• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How many on here called to be celibate?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Blessed Introvert, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

1. Blessed Introvert

Blessed Introvert New Member

+8
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I believe I am being called to be celibate and not date or marry. I am in my thirties never had a girlfriend and don’t have a interest to have a romantic relationship. I am called to be a man of God with no distractions and focus my life in Jesus name.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. THE W

THE W AFRIKANB0T

+2,241
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    have fun..

3. Blessed Introvert

+8
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Thanks. God is good.

4. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) a social experiment

+3,735
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    time will tell

5. sea5763

sea5763 Well-Known Member

+450
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I want a husband someday but if it doesn’t happen I’m planning on staying celibate

6. Blessed Introvert

+8
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Yes, God knows everything.

7. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+581
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I never knew if I was called to be celibate, but here I am, and 65 yrs old. In times past I had a desire for a marriage relationship, but because of various issues I ended up burying my life in work and church involvement, and just never found a woman I could live with. Now it seems I'm just too old to care about it.
    TD:)

8. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+5,908
    Christian
    So how are you using your time for God? I know I was not called to be celibate but find myself in that state now. I am working hard to let go of that desire and use my time wisely instead of feeling lonely.

9. Blessed Introvert

+8
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I have time to build a foundation on the rock. I also have time to listen to worship music and sermons.

10. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member

+1,576
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I’m not called to celibacy. But I’m in a season where I am able to focus on my calling without distractions and cares. It took a long time before I understood Paul’s words and he’s correct. It’s a different reality.

I don’t know how long the season will last but I’m enjoying it while its here. And in no rush to change it. I’m trying to keep an open mind. I may meet someone.

11. Blessed Introvert

+8
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    God is good if you are to remain single or marry, God still remains faithful to provide for you in your life.

12. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+5,908
    Christian
    That He is. Life isn't about my happiness. However, my happiness can come from serving others....like I once served my husband. But dinner doesn't have to be on the table at a certain time, I don't need to be home to greet him when he gets off work, and I don't have to check with him before committing my time or money.

13. Blessed Introvert

+8
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Too be honest I find that I am more comfortable around married people then other singles.

14. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Jedi Apprentice

+2,978
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Me, until I get married. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Multifavs

Multifavs Christian Sonic Fan Supporter

+7,355
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    I think I am called to celibacy; I've never dated or had any interest in romance, and that's okay with me.

16. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,496
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I've never dated outside of a couple of online relationships with women at CF. I'd like romance and such, but have doubted for some time that it will ever happen for me.

17. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees fan Supporter

+3,173
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    I don't think I'm called to be celibate. Just so happen to be for now. Peace in Christ.

18. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+581
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Because it is safe for you psychologically? The door to romance is closed so there is no fear of intrusion in your "safe space"? (that may have been an issue for me as well). I also find not much to talk about at singles parties, because of not much in common, and is the reason I avoid parties.
    TD:)

19. Sir Robbins

Sir Robbins Looking for peanut butter

+204
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    US-Libertarian
    I’m only turning 30 and am too old to care. Lol

I don’t think I was called to celibacy but I’ve chosen it due to circumstances and “other” things. I too burry myself in work and hobbies so it really doesn’t bother me

20. leothelioness

leothelioness Well-Known Member

+4,021
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I believe I am called to be celibate, even if only for now. I have no desire to date or get to know anyone and I quite like my freedom. I love being single and I love taking that time to just focus on God. It’s what makes me happiest.

That said, though, who knows what God has planned for the future?