How does one correctly keep the Sabbath according to SDA doctrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I am not obtuse!!! I may be TALL & ROUND but never obtuse.

I do not know why you used the comment from Isaiah, BUT YOU DID!!!

You said.....
"if God is going to have us keep it even then---what makes you think He doesn't expect us to keep it now".

That is YOU reading INTO the Scriptures what YOU want them to say which is the very worst of the exegesis process.

IF God wanted the worship on the Sabbath, why then did He NOT SAY ONE single word to us in the New Test????????

Now another question is.....why do the SDA's insist on worship on the Sabbath when God never said to do that???

He gave the Sabbath as a day of REST not worship.

The Biblical truth is that the word Shabbat (Sabbath) does not appear once (after God rested) until Moses' time and there is no record of any Jew or gentile keeping this day as an observance to God before this.

The first occurrence is found in Ex.16:23-30 where the full term is used Shabbaton Shabbat Kodesh a “Holy Sabbath” which means to cease or rest. 2

Ex. 16:24....
" now it happened that some of the people went out on the 7th day to gather, but they found none."

In vs.28 -30 And the LORD said to Moses,
“How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My laws? “See! For the LORD has given you the Sabbath; therefore He gives you on the sixth day bread for two days. Let every man remain in his place; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.” So the people rested on the seventh day.”

They were not scolded for not keeping the Sabbath only but all his laws he gave. It was about their going out the next day to gather manna as food because they were not accustom to resting since they worked 7 days a week in Egypt. This was the part of the disobedience. They were given twice as much the day before so they would not have to gather.

The 10 Commandments were given to Israel and never to the Church or to any Gentiles.

LOL! You are proving my point.
So, tell me, oh wise one---was there no sin before the law of the 10 commandments on Mt. Zion???

1Jn_3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is the same point I have been making time after time to the SDA folks and they keep ignoring it. The SDA Sabbath is an invention of Mrs. White and her limited understanding.
It is NOT the seal that God looks for, as That seal is the Holy Spirit in us!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't be obtuse!! Why in the world would I think Isaiah applied to us today? It very clearly says that it will be kept on the new earth! That is why I BOLDED IT! This is the new earth that God creates after the 1000 years---But for crying out loud----if God is going to have us keep it even then---what makes you think He doesn't expect us to keep it now---having never once removed it to begin with!! He gives it at creation, again at Zion, He takes it away--according to you though you can not prove it---but then reinstates it when the world is remade???? God is not the author of confusion---He changes not! He instituted it at creation, it continues today and continues on the new earth---He is consistent. Not only do you not seem have a good understanding of the bible, you do not seem to have a grasp on the very character of God.
That will be in the Millennium rule of Jesus, when national Israel is reborn with him as their King, but we will be in the new Jerusalem at that time, and not in that earthly one!

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is the invention of Jesus Christ who created it at creation, gave it again at Zion, kept by Jesus and all the disciples even after the resurrection. The Sabbath was kept long before EGW was even born for there were and still are 7th day Baptists. In fact They have existed (in America) since 1664. Not only have you very little knowledge of what the bible says---you do not even have factual knowledge of the history of the Sabbath---It was kept in England and every other country long before EGW and it was a Baptist lady that informed EGW about it. I guess I should be grateful for your ignorance as it does give us the opportunity to inform the uniformed of facts, something which none of you have had!

"Stephen Mumford, the first Sabbath-keeper in America, came from London in 1664. Tacy Hubbard commenced keeping the Sabbath March 11, 1665; Samuel Hubbard commenced April 1, 1665; Rachel Langworthy, January 15, 1666; Roger Baxter, April 15, 1666; and William Hiscox, April 28, 1666. These were the first Sabbath-keepers in America.
http://www.sabbath.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/BOOK/k/969
sabbath NEVER was observed and kept by any in genesis, nor anywhere else until given to Moses in mosaic law!

• Agree
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It is NOT the seal that God looks for, as That seal is the Holy Spirit in us!

Really? Pray tell, what is the seal of the beast? The lack of the Holy Spirit? And how can you tell? Since only God would be able to see the Hoy Spirit.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

It is not an inner seal, for no man can actually see the Holy Spirit, and people must be able to see this seal in order for them to buy or sell, and it must be obvious for those who have the seal of God so that they can not buy or sell. So, what is it?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Then you should be able to document this---but then you have had no documentation for anything you have said.

First off, by your own admission, none of the commandments which God gave to Israel for keeping the Sabbath apply to you. Thus, you completely ignore the Biblical standards for keeping the Sabbath.

What you have is a generic commandment "Thou shalt keep the Sabbath holy." which Mrs. White has interpreted according to her own ideas and which is then applied to innocent folks such as yourself.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Sabbath is the invention of Jesus Christ who created it at creation, gave it again at Zion, kept by Jesus and all the disciples even after the resurrection. The Sabbath was kept long before EGW was even born for there were and still are 7th day Baptists. In fact They have existed (in America) since 1664. Not only have you very little knowledge of what the bible says---you do not even have factual knowledge of the history of the Sabbath---It was kept in England and every other country long before EGW and it was a Baptist lady that informed EGW about it. I guess I should be grateful for your ignorance as it does give us the opportunity to inform the uniformed of facts, something which none of you have had!

"Stephen Mumford, the first Sabbath-keeper in America, came from London in 1664. Tacy Hubbard commenced keeping the Sabbath March 11, 1665; Samuel Hubbard commenced April 1, 1665; Rachel Langworthy, January 15, 1666; Roger Baxter, April 15, 1666; and William Hiscox, April 28, 1666. These were the first Sabbath-keepers in America.
http://www.sabbath.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/BOOK/k/969

The SDA form of Sabbath-keeping is the invention of Mrs. White without the slightest intent to follow any of the sabbath regulations and ordinances given in the Bible, other than a very loose interpretation of the fourth commandment.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
LOL!! It was given at creation. It is kept from sundown fri night to sundown sat. night. Always has been, still is. God said to remember it---for they had forgotten much in their capitivy in Egypt. And they knew of it even before the law was given, for God did not give them manna on the sabbath. If you read Ex 16--you will see that-- and that was before Mt. Zion.

Pray tell, how do you know the Sabbath is kept from sundown on Friday night until sundown on Saturday night? The fourth commandment mentions nothing about sundowns or sunrises or noons or midnights, or any other specific time element. That comes in the other Sabbath commandments which you dismissed as being not of God, but of Moses, and, therefore, only of secondary interest, at best.

• Agree
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
sabbath NEVER was observed and kept by any in genesis, nor anywhere else until given to Moses in mosaic law!

So-----are you still under the impression that the Sabbath is an invention of EGW when it was kept long before she was ever close to being born? All those people that came before her, how did they keep the Sabbath ?---or did you even bother to read the whole article as you are afraid of knowledge that contradicts yours?

That will be in the Millennium rule of Jesus, when national Israel is reborn with him as their King, but we will be in the new Jerusalem at that time, and not in that earthly one!

You are soooo wrong. The 100 years is not on this earth---it is with Jesus in heaven. It is not until after the 1000 years that the earth is remade---when it is remade, the New Jerusalem comes down upon this earth. It does not get put down on this earth until the wicked are destroyed as the city is descending and they try to take it!

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

When Jesus comes, He comes only for the saved

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

If the brightness of His coming destroys the Wicked one---it destroys all the rest of the living wicked.

Only the saved are gathered alive when He comes., according to 1Tim 4:17, 17.
So if when Jesus comes, the wicked are destroyed---and live not again until the 1000 years are up, Rev. 20:5-6----who is left on the earth??? No one!

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

This is how the earth is left when He comes for the saved, and the living wicked are destroyed and this is the bottomless pit, the abyss , that Satan and his angels are chained to---an empty earth. With not one soul for them to tempt, for 1000 years.
There is no 1000 year reign on this earth with Jesus!! He does not touch the ground until the wicked are destroyed at the 2nd death and His feet will then touch this earth, cleave the mountains and He descends the city unto a remade earth.

This city is full of sin and corruption, Jesus will not reign here, all the cities are broken down and the earth is left for a 1000 year Sabbath. It is 6 days of labor, then a Sabbath, it was 6 years of plowing the field and the 7th year the land was to have a one year Sabbath---it will be 6000 years, and then 1000 years of the whole earth having her Sabbath. God is not the author of confusion, nor does He reign in confusion. He does everything in order. He is consistent.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Pray tell, how do you know the Sabbath is kept from sundown on Friday night until sundown on Saturday night? The fourth commandment mentions nothing about sundowns or sunrises or noons or midnights, or any other specific time element. That comes in the other Sabbath commandments which you dismissed as being not of God, but of Moses, and, therefore, only of secondary interest, at best.

God always counted the days from sundown to sundown---READ GENESIS!! The evening and the morning. The Jews always kept it and still do, from sundown to sundown. God, nor the Jews, named the days, they were day 1-7. Anytime in the bible when it is describing a day---it is sundown marks the start of the next day. When Paul met on the 1st day of the week, it states it was sundown, that means it was Saturday night, sundown--the start of the 1st day of the week, He preached till midnight, and continued until the morning, still the first day of the week, after breakfast, He then continued to His destination, still on the 1st day of the week. It would not be Monday, until sundown Sun. Which means that Paul would have been walking and traveling on Sunday---something he would not have done if Sunday were a day of worship for him. They gathered on the 1st day of the week because he was leaving on a long journey the next day---after the Sabbath.
Nothing in the bible is of secondary interest, nor do I dismiss any of it. I read and take into account all of the bible---it is apparently you guys that do not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God always counted the days from sundown to sundown---READ GENESIS!! The evening and the morning. The Jews always kept it and still do, from sundown to sundown. God, nor the Jews, named the days, they were day 1-7. Anytime in the bible when it is describing a day---it is sundown marks the start of the next day. When Paul met on the 1st day of the week, it states it was sundown, that means it was Saturday night, sundown--the start of the 1st day of the week, He preached till midnight, and continued until the morning, still the first day of the week, after breakfast, He then continued to His destination, still on the 1st day of the week. It would not be Monday, until sundown Sun. Which means that Paul would have been walking and traveling on Sunday---something he would not have done if Sunday were a day of worship for him. They gathered on the 1st day of the week because he was leaving on a long journey the next day---after the Sabbath.
Nothing in the bible is of secondary interest, nor do I dismiss any of it. I read and take into account all of the bible---it is apparently you guys that do not.

Moses wrote Genesis, not God, according to you. You insist that what God has written (only the Ten Commandments) cannot be changed. However, you are free to accept or reject anything else in the Bible. Therefore, you have no idea if God actually meant to write, "Thou shalt keep the Sabbath holy from sundown on Friday night to sundown on Saturday night."

If, on the other hand, you actually think that everything in the Bible is of primary interest and not secondary interest, how do you determine which aspects of the Bible to ignore, such as kindling a fire on the Sabbath? For example, why is kindling a fire on the Sabbath no longer of any significance, but what Mrs. White tells you to eat is?

• Agree
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Moses wrote Genesis, not God, according to you. You insist that what God has written (only the Ten Commandments) cannot be changed. However, you are free to accept or reject anything else in the Bible. Therefore, you have no idea if God actually meant to write, "Thou shalt keep the Sabbath holy from sundown on Friday night to sundown on Saturday night."

If, on the other hand, you actually think that everything in the Bible is of primary interest and not secondary interest, how do you determine which aspects of the Bible to ignore, such as kindling a fire on the Sabbath? For example, why is kindling a fire on the Sabbath no longer of any significance, but what Mrs. White tells you to eat is?

Ridiculous!! The whole bible is written by man, inspired by God. I clearly said, God dictated the ceremonial laws to Moses, that is what it says, and Moses wrote those down on parchment, with the 10 being the only thing that Jesus wrote down with His own finger. God told Moses to keep the 10 in the ark. The ceremonial laws were kept outside the ark. Why do you people not repeat what I have stated correctly??? There is a quote button and I know you know how to use it!
How many times do I have to answer the same question?? Do you not really read what is said--do you just glance and decide what I said? The ceremonial laws---those laws that applied to the Levitical ceremonies requiring blood atonement (some were also substituted with non, animal blood) But they clearly required a Priest---those were obviously done away with at the cross!! How clear does God have to make it for you?? Jesus became the ceremonial animal blood atonement and Jesus became not only the blood atonement at the cross, but He also became our High Priest, taking over the duties that the Priest was doing. Have you never read Hebrews?? If you had you would not need to ask nonsense questions!! EGW had nothing to do with Jesus dying on the cross nor becoming our High Priest...again---she was not born until 1827 and did not write any of the bible, nor did she tell Jesus what to do!!! She is a prophet and as such her writings are valuable---but she is not our Pope, nor are our doctrines from her but from the bible---you people can not seem to comprehend what the bible actually says---that is not my problem, that is yours. I am here to correct ridiculous, nonsense statements that people keep making and/or assuming.
I already said, no one has kindled a fire in over 150 years, unless camping out or are using a fireplace!! Duh!! Flipping a switch is not exactly difficult, unless you are bedridden and can't reach it! Do you people ever even stop to think before mouthing off??
Our health principles are based on the bible---what God gave as the original diet is written there. We are not Kosher by Kosher standards--we do eat only the clean meats if any. She did have further info and what constitutes health to which most of us adhere to, everything having to be used with a moderate eye and depending on what is right for the individual---she herself could not eat beans, for they affected her severely. They are however, the foundation of a vegetarian diet. It is no secret and should not be of any surprise that we have been studied by many NON-SDA researchers who have stated that we are the healthiest most long lived people -- and those results are not due genetics, culture, or area of living--- for we are a highly diverse people from all ethnic backgrounds and cultures from all over the world. You can look that up yourselves. Anywhere there is a large gathering of SDA---such as Loma Linda, Calif. are considered to be one of the blue zones. So whatever you want to disregard about our health principles---they are now being copied all over the world by physicians and the vegetarian, vegan thing has nothing to do with SDA';s but of recent health research. There are far more vegetarians and vegans than there are SDA!!
I myself can not be vegetarian and no kidney dialysis patient really can be either and be healthy. The object is health!! I am border line kidney failure, diabetic, with a very fragile heart and have fibro. I can not eat beans very much for they contain lycopene and too much will shut down my kidney 's as well as having too much protein, I also can not have much soy or cruciferous veggies for I have been on thyroid since 22, and eggs and cheese are a safe source of protein---they are however, not that great for the heart---since I am in hospice anyway, my dr's don't care how I eat as something is going to be bad for something on me!! I stick to a little clean meat and eggs and cheese sparingly for protein. You have to eat however your body says you need to, not by taste buds or desires. I have been in hospice for over a year now and everyone is quite amazed I have survived this long!

I can hardly wait to see how badly you will mess up what I have said--use the quote button, in context, instead of making up stuff please!
And, BTW, I am also a colon cancer survivor, of over 31/2 years---I was not a vegetarian nor practicing SDA from leaving high school until 30 years ago. I was married to a non-SDA and did eat meat but clean only. After the cancer surgery I tried going vegetarian but it was too late, the surgery did almost kill me, I was on a vent. for 2 mths have had a whole set of different health issues since. Had I practiced the health principles I would not have had these problems as most of my family were SDA, my aunt was SDA her whole life--she lived to be over a 100 and even the ones that were not vegetarian still lived to well into their 80's and 90's. Heart, diabetes, cancer do not run in the family except my mother died of CA of the uterus at only 42--not SDA, drank and smoked and never took care of herself.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ridiculous!! The whole bible is written by man, inspired by God. I clearly said, God dictated the ceremonial laws to Moses, that is what it says, and Moses wrote those down on parchment, with the 10 being the only thing that Jesus wrote down with His own finger. God told Moses to keep the 10 in the ark. The ceremonial laws were kept outside the ark. Why do you people not repeat what I have stated correctly??? There is a quote button and I know you know how to use it!
How many times do I have to answer the same question?? Do you not really read what is said--do you just glance and decide what I said? The ceremonial laws---those laws that applied to the Levitical ceremonies requiring blood atonement (some were also substituted with non, animal blood) But they clearly required a Priest---those were obviously done away with at the cross!! How clear does God have to make it for you?? Jesus became the ceremonial animal blood atonement and Jesus became not only the blood atonement at the cross, but He also became our High Priest, taking over the duties that the Priest was doing. Have you never read Hebrews?? If you had you would not need to ask nonsense questions!! EGW had nothing to do with Jesus dying on the cross nor becoming our High Priest...again---she was not born until 1827 and did not write any of the bible, nor did she tell Jesus what to do!!! She is a prophet and as such her writings are valuable---but she is not our Pope, nor are our doctrines from her but from the bible---you people can not seem to comprehend what the bible actually says---that is not my problem, that is yours. I am here to correct ridiculous, nonsense statements that people keep making and/or assuming.
I already said, no one has kindled a fire in over 150 years, unless camping out or are using a fireplace!! Duh!! Flipping a switch is not exactly difficult, unless you are bedridden and can't reach it! Do you people ever even stop to think before mouthing off??
Our health principles are based on the bible---what God gave as the original diet is written there. We are not Kosher by Kosher standards--we do eat only the clean meats if any. She did have further info and what constitutes health to which most of us adhere to, everything having to be used with a moderate eye and depending on what is right for the individual---she herself could not eat beans, for they affected her severely. They are however, the foundation of a vegetarian diet. It is no secret and should not be of any surprise that we have been studied by many NON-SDA researchers who have stated that we are the healthiest most long lived people -- and those results are not due genetics, culture, or area of living--- for we are a highly diverse people from all ethnic backgrounds and cultures from all over the world. You can look that up yourselves. Anywhere there is a large gathering of SDA---such as Loma Linda, Calif. are considered to be one of the blue zones. So whatever you want to disregard about our health principles---they are now being copied all over the world by physicians and the vegetarian, vegan thing has nothing to do with SDA';s but of recent health research. There are far more vegetarians and vegans than there are SDA!!
I myself can not be vegetarian and no kidney dialysis patient really can be either and be healthy. The object is health!! I am border line kidney failure, diabetic, with a very fragile heart and have fibro. I can not eat beans very much for they contain lycopene and too much will shut down my kidney 's as well as having too much protein, I also can not have much soy or cruciferous veggies for I have been on thyroid since 22, and eggs and cheese are a safe source of protein---they are however, not that great for the heart---since I am in hospice anyway, my dr's don't care how I eat as something is going to be bad for something on me!! I stick to a little clean meat and eggs and cheese sparingly for protein. You have to eat however your body says you need to, not by taste buds or desires. I have been in hospice for over a year now and everyone is quite amazed I have survived this long!

I can hardly wait to see how badly you will mess up what I have said--use the quote button, in context, instead of making up stuff please!
And, BTW, I am also a colon cancer survivor, of over 31/2 years---I was not a vegetarian nor practicing SDA from leaving high school until 30 years ago. I was married to a non-SDA and did eat meat but clean only. After the cancer surgery I tried going vegetarian but it was too late, the surgery did almost kill me, I was on a vent. for 2 mths have had a whole set of different health issues since. Had I practiced the health principles I would not have had these problems as most of my family were SDA, my aunt was SDA her whole life--she lived to be over a 100 and even the ones that were not vegetarian still lived to well into their 80's and 90's. Heart, diabetes, cancer do not run in the family except my mother died of CA of the uterus at only 42--not SDA, drank and smoked and never took care of herself.

First, please show me any of my posts where I have not included your entire post when I have replied to it. If that were to happen, then all one needs to do is simply to go back to your earlier post and read it quite fully. I have no ability to do anything with your post, other than to quote it in my reply and crop it then.

My own beloved mother was struck down in the prime of her life at the tender age of 91, having willfully and knowingly engaged in dining on food you find disgusting. I can only imagine all the extra years of life she forfeited by her sinful behavior.

In truth, Hindus invented the vegan diet thousands of years before Ellen White was born or even Jesus Christ was born. Vegetarianism is hardly limited to any particular creed or race of mankind. In India, which is overwhelmingly Hindu and overwhelmingly vegan male life expectancy is 67.4 years and female life expectancy is 70.2 years.

However, this thread is not about the SDA dietary habits, but about how one correctly keeps the Sabbath according to SDA doctrine. Thus far, you have made it quite clear that only the Ten Commandments were given by God and cannot be altered and, therefore, they must be obeyed. The other 603 commandments are merely advisory in nature, are they not? If not, then why does the SDA willfully and flagrantly ignore the commandments related to the Sabbaths of the Lord?

• Agree
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
First, please show me any of my posts where I have not included your entire post when I have replied to it. If that were to happen, then all one needs to do is simply to go back to your earlier post and read it quite fully. I have no ability to do anything with your post, other than to quote it in my reply and crop it then.

My own beloved mother was struck down in the prime of her life at the tender age of 91, having willfully and knowingly engaged in dining on food you find disgusting. I can only imagine all the extra years of life she forfeited by her sinful behavior.

In truth, Hindus invented the vegan diet thousands of years before Ellen White was born or even Jesus Christ was born. Vegetarianism is hardly limited to any particular creed or race of mankind. In India, which is overwhelmingly Hindu and overwhelmingly vegan male life expectancy is 67.4 years and female life expectancy is 70.2 years.

However, this thread is not about the SDA dietary habits, but about how one correctly keeps the Sabbath according to SDA doctrine. Thus far, you have made it quite clear that only the Ten Commandments were given by God and cannot be altered and, therefore, they must be obeyed. The other 603 commandments are merely advisory in nature, are they not? If not, then why does the SDA willfully and flagrantly ignore the commandments related to the Sabbaths of the Lord?

Yah---that is what is so crazy---you have posted by hitting the reply button, but then go on to say something different than from what I said!!
Where have I mentioned food that I find disgusting---please post what I said about which food.

At least you are aware of India. I am amazed.
Again---what part of ceremonial laws requiring a High Priest and blood atonement do you not understand??? I have explained it several times and still you keep asking the same stupid question.

ANYTHI NG THAT POINTED TO CHRIST IN THE CEREMONIAL LAWS WERE DONE AWAY AT THE CROSS FOR HE FILLFILLED THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB AND THE HIGH PRIEST ROLES.

Read it till you understand and do not ask the same question again, it's beyond silly.

And, BTW--you guys are the ones that brought up other topics, like EGW and undocumented garbage that had nothing to do with the topic. I answered that stuff. You brought up eating and I never once mentioned EDGW until you guys started spouting stuff that was a bunch of made up gunk.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

But you clearly said that is was Jesus Christ who wrote the commandments on stone.

Is your method of communication selected memory???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yah---that is what is so crazy---you have posted by hitting the reply button, but then go on to say something different than from what I said!!
Where have I mentioned food that I find disgusting---please post what I said about which food.

At least you are aware of India. I am amazed.
Again---what part of ceremonial laws requiring a High Priest and blood atonement do you not understand??? I have explained it several times and still you keep asking the same stupid question.

ANYTHI NG THAT POINTED TO CHRIST IN THE CEREMONIAL LAWS WERE DONE AWAY AT THE CROSS FOR HE FILLFILLED THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB AND THE HIGH PRIEST ROLES.

Read it till you understand and do not ask the same question again, it's beyond silly.

And, BTW--you guys are the ones that brought up other topics, like EGW and undocumented garbage that had nothing to do with the topic. I answered that stuff. You brought up eating and I never once mentioned EDGW until you guys started spouting stuff that was a bunch of made up gunk.

You seem to be a very angry person and now you are attacking the messengers instead of the message that SDA IS NOT Biblical.

Would you like to take a deep breath and try again.....with a calm approach?????

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I understand your plight, but may I say to you that no one is without health issues.

My question is....what does that have to do with Sabbath worship.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I understand your plight, but may I say to you that no one is without health issues.

My question is....what does that have to do with Sabbath worship.

Not a thing---responding to foolish question is all.
"For example, why is kindling a fire on the Sabbath no longer of any significance, but what Mrs. White tells you to eat is?"

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I want you to please understand that from what you have posted and what has been shown to you does not confirm that YOU understand the Bible.

From your own words you have shown that YOU believe the SDA doctrine's more than you do the Word of God and I say that with all due respect to you as an individual.

Now, the so called "inspired prophet" Ellen White originally claimed the Pope started "Sunday worship" White later changed her mind and said the Emperor Constantine introduced "Sunday worship" in 325 AD. Today, Adventists blame the interaction of Sunday worship on Christians in 135 AD and not the Pope or Constantine!

ALL THREE ARE WRONG!

The truth: Apostles in 33 AD introduced Sunday worship.

That FACT is found In Acts 20:7 and 1 Cor 16:1-2, for irrefutable historical proof!

NOW, do you accept that because you said ……….
"Nothing in the bible is of secondary interest, nor do I dismiss any of it. I read and take into account all of the bible".

So then, having been shown the Word of God compared to the THREE GUESS by the SDA, who do you now accept???????

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
But you clearly said that is was Jesus Christ who wrote the commandments on stone.

Is your method of communication selected memory???

I did say that, and still do. What I did not say is y0ur misrepresentation of that.

You twist my words in an effort to try and make me look foolish somehow, and it is not working, you only are making yourself look foolish for you do not seem to comprehend English very well. Tiresome.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.