How has your life changed because of Coronavirus?

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I cannot go to the gym so I have to do home exercises, my classes are online and I have not seem my friends.
Very little has changed for me ( with the exception of my sister being home and my special needs camp programs being canceled as I am disabled and do not go out a whole lot anywhere.

• Prayers
Reactions: BlessedBlythe
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Very little has changed for me ( with the exception of my sister being home and my special needs camp programs being canceled as I am disabled and do not go out a whole lot anywhere.
Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot go to the gym so I have to do home exercises, my classes are online and I have not seem my friends.
Very little. I had three clients cancel this week because of COVID-related worries and only one of them seems to have any merit (he was traveling and may have been exposed). An additional two sessions were conducted over the telephone. Otherwise I have conducted work as usual despite nearly all of my peers moving to video interactions. I may move that direction but I believe modeling normalcy is important for my clients. Correspondence has been provided informing them of various protocols (for both client and provider) and each has been availed the choice to not meet, meet in person, or meet online and the majority have chosen to continue things as usual. Most have expressed appreciation for the opportunity to do so.

I haven't gone to the gym, either but I have a set of weights, a treadmill, a stationary bike, and Pilates machine at home. My wife the group fitness instructor, however, is not working. SHe could do individual sessions but has chosen to take a vacation. The house is getting cleaned more thoroughly and I'm gettinga an extra Pilates workout or two in ;). My adults kids are also home, but they were home most of the time any way because most of their courses are online this semester. I suppose my biggest change is the absence of church services and other group meetings. An extra hour to sleep in and a few added hours to work in the yard.

In case it's not obvious, I'm not a person normally prone to worry over epidemics that aren't yet epidemics.

I eat a protein-laden keto kind of diet after having recently lost 60 pounds. I eggs daily for breakfast. Went to the grocery stores inmy neighborhood and found the shelves for eggs, bread, meat, and cleaning supplies empty. Oddly enough, I went to the grocery store near my office (about 15 miles away) and they were still out of eggs but they had bread and plenty of meat. Odd.

Some things have changed, but not much and one thing that hasn't changed is my cool :cool:. Don't fret over what you can't change.

Matthew 6:25-34
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I'm age 61, and I have a pulmonary defect. If I get COVID I'll probably die, not just get sick.

I know where I'm going :D.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Very little really. I have bought a workout DVD and this morning participated in a dance class remotely as well. Tomorrow I will go for a walk in a local park and hopefully play a game of tennis too. The workout was just what I needed really. Yesterday I did some weeding. I will miss going to church events and the weekly service however along with road trips to other churches.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
As I live reasonably isolated anyway and spend my time in the countryside taking pictures in isolated spots, not much has changed. I however do miss grabbing some fast food when out on the road isolated in my vehicle.
That’s the life that I want, off the beaten path! Not for this virus just in general.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing!
I have not been to a store in about a week. I ordered staples online. Have been reading testimonies about what the disease is like. Sick for weeks, unable to breath, high fever, needing oxygen, medical bills. Going to a hospital and being turned away. No coronavirus testing available. They want you to stay at home.

In northern Italy the hospitals are full of coronavirus patients. Other treatments are postponed. They were setting up military hospital tents like on the 70’s show MASH.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Staff Edit)

It killed a 21 year old soccer coach. It hit people over 60 the hardest. People in their 80’s are more likely to die of it than people in their 40’s. Some in their 40’s needed intensive care and ventilators. 80% did not need hospitalization. 5% needed intensive care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It all depends on underlying conditions, but more recently in following cases abroad there may also be a dna predisposition to it also. Consider the case of a wedding in Italy. One side of the family came down with it hard and had five deaths. The other side never contracted it. Same wedding, same contacts. Is it possible for a virus to target only certain types of dna or is it usually less discerning. Time will tell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Very little. I had three clients cancel this week because of COVID-related worries and only one of them seems to have any merit (he was traveling and may have been exposed). An additional two sessions were conducted over the telephone. Otherwise I have conducted work as usual despite nearly all of my peers moving to video interactions. I may move that direction but I believe modeling normalcy is important for my clients. Correspondence has been provided informing them of various protocols (for both client and provider) and each has been availed the choice to not meet, meet in person, or meet online and the majority have chosen to continue things as usual. Most have expressed appreciation for the opportunity to do so.

I haven't gone to the gym, either but I have a set of weights, a treadmill, a stationary bike, and Pilates machine at home. My wife the group fitness instructor, however, is not working. SHe could do individual sessions but has chosen to take a vacation. The house is getting cleaned more thoroughly and I'm gettinga an extra Pilates workout or two in ;). My adults kids are also home, but they were home most of the time any way because most of their courses are online this semester. I suppose my biggest change is the absence of church services and other group meetings. An extra hour to sleep in and a few added hours to work in the yard.

In case it's not obvious, I'm not a person normally prone to worry over epidemics that aren't yet epidemics.

I eat a protein-laden keto kind of diet after having recently lost 60 pounds. I eggs daily for breakfast. Went to the grocery stores inmy neighborhood and found the shelves for eggs, bread, meat, and cleaning supplies empty. Oddly enough, I went to the grocery store near my office (about 15 miles away) and they were still out of eggs but they had bread and plenty of meat. Odd.

Some things have changed, but not much and one thing that hasn't changed is my cool :cool:. Don't fret over what you can't change.

Matthew 6:25-34
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I'm age 61, and I have a pulmonary defect. If I get COVID I'll probably die, not just get sick.

I know where I'm going :D.
Be careful!

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Very little really. I have bought a workout DVD and this morning participated in a dance class remotely as well. Tomorrow I will go for a walk in a local park and hopefully play a game of tennis too. The workout was just what I needed really. Yesterday I did some weeding. I will miss going to church events and the weekly service however along with road trips to other churches.
I thought you weren’t allowed to go out in the UK

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have not been to a store in about a week. I ordered staples online. Have been reading testimonies about what the disease is like. Sick for weeks, unable to breath, high fever, needing oxygen, medical bills. Going to a hospital and being turned away. No coronavirus testing available. They want you to stay at home.

In northern Italy the hospitals are full of coronavirus patients. Other treatments are postponed. They were setting up military hospital tents like on the 70’s show MASH.
Yeah, I don’t want to get sick either

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For me, i only go out once a day, go to my fav tree, and then run around for a bit before going back home
You do realize others of your kind are also susceptible to the wu-flu (and cats but you don't care) and you don't know who else has been sharing your tree, allowing you to bring the virus home.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,242.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Church services have been suspended in my diocese. I just celebrated the last Eucharist with the parish. Need to figure out how to be church together when we can't be together.

Apart from that, though, not much has changed yet. Various things have been cancelled or are being done differently, but my daughter is still at school, and my husband worked from home already. He can still go to the gym, I tend to exercise at home anyway.

Mostly what I notice is various people choosing not to meet up socially, and fair enough.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You do realize others of your kind are also susceptible to the wu-flu (and cats but you don't care) and you don't know who else has been sharing your tree, allowing you to bring the virus home.

My tree is secured with a 20 metre fence protected by land mines and a secret code to enter!

Upvote 0