How has your life changed because of Coronavirus?

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟94,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have a chronic illness so this coronavirus has the potential to kill me and subsequently I'm staying away from large shopping centres and won't use public transport until this virus is gone, apart from that it's life as per normal.

Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been cooking more creatively. My youngest son moved back home. He was in Seattle. He's a musician. He also worked security at a concert venue. When the no gathering of 250 rule went in effect he was out of all work.
He played his guitar/sang most of the day today. I love it.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Quality of life actually improved for me.

I live in a crowded neighborhood in the middle of a big city and because of the quarantine protocols:

- Neighborhood is more peaceful and quiet
- Air is a lot cleaner
- Better sleep due to the silence
- Better health due to the clean air.

It's ironic!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm a Registered Nurse/Deputy Manager in a nursing unit. My time is spent between management and helping out by undertaking nursing shifts. We are currently closed to visitors (except for emergencies) and looking at all kinds of creative ways to keep people in touch with their loved ones without being in direct contact.

At home, life is pretty much the same. I live alone so already spend many hours of the day 'socially isolated'. I don't need to panic buy as I don't tend to run out of things that quickly. It does mean I won't be visiting friends and family as much as I usually do, but there are other ways of keeping in touch - as I do daily. I am still able to enjoy my hobbies such as photography, writing music, walking and cycling.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are anticipating our state to go on near total 'lock down' early this week. Yesterday they closed all the beaches till May tentatively (the big tourist attraction) The retail shopping outlets were already closed last week. My son has been home from school for 2 weeks so far. Restaurants are 'take out' only. Soon- probably tomorrow, the only businesses that will be open will be banks, grocery stores, hospitals, auto mechanics, fuel stations, and possibly hardware stores. There is a lot of tension between us 'locals' and the influx of New Yorkers and Philadelphians who are fleeing to their beach homes and condos in their obnoxious Beamers and Benzes and infecting our region, or so goes the perception of the locals. We had stocked grocery stores with the exception of TP and Purell until they showed up. All the provincial gun nuts are anticipating the zombie apocalypse. Ammo is nowhere to be had.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is the possibility of three month isolation or more all that bad in exchange for the years and years those who might otherwise become infected might gain? Is it so bad for those who don't remember that preparedness is a daily thing, not just in cases of extreme measures? Might this not adjust the mindset of many to not be so reliant on what they take for granted?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot go to the gym so I have to do home exercises, my classes are online and I have not seem my friends.
Not much, really. I work at home anyway. I can't go see my dad, because he's elderly, and not going to church, but having online church. That's about it. I feel for all the people losing their income and the kid's missing school.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is the possibility of three month isolation or more all that bad in exchange for the years and years those who might otherwise become infected might gain? Is it so bad for those who don't remember that preparedness is a daily thing, not just in cases of extreme measures? Might this not adjust the mindset of many to not be so reliant on what they take for granted?
True, but so many are already suffering from a loss of income that they may not even have the means to buy the ingredients to bake their own bread, let a long stock pile groceries. Let's hope we are looking at weeks and not months.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Self isolation is too hard.
Yeah but it will keep you and more importantly, possibly others from falling ill or dying. A good time to reject self interest for the ways of the Kingdom as Jesus taught.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My life has changed significantly in the last couple of weeks. My 54 year old cousin is waiting for the results of her COVID-19 test. My husband is working from home now since his company has made changes due to the pandemic and has scaled back traveling. My two oldest children have moved back home and my second oldest daughter is considering moving back home. My church has suspended its services and is now having online services. All of our homeschooling activities have been cancelled.

My 17 year old daughter has had her hours drastically cut at Subways and she may lose her job. My oldest son and oldest daughter have both experienced their hours being cut back at work. My second oldest daughter was kicked out of her two room dorm at college because the college closed the two room dorms due to the pandemic. She has to find a new place to live and she may also lose her job because her vet clinic is laying off part-time employees. And finally, we're having a hard time finding the groceries and basic household supplies we need. We had to go to a Wal-Mart that was 30 miles from our home because our local Wal-Mart and Dollar General were ravaged by panic buyers.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that my life has been personally effected by this pandemic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ve been working from home for the past week, although I have been in the office several times. Our building is closed but I have an access card. No one has been there when I have gone in. Next week I will be teaching my classes online. Fortunately I was able to work in additional in-person classes before our students went off on break so I will only have to teach three two-hour classes online. Once the weather gets warmer I will be getting out on the railtrail to exercise. I’m hoping that I can get one of my kitties into his leash and harness so he can join me. We didn’t get out at all last year because I had some health issues. I am working on a book about an 1869 murder case and hope to finally finish my draft and get it submitted to a publisher. I’ve also recently completed two children’s book that I hope to finalize and submit for publication. If course I am looking forward to staying home and spending time with my two kitties.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Changes may be effecting us now but it's time to think ahead, especially about the changes being forced upon the little guy. I wonder what radical and possibly permanent changes will be made by powers and principalities over the people as a result of this, and what new financial and unconstitutional systems may come into play byway of duress? Who or what will we become beholden to in order to survive?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My understanding was that if we do this now the rate will slow and it may be 2-6 weeks instead of 12.

Upvote 0