with chronic pain

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gotta love you be still, ha ha!

yes, laughing is healing-did peeps know this?

It releases endorphins, which makes us feel better, at least for a time.

does anyone know if its a few hours?
Some days I'll watch comedy more than other days, from YouTube, on to TV, through my Roku player, which is free. My favorite Ministers, Preachers, Teachers alive and gone home are also on YouTube. Who is peeps?

• Haha
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hey, just heard this on radio Klove, that there is a movie service online that is just like Netflix, but it's all Christian!

I'm so happy!!

It's for free for one month right now and then its only 8 dollars afterwards.

looks like a reallly good investment for those of us who are at home healing and need to watch something inspiring.

Its called pureflix.
I'll check it out.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I get this. Its a work ethic that dies hard in our minds. I still work with all my physical issues but I know sooner or later I will lose the battle and not be able to work. Its hard to go from taking care of business at work and around the house to doing only what you can tolerate. It doesn't help when ppl who don't understand the struggle add to the load with poorly placed comments.

You can only do what you can do and if you over do it then you can cause yourself more unnecessary pain and limitations.

Upvote 0

julioalmeda219

Mar 13, 2017
Argentina
✟15,564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suffer from fibromyalgia, plus a very bad back. Most of the time my pain and fatigue is low, but it doesn't take much to upset the system.

Artrosis - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

http://curandotuartrosis.com

Some days I just don't do as much, I may sleep a little extra, I may put off what needs to be done until tomorrow, I take breaks, etc. My question is, sometimes I feel guilty about being (feeling) lazy in the eyes of God. Am I to push through the pain and fatigue or seriously take my time, be easier on my life due to this? I can't be a hard working woman all day, I can't be the bread winner, or even work at that. I don't know why I have this attitude that I need to suck it up and keep pushing, maybe it's due to the "world" saying if you sleep a little more, take breaks, don't work your butt off, your considered lazy.
I sometimes have to pamper myself, and I just feel it's selfish...even though it's for my fibro. Please help me understand God is not giving me the evil eye and saying, ah you didn't do this, this and this, you sluggard. (and honestly at the time I know he is not like this, but in the down times, I think about it)
Sometimes when I need to rest I say, God, I am so tired, I just need to lay down for a little bit. lol.

I was a go getter at work. I was a RN, working on a busy floor. I was so obsessed with gotta get it done, go, go, go. If I didn't have certain things done at a certain time, I would get panicky. I hated to be behind. Even in nursing school I had always finished first and had to help others with their patients. lol. Maybe this fibro is a way to slow me down. I have no clue.

Thanks for your advise
lilk

Did you try a new diet? Eating more fruits and veggies is helping me a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
This has become a problem for me again. Last week I had a really bad flare up in my back. I missed three days of work, and I've been put on light duty by my doctor. I returned to work today for only a six hour shift, and the pain was almost unbearable. I wasn't much help at all. I'm dreading tomorrow, but I have to have an income.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums