How has your life changed because of Coronavirus?

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not go out anymore. No library... no church. Its quite sad actually. Heck, I do not even go out to the store. The most "out" I go is on the patio.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I work in the trade show industry as a video engineer and videographer. I lost 100% of my work through July this far.... We were the first industry to get hit by this virus. I had multiple shows cancel in early march leaving me jobless so I applied for a job for the first time in YEARS that had nothing to do with my profession. Never thought I'd fill out a job app the rest of my life. Been self employed for years freelancing and now I am going back to a world I swore I'd leave behind till the day I die.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some of my voluntary work - hospital chaplaincy - has been stopped. Other work - the Samaritans - continues; in fact I am doing even more shifts to cover for those who are/have to self isolate.
Some hospital patient beds have telephones and I can see that some respectful administrators might arrange for chaplaincy/hospital visitor services to be available by telephone.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some hospital patient beds have telephones and I can see that some respectful administrators might arrange for chaplaincy/hospital visitor services to be available by telephone.

The paid chaplains still go in, but all voluntary work has been stopped.
All charity shops closed a while ago and, from tonight, all non food shops are closed.

We can only go out now for essential work, to help or give care to others, to get medical help or for exercise.

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m in self-isolation. I haven’t left my house in over a week, it’s not looking like I’ll leave anytime soon. Food comes from Schwan’s, non-perishable supplies from Amazon, anything else I don’t need. Kids are doing remote learning which takes up 100% of my time between 7 and 4, I roll into bed exhausted and get up and do it all again the next day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cant work and am waiting for my employer to find out how and if they can provide the 80% pay yhe UK government are offering. My wife is self employed and can only do minimal work, there is early indications that 80% of income will be applied to self employed as well. That wont provide for luxuries but should get us through with a little top up fro savings.

I have a multigym, treadmill, exercise bike and punch bag in my garage so sorted for exercise. Never been more thankful for that. My routine includes listening to the bible while exercising so good for spirit and body.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m working from home. Finished grading my midterms yesterday. I will have to stop by the office to scan them and email them back to my students. All upcoming classes will be taught online which will take some getting used to. I have been spending more time talking to my kitties. Thus far they haven’t been talking back.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FeaturedHow has your life changed because of Coronavirus?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A lot of extra time for me to be
kissing the MountainLady and goats.

Good thing that we are all older now
because, many babies
would be on their way.

For the younger couples
at our Church
I'm sure all are pregnant by now?

This afternoon I know
what we can do,
a little more popcorn and icecream
and a whole lot of you.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For the younger couples
at our Church
I'm sure all are pregnant by now?

I heard the other day that they are expecting both the pregnancy rate and the divorce rate to increase because so many are staying home.

You take good care of yourself Mountainman!

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Parishes have been closed by the Archbishop so no mass. Libraries are closed. My daughter might have it (she's healthy, 39 - even when she had a high-risk pregnancy with twins 2 years ago no complications at all), but at least no-one else in her family have it. So I can't see my grandchildren (I usually take care of the twins while their mom is working a few afternoons/week). The teens are super bored with online school and not being able to see their friends. Video chats are just frustrating since you want to hug them all the more. I'm depressed. I don't have much of a life anyway and that's even gone - except you guys. I love coming here. I'm at the high-risk age but healthy from all the dangerous areas. Besides, if He wants me, that's the way it will be and if He doesn't, that's the way it'll be. I'm careful but not panicked at all. I do wish the stores had TP, everything else is stocked back up.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It seems the pace at which things are changing, and life is being affected, is picking up here.

I live in a house provided by the parish, but my husband and I own (well, have a mortgage on) a townhouse so we'll have somewhere to live when I retire. We have a tenant in it; but that tenant has just lost their job and won't be able to pay their usual rate of rent. We've agreed to cut their rent in half for the time being, but we'll feel it...

Upvote 0