Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OHC, Nero, around 60 AD, was the last of the Julio-Claudians, the Caesar family dynasty leaders of the Roman Empire. The next following family line of Roman Emperors were the Flavians. By the time it got to the Popes, amplified bishops of Rome, around 300-400 AD, the Caesar family dynasty was long gone.

You have to remember when quoting Catholic sources they claim Peter was the first Pope - so their information cannot be trusted when speaking about popes.

btw, I have been wondering, since you are SDA, why EGW did not connect that Jesus would not be returning in 1844 because in the parable of the fig tree she got at least close in interpreting the fig tree as Israel (actually it is Jerusalem) and Israel was not a nation again, a land full of Jews returned from other nations prior to 1844 - as a pre-requirement to Jesus's return?

For some reason, she did not make the connection that Israel has to be nation again, prior to Jesus's return.

Does present day SDA make the connection of the fig tree parable of Israel being a nation and Jerusalem in the hands of the Jews as a pre-requirement to Jesus's return?

First there were no SDA in 1844. Ellen White was a Methodist in 1844 she was sixteen years old. The thinking at that time that the prophecy of the 2300 days was that "the sanctuary would be cleansed" was interpreted by many in America and around the world that Jesus coming to cleans the sanctuary, which they believed was the earth. they missed the boat on the event but not on the timing of 1844. The event that happened was that Jesus entered the most Holy in the heavenly sanctuary, where the mercy seat is above the ark of the covenant) to start the investigative judgment (Great White Throne Judgement) just as it was done in the earthly sanctuary once a year to cleans the sanctuary. Jesus is going to cleanse the Sanctuary of all confessed sin from Adam till now.

Psalm 77
13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Concerning Israel,
She viewed that the 70 week prophecy of Daniel 7 that says "are determined upon my people" came to a close with the Gospel going to the Gentiles. The Israelite's had failed to spread the good news.

SDA and Ellen White follow that the bible teaches that there is a spiritual Israel that all people are grafted into. The literal nation of Israel or the Jews have no place in prophecy since the close of the 70 week prophecy with the Gospel going to the Gentiles. All blessings or promises that have not been fulfilled to literal Israel were prior to the end of the 70 week prophecy are transferred to spiritual Israel.

Remember that Moses was told to build the sanctuary after the pattern shown to him.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
SDA and Ellen White follow that the bible teaches that there is a spiritual Israel that all people are grafted into. The literal nation of Israel or the Jews have no place in prophecy since the close of the 70 week prophecy with the Gospel going to the Gentiles. All blessings or promises that have not been fulfilled to literal Israel were prior to the end of the 70 week prophecy are transferred to spiritual Israel.
But when I read her writings she never addresses the point of the generation that sees the putting forth of leaves, will not pass away until all the things Jesus had spoken of including his return. All she does is go on an Israel's failure in receiving Jesus and Israel being the fig tree. But she never makes a connection between Israel (even if she was claiming spiritural Israel), and the generation to witness Jesus's return. I don't know how she could miss something like that.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Do you have any of her commenting on the generation that will not pass away without witnessing Jesus's return?

Upvote 0

CuriousWes

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2016
U.S.
✟61,854.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I was reading Daniel 2 recently and reviewing the vision that the king had. As I see it, the vision was basically an overview of the kingdoms that shall rule the world from his time down to the time when Jesus shall put all the manmade governments to an end and establish his kingdom.

My question is, where in that vision do you think are we right now?

I would assume we are in this period right here:

Dan 2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
Dan 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
Dan 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

I have my opinion on these verses put how do you guys view this verses in relation to where we are at now or maybe where we have been?

To me, the description of the feet of iron and clay fits the multinational, multicultural government we have now in the U.N.

There have been other dominant "world" kingdoms down through history but those in the great statue of Daniel 2 are those who have not only subjugated Israel, as in the case of Egypt and Assyria, but also Jerusalem.

The state of Israel was created by U.N. resolution shortly after it was founded. Something to think about.

Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I was reading Daniel 2 recently and reviewing the vision that the king had. As I see it, the vision was basically an overview of the kingdoms that shall rule the world from his time down to the time when Jesus shall put all the manmade governments to an end and establish his kingdom.

My question is, where in that vision do you think are we right now?

I would assume we are in this period right here:

Dan 2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
Dan 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
Dan 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

I have my opinion on these verses put how do you guys view this verses in relation to where we are at now or maybe where we have been?

Man there is so much misinformation around Daniel.
Chapt 2 though this quite straight forward and the illustration is the common modern interpretation.

The western countries came out of roman empire and were split up. Where in the clay and the steel times of the strong and weak governments. that's What I think the clay and stone simply mean.

The important thing is that countries are going to be independent till the time of the end . There won't a world empire again. Although there will world control in other forms. Till the Jesus the rock comes back.

Chapter 7 has a lot of synergies with chap 2 and goes into more detail which I can go into if you ask ?

Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First there were no SDA in 1844. Ellen White was a Methodist in 1844 she was sixteen years old. The thinking at that time that the prophecy of the 2300 days was that "the sanctuary would be cleansed" was interpreted by many in America and around the world that Jesus coming to cleans the sanctuary, which they believed was the earth. they missed the boat on the event but not on the timing of 1844. The event that happened was that Jesus entered the most Holy in the heavenly sanctuary, where the mercy seat is above the ark of the covenant) to start the investigative judgment (Great White Throne Judgement) just as it was done in the earthly sanctuary once a year to cleans the sanctuary. Jesus is going to cleanse the Sanctuary of all confessed sin from Adam till now.

why would Jesus wait to 1844 to enter the cleansed sanctuary ?
A lot of this seems supposing of very weak scripture.
That 2300 days is controversial because some think that should be worked out under a Jewish calendar not a modern day calendar.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
why would Jesus wait to 1844 to enter the cleansed sanctuary ?
A lot of this seems supposing of very weak scripture.
That 2300 days is controversial because some think that should be worked out under a Jewish calendar not a modern day calendar.

Dan 8
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The cleansing of the sanctuary started in 1844 and will continue till Michael stands up.(close of probation)

"then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." this does not say "the cleansed sanctuary" as you stated.

Of all the Jewish feasts, the Day of Atonement was the highlight. For us, it points to another event worth highlighting: the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary from all the sins of God's people.

In the OT the blood of the sacrificial goat was needed for the high priest’s ministry to begin in the Holy of Holies (the Most Holy Place). In the same way, Jesus could not have begun His work in the heavenly Holy of Holies until after He had shed His own blood. The only reference to the start of this ministry is in Daniel 8, at the end of the 2300-day.

Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dan 8
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The cleansing of the sanctuary started in 1844 and will continue till Michael stands up.(close of probation)

"then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." this does not say "the cleansed sanctuary" as you stated.

Of all the Jewish feasts, the Day of Atonement was the highlight. For us, it points to another event worth highlighting: the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary from all the sins of God's people.

In the OT the blood of the sacrificial goat was needed for the high priest’s ministry to begin in the Holy of Holies (the Most Holy Place). In the same way, Jesus could not have begun His work in the heavenly Holy of Holies until after He had shed His own blood. The only reference to the start of this ministry is in Daniel 8, at the end of the 2300-day.

Sacrificial animals are a big theme in the bible. I think more of Christ as a sacrificial lamb.
Ok I didn't understand what you were talking about and I not familiar with your interpretation of Dan 8 There's so many interpretations out there. According to you, Jesus is cleansing the temple after 1844. That's not what Hebrews 9 says

Hebrews 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

It says there, Christ entered a heavenly sanctuary with God after the cross. That sanctuary doesn't need to be cleansed.

The 1844 interpretation has been a favourite springboard for elaborate and fanciful prophetic interpretations. A popular and tragic interpretation of this passage took one year for every day, and William Miller used 2,300 "year-days" to calculate that Jesus would return in 1844 (2,300 years after Cyrus issued the decree to rebuild the temple). His movement ended up giving birth to the Seventh-Day Adventists and was adapted to the cleansing the sanctuary interpretation when Christ didn't show up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 7 has a lot of synergies with chap 2 and goes into more detail which I can go into if you ask ?
Daniel 7 is about the Anti-Christ (Little Horn) as is Daniel 8, by placing them both together and cross referencing them we understand the exact place of the Anti-Christs birth, as per the Country.

As per chapter 7, we see five Beasts mentioned. Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Little Horn that arises out of the Head of the Fourth Beast in the end times. The Anti-Christ/Beast is killed as soon as he he conquered, and cast into hell. As for the other Beasts (Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome) they were allowed to live awhile after their dominion was taken away from them. Daniel 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. Meaning the last Beast was of course an end time event, the other Beasts of course lost power, but yet remained.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

The Fourth Beast is Rome, no credible person insists the Fourth Beast skips ROME and is the Anti-Christ at the end times. The biggest, baddest BEAST is not skipped, at was over Israel when Christ died. They do this because of an English translation that says the Fourth Kingdom shall devour the WHOLE EARTH then refuse to see that when that is said in many other places it can't mean the WHOLE EARTH. Thus their whole premise is wrong.

Defining "the World"

In Daniel 7:23, an angel explains to Daniel the infamous fourth beast in his vision: "Thus he said: 'The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, trample it and break it in pieces.'"

This fourth beast—the one that struck the most terror in Daniel's heart—is described as devouring the whole earth, trampling it, and breaking it into pieces. The Aramaic phrase translated as "the whole earth" is comprised of two words: kol (Strong's #3606) and 'ara' (Strong's #772). Considering the basic meaning of these two Aramaic words, "the whole earth" is a correct literal translation. However, this same word-combination appears in a number of other places, and it does not consistently mean the entirety of the globe or even the entirety of the civilized world.

We can see this in Daniel's explanation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream: "But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth" (Daniel 2:39, emphasis ours throughout). We understand this third kingdom to be the empire of Greece under Alexander the Great. His empire stretched from the Ionian Sea to the Himalayas, and included Anatolia, Syria, Phoenicia, Judea, Egypt, and Mesopotamia. Some would say that Alexander conquered the "known world," but this is a misnomer. Every part of the world is known to those living in it, and there were peoples living in essentially every part of the world at this time.

During Alexander's time, substantial civilizations existed in the rest of Europe, and in particular, the descendants of Israel had settled there. Unconquered tribes lived throughout Africa, Arabia, Tibet, Mongolia, not to mention the civilizations in the Americas—all were completely untroubled by Alexander. Also, ancient cultures inhabited India, the South Pacific, and the Far East. The third kingdom in Nebuchadnezzar's vision encompassed the Middle East and the Near East, but it did not rule over "all the earth," as most English-speakers would interpret the phrase. It was a "world-ruling" kingdom only for a specifically defined "world."

Therefore, if we are on the lookout for a kingdom that can devour "the whole earth," we have to understand that the scope of that Aramaic phrase can be significantly limited, and in most cases, it is. This phrase is also found in Daniel 4:1, 11, 20, where it describes the scope of Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom (which was also not truly global), and in Daniel 6:25, where King Darius writes "to all peoples, nations, and languages that dwell in all the earth"—yet Darius did not have a global audience.

So the Fourth Beast is ROME.........Then the 10 Horns arise later, and the Little Horn with them. He shall be diverse from the first (Meaning he will be different than Rome, because he will rule as ALL POWERFUL as a man, not as a Kingdom, thus he himself is called THE BEAST.

In verse 23 Rome is called out as being diverse from the other BEASTS before it, because they were, Pax-Romanus was like nothing ever before it.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Israel......Iraq.....goes further east
..................takes the south........

Just like in the OT days, toward something meant to go in that direction
The Anti-Christ/Little Horn/Beast is born in Greece.

Matthew 24 refers to the beginning of sorrows as when this happens.
nation shall rise against nation
kingdom against kingdom

I have done an exegesis on the whole chapter of Matthew 24. No end time event happens until verse 14.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sacrificial animals are a big theme in the bible. I think more of Christ as a sacrificial lamb.
Ok I didn't understand what you were talking about and I not familiar with your interpretation of Dan 8 There's so many interpretations out there. According to you, Jesus is cleansing the temple after 1844. That's not what Hebrews 9 says

Hebrews 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

It says there, Christ entered a heavenly sanctuary with God after the cross. That sanctuary doesn't need to be cleansed.

The 1844 interpretation has been a favourite springboard for elaborate and fanciful prophetic interpretations. A popular and tragic interpretation of this passage took one year for every day, and William Miller used 2,300 "year-days" to calculate that Jesus would return in 1844 (2,300 years after Cyrus issued the decree to rebuild the temple). His movement ended up giving birth to the Seventh-Day Adventists and was adapted to the cleansing the sanctuary interpretation when Christ didn't show up.

You need to study the sanctuary in the old testament as it was a pattern of the heavenly sanctuary.

Psalm 77:13
Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Then you will have a better understanding of the the way of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Yahchristian

Mar 3, 2017
South Carolina
✟20,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There seems to be only three time periods where people attempt to place the "[ten] toes" of Daniel 2 and the "ten horns" of Daniel 7...

Preterists place them in the 1st century, Historicists place them in the 5th century, and Futurists place them in the 21st century.

Since I believe the prophecy of Daniel 2 refers to the era of the rise of Christianity and the fall of Paganism and the Roman Empire (and stops before the rise of the Man of Sin etc.), I place the "[ten] toes" and the "ten horns" in the fifth century.

presentist.gif

preterist.gif

futurist.gif

Reactions: dougangel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to study the sanctuary in the old testament as it was a pattern of the heavenly sanctuary.

Psalm 77:13
Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Then you will have a better understanding of the the way of the Lord.

Your have totally ignored what Hebrews says.
Psalms 77 is very unspecific. The sanctuary was very important to the law of Moses.
Christ entered the sanctuary in heaven with God once and for all. That's what Hebrews 9 says.
He didn't do it again in 1844

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you realize matt 24 repeats itself ???

No it doesn't brother. Matthew 24 is misunderstood.....

I have done an exegesis about the whole chapter of Matthew 24. I can just post it, this will be easier. This was me an another guy having a go on his very subject some time back. I asked if he saw the Three Questions.

The context is clear but do you miss the THREE QUESTIONS ?

Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. 3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The first question was about what Jesus had just said, the Temple being DESTROYED !! (When shall these things be?) The second question was what will be THE SIGN of your Coming......And the Third question was and what will be the SIGN (because they used AND) of the END OF THE WORLD. So they wanted to know about the Temples Destruction, and the SIGN of Jesus' coming and the SIGN of the End of the World.

You see, you only mentioned the END OF THE WORLD, I see much more, I see three questions being asked, and two are about SIGNS of Coming and the End of the World. Now think about this, if Jesus is going to give them a sign, wouldn't he walk them through the whole 2000 year period? I think he would, and clearly does. Mind you, I am the guy that says Revelation 19 happens at the same time as Rev. chapters 5-16, and Rev. 17 happens during Rev. 6 and 7 and Rev. 18 happens over the course of all the Seals, Trumpets and Vials, but ends in Rev. 16.

Lets go through a few of the verses to see why I believe as I do.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

{ Jesus here is warning the Disciples not to be deceived, it is well known that the Rabbis/Pharisees in order to put down the "Jesus movement" and because they thought the Roman occupation was the END TIMES and that the Messiah would come to save them, put forth various Messiahs just before the Temple destruction. and Jerusalem being conquered by force after the rebellion. Jesus is telling his Disciples not to fall for the lies, many will come in my name, saying I am THE MESSIAH, not Jesus. And many will be deceived. }

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

{ Jesus here is informing his Disciples that they will hear of Wars and Rumors of wars, no doubt Jesus knew many of the Disciples would venture afar, thus they would not see this destruction of the Temple, some would, but many would just HEAR OF IT, but Jesus tells them, THIS IS NOT THE END !! Meaning that even though he Pharisees and Rabbis were looking for the Messiah to SAVE THEM, this was not the time of Jesus' return, thus he says, the END IS NOT YET !! Then Jesus seems to shift past the lives of the Disciples and into a futuristic, 2000 year period of time, when he speaks about Nations against Nations, Kingdoms against Kingdoms, Famines, Pestilences and Earthquakes, and he says these are the Beginnings of Sorrows !! The Greek word used for sorrows implies BIRTH PANGS, and this is Jesus telling the Disciples that all of these things MUST HAPPEN FIRST, and that will be the SIGN (BIRTH PANG) that the end is Near.

The next few verses, travel over this same 2000 year time period as verse 6 through 8, they had a different way of writing back then. It is what it is. Just Like we get Genesis told to us twice. One was the Creation of all things, chapter two was the Creation of Man. So the next few verses are first speaking about Jesus' Disciples.}

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

{ I think this is mainly Jesus telling his Disciples their coming fate. Many people would betray them, and most all of the Disciples would become Martyrs, save John and a couple of others, maybe. They don't kill you if they don't hate you.....after all right ? And no doubt, many betrayed them, like Judas betrayed Jesus. }

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

{ I think this is another 2000 year period, Jesus throws this in to let everyone know, there will be many FALSE PROPHETS (Jonestown, and many other cults like it have risen over the 2000 year Period since Jesus' death) and because of SIN (at the END TIMES right about the time of the Birth Pangs above) the love of MANY shall wax COLD.....Abortion, Murder at a crazy rate, for no reason in many cases. Homosexuality being pushed as NORMAL. People do not understand what TRUE LOVE IS it seems. BUT...........Jesus says, out of all of these things I have described unto you all, (from verse 4 to 13) he that endures all things that might come upon him, he that KEEPS THE FAITH until the END (of his life) the same shall be SAVED. In other words if we turn from God/Jesus and return unto the world, we will be CAST OUT OF JESUS' Mouth, as Lukewarm. We must overcome Satan by the Blood of the Lamb, we can not turn back to living a sinful life, we must endure all of our temptations. It doesn't mean we will not SIN..........It just means we can not turn back unto a sinful lifestyle. WE MUST ENDURE IN CHRIST until the end. }

All this is why I believe as I do, I think its fairly clear that Jesus is explaining a multifaceted, three part question unto his disciples. This first part is about the Temple being destroyed and the 2000 year period until the End Time comes upon us. So this is the WHEN SHALL THESE THINGS BE PART,(Question number 1.) since Jesus told them about the coming Temples Destruction. Then Jesus gave them the SIGNS (Birth Pangs) of what things would look like just before HIS COMING !!

I might as well finish this tonight.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, {whoso readeth, let him understand} 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

{ Verse 14 kind of belongs with verses 4-13, but it can also go on this side of the 2000 year divide. It straddles the gap so to speak. The Gospel must be preached unto all the World, then the END WILL COME !! This is real clear, once the Church has preached the Gospel unto all the world, FOR A WITNESS UNTO JESUS' SAVING GRACE, then, and only then can the End Times come upon us. Jesus then goes on to tell us/disciples about this END TIME PERIOD. He warns the Jewish Nation that when they see the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the Prophet, they should FLEE Jerusalem. THIS IS AN END TIME EVENT.........There is no doubt about that at all. Now Jesus must go further and tell them about the other two questions, when will the SIGN OF THY COMING BE and when will the END BE. }

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

{ Jesus is telling his Disciples, and thus the END TIME JEWISH PEOPLES, what to look for, he is telling them, HEY !! When you flee from Judea, and I will protect you in that safe place (1260 days) DO NOT FALL for the Anti-Christ and False Prophets TRICKS, they will try and deceive you, to make you think that I (they have accepted Jesus as their Messiah by this time, OR God wouldn't be protecting them in the Wilderness, Malachi 4:5-6 tells us this) have come and am in the Desert or in a Secret Chamber.........DO NOT GO TO THIS FALSE MESSIAH !! no doubt Jesus is implying that this Fake Messiah and False Prophet will kill you if you go to them. Jesus then tells them where to look for him when he RETURNS. I will be coming in the EASTERN SKIES......Amen. Jesus says if it were possible they will deceive the very ELECT (Jews who have become Christians or received their Messiah as Jesus) but it is NOT POSSIBLE, for I HAVE TOLD YOU !!! BOOM....... Next Jesus finally tells them about his Second Coming. }

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

{ So, Jesus tells the Jewish peoples the SIGNS of his Coming and WHEN THE END SHALL BE. This is the End of the Age. No Doubt. IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Tribulation of those days (Troubles/Jacobs Trouble), these SIGNS will be in the Sky and then you will see me coming in the Clouds from the East, and all the Tribes and Nations will see the Glory of My Coming. And the Angels will gather THE ELECT from the Four Corners of Heaven, [where the Church has been for SEVEN YEARS, marrying the Lamb] and we will Return on White Horses with Jesus Christ just as Rev. 19 says.}

Now Jesus has covered most all of the bases on the Jewish Nation, because 95 percent of them will not Receive the Lord Jesus Christ before the RAPTURE that Paul has spoken about in 1 Corinthians 15 and in other places. So now Jesus must cover the rest of the Jewish Peoples about the THREE QUESTIONS the Disciples asked him, after all, they were "Christians" and even if ONLY 5 PERCENT of the Jewish peoples are Messianic Jews/Christians when Jesus comes back to Rapture the Church, they still need to KNOW THEIR PLIGHT ALSO !! Right ?

So Matthew 32-44 tells about the coming Rapture of the Church, but I will only post verses 38-42, for it emphasizes everything that needs to be said, Jesus tells the Messianic Jews about their destiny, BELOW:

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

{ This of course happens right before the TRIBULATION, or Jacobs Troubles. If they were in the TRIBULATION PERIOD, would they be DRINKING, MARRYING and having a gay ole time ? NO, HECK NO, that makes no sense, the Jewish Nation would be in hiding in the WILDERNESS, and the wicked men of earth would be trying to DODGE THE PLAGUES of Gods Wrath, there will be NO ONE who will be having fun just before Jesus' SECOND COMING !!!

Jesus then illustrates what can only be the Rapture, it CAN NOT be the Second Coming. He says TWO will be in the field and ONE will be taken and the OTHER WILL BE LEFT [Behind]. The same thing is spoken about with the women grinding at the mill, ONE will be taken and ONE LEFT BEHIND.

Then he says WATCH for you know not what hour when your Lord comes. Just like the Bride knew not what HOUR THE BRIDEGROOM CAME !! Aren't you starting to see the BIG PICTURE HERE ? We know when Jesus' Second Coming will be. Exactly 42 Months after the Anti-Christ commits the Abomination of Desolation, AND...we will all see him splitting (NOT ME I WILL BE WITH HIM, but I guess I will see it, just from a different perspective) the Eastern Skies, no one will be left behind, believe me, the Wicked will be DESTROYED, not left behind. }

So, as you can see, Jesus answers all three questions his Disciples asked him about. I don't just reply with a "BELIEF" , if something is my belief, I will say, this is my logical understanding. When God finally shows me or reveals His deep truths to me via the Holy Spirit, I know, that I know, that I know, that I know. BEFORE THAT, I never say, this is a fact.......If it is not from the Holy Spirit, it is just a mans opinion. The Holy Spirit leads us unto the truth, if we seek the truth. I know many brilliant men, MANY FRIENDS, who just can't seem to get knowledge from God, it seems they let their own ideas get in their way, some ask me, how does God show you these things Ron, and I tell them the truth, you have to be willing to be wrong before God can reveal His truths. Too many people have ideas that they can't seem to let go of, its called pride. We should all stop and think. I have heard 500 ideas about Revelation chapter 17. WHAT IS WRONG THERE? No unction of the Holy Spirit. Too many people have to be having THEIR OWN IDEAS !! That does't work. Only the Holy Spirit can lead us unto the Truths of God.

So what part did you think repeated itself ? Matthew 32-44 (Rapture) should come before Matthew 14-31 (Second Coming).

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The sanctuary was very important to the law of Moses.

Seeing as how it was GOD who dictated it to Moses who wrote it down I would say that it was very important to GOD. Why call it the law of Moses if GOD gave it to him why not call it the Law of GOD?

Remember what Jesus said
John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

What Jesus is saying is that salvation is in the Torah, the law and the prophets.

NT not yet published but you know that.

Romans 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Galatians 3:6
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed
God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

These verses says that Abraham, long before Martian Luther said it, was saved by his faith in GOD. (righteousness by faith)

In the sanctuary it was by faith they offered the blood sacrifice for their sin. This pointed forward to the Blood of Christ.

Your statements
"Christ entered the sanctuary in heaven with God once and for all. That's what Hebrews 9 says.
He didn't do it again in 1844"
are not wrong but not the whole story.

If you study the process from the courtyard to the Holy of Holy were the ark of the covenant and the mercy seat are located you will see the plan of salvation in the sanctuary. There are two compartments in the temple, Jesus entered the first compartment when he ascended to heaven after meeting with the disciples at the end of the 40 days. In 1844 he entered the second compartment where the ark of the covenant (containing the law that we all will be judged by) and the mercy seat is located to cleanse the sanctuary of sin.
Daniel 8:14
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

He entered as our High Priest and when he is finished with the judgment, that is the close of probation.

All humans from Adam to the end of time will be saved the same way, righteousness by faith Because,
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Upvote 0