How many on here called to be celibate?

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Not so much by my own will but because I'm on the autism spectrum and have so much baggage, I think it's best I stay out of dating lest I hurt anyone or have people hurt me. I don't know if I will ever recover from my harsh childhood or the complications of my disability.

Marriage and relationships are indeed things I WANT to do, it's just not something I CAN do.

I don't know about that... There are a lot of women out there who are VERY intelligent emotionally. I wouldn't put limitations on yourself or the idea of meeting someone who sees deep into your soul and understands the international language of love (I say that, because it isn't all Shakespearean romance. Love is spoken in millions of different languages.)

You have a lot to offer, actually.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no desire to date or get to know anyone and I quite like my freedom. I love being single and I love taking that time to just focus on God. It’s what makes me happiest.

I agree. I’ve been attracted by different aspects of singleness. Right now, it’s the absence of cares that I appreciate. I understand Paul’s words.

And freedom is sweet. Real sweet. ;-)

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2019
Los Angeles
✟15,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
In a way my learning is very involved that I see no time to do otherwise and a other thing I am unemployed so that is must cases is a no go for most people in romantic dating. I am thinking that is the best life for me right now but this thinking may change in the future because God can throw curveball in my plans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe I am being called to be celibate and not date or marry. I am in my thirties never had a girlfriend and don’t have a interest to have a romantic relationship. I am called to be a man of God with no distractions and focus my life in Jesus name.

Didn't Tampasteve just close down a thread of the exact same topic?

See: How many singles are staying celebate?

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never dated outside of a couple of online relationships with women at CF. I'd like romance and such, but have doubted for some time that it will ever happen for me.

You only dated women in these here message boards? Can you not find anyone locally?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums