How do you battle the "Christian" protestors?

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
By the way, the above Whole video begins showing the girl (whom you said was the third one to preach).

Is there another video which shows the first two who preached BEFORE the third girl?

I'm trying to find it. You have to remember, this is their video.. it's highly unlikely that they would contain things that could be controversial.

I gave you clues.
- Listen to one of the yellers, you will hear: "Open your bible", "You are satan, by the blood of Jesus we rebuke you", "Jesus spoke of/speak of love and unity not hate". So ask yourself, what happened before this video began recording that made them yell this?

- Go to 28:00
Why are the crowds rebuking these people by telling them that Jesus talked about love? I was there for 4 hours.

I'm not going to say they aren't really christians. Their pastor seems to be like a very good man, he's very well spoken and his videos that contain him answering people questioning show how smart and agreeable he is. I chatted with him and heard his Q and A's to two homosexuals and muslims, and I highly agreed and admired his ability to answer. It's just this form of preaching that i find dishonoring and very unchristian.

I will respectfully just stop responding to you until you watch the video because it is derailing the thread. If you still feel the same, then i will respect that. It would be an interesting discussion to see if people agree with this method of evangelism or not.

I think, after seeing this , the best way to preach the Gospel is handing out tracts of John 3:16 through 3:20

I think the best way to preach the Gospel these days by doing a public event made for the purpose of charity and then making it known that this is of the works and teachings of Christ. Singing christian christmas carols outside... There was also a video of cops praying in public for racial unity.. these are ways. I don't agree with going out with a microphone, signs, and making statements against certain groups are in need of repentance or going to hell as the right way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying to find it. You have to remember, this is their video.. it's highly unlikely that they would contain things that could be controversial.

I gave you clues.
- Listen to one of the yellers, you will hear: "Open your bible", "You are satan, by the blood of Jesus we rebuke you", "Jesus spoke of/speak of love and unity not hate". So ask yourself, what happened before this video began recording that made them yell this?

- Go to 28:00, listen to the christian girl tell them that Jesus said to love one another and how that sign does not represent Jesus.
Why are the crowds rebuking these people by telling them that Jesus talked about love? I was there for 4 hours.

I'm not going to say they aren't really christians. I think they are but just need to tone down on their arrogance. Their pastor seems to be like a very good man, he's very well spoken and his videos that contain him answering people questioning show how smart and agreeable he is. I chatted with him and heard his Q and A's to two homosexuals and muslims, and I highly agreed and admired his ability to answer. It's just this form of preaching that i find dishonoring and very unchristian.

Listen, i will respectfully just stop responding to you until you watch the video because it is derailing the thread. If you still feel the same, then that is you... it would be an interesting discussion to see if people agree with this method of evangelism or not. I hope the rest will watch it and come back with their thoughts.
Okay but I am going to say to you that they spoke in ignorance
(The crowd that is who manifested what was in their hearts)

No one born of christs spirit is allowed to judge or condemn anyone before the time.
And that is exactly what they did

And that by Christs blood? No. Not at all

No man born of Christ is allowed to count anyone as lost as a fool as condemned as Satan. And all this claiming that Jesus is behind their words

They spoke in ignorance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want a true example of one full of His Spirit look at Stephen or an example of a crowd pricked to the heart hearing the gospel as it should be heard as from God who alone opens the ears to the truth of His Word look at acts 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cernunnos

Well. . .
May 28, 2014
Faith
✟16,330.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Coming in to this topic on page 11, I have this to say:

I have never seen tracts or confrontational (protest) methods bring anyone to Christ, not once & I have been around the globe a few times in the name of Christ. I have walked into houses in the rift valley of Africa/ Appalachia and I have walked the streets of Kyoto/ Chicago, being authentic and building relationships, and getting results. I have literally put my anal virginity on the line with a pimp over a pool game to free a sexual slave. .. woulda been a bullet in my ear if I welched, woulda been shame on the pimp if he did, I won by the grace of God. My feet have been in the gutters, the worst of 'hoods, I have been deep in the realm of human suffering & grace. I'll tell ya, the confrontational, the tracts, the westboro, etc. have never reached a soul. The tracts may lead someone to ask questions of a believer & that might reach a soul. The confrontational and the westboro methods are just toxic.

For example: Abortion is bad. No question, if you look at it, the only reason a woman would have an un-medically necessary abortion is that she became pregnant by a man she did not want to have children with. If women only have sex with men they want to have children with, abortion wouldn't be a thing. The problem isn't that abortion is legal, the problem is that women feel compelled to have sex with men they don't want to have children with. Protesters are yelling at the wrong end of the problem! Should I address this by walking up to their picket line and yelling back at them? NO! They are firm and taking a stand and they feel God will frown if they back down. . . . that is NOT the time nor place to confront them. Invite them to coffee. . .. talk. ..

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you supposed to see those who come to Christ.

Does God have to validate His work through you
But you are right about one thing. You showed up afterwards and have offered your advise out of context having shown up afterwards

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are cults and zealots who have become confused about their own humanity. It's tragic. But, if I may, I think we really don't know what we can do, because the God of miracles is the one really doing it.

Sure, I'll agree to that. In the ultimate sense, I don't know what ANY of my actions or inactions, or thoughts or words, do. I can only see immediate, gross effects or lack of effects. I'm not able to see the cosmic significance of anything I do or don't do, and can really doubt that anything a nothing like me does or doesn't do CAN have a cosmic effect.

In any case, I don't have to worry about any of that. God didn't charge me with the responsibility to worry about such things. I can only apply the tools I've been given to the facts I'm given. And I see nothing positive, not one thing, that can come from engagement with protesting fanatics on the street. All that I can see is that it encourages them, by giving them the importance of having given them my time (which is more important to me than any of the insane nonsense they may be spewing), and by giving them a target to harangue who good manners and a sense of propriety of my own restrains from haranguing back.

A disciplined indifference is the best, and holiest, response in my eyes. Just because a lunatic is raving about Jesus doesn't mean that he's "possessed by the Holy Spirit", and I am not obliged to give an audience to every angry, crazy or fanatical person I meet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From further research, it appears the denomination is Apostolic.
Meaning: It calls itself "apostolic".

If it wasn't Catholic or Orthodox - or perhaps Anglican - it wasn't apostolic in the Catholic and Orthodox sense of that word.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A "disciplined indifference"?
By our own words we will be judged.
Correct?

I am not sure that you can call indifference spiritual discipline...but you can attribute it to your flesh...

No different than a servant who is given the seeds of life and decides not to go out into the field...

That would be wrong even before the eyes of an earthly employer.

And what, by the way, is so insane about them preaching the TRUTH of SALVATION in by and only through THE SON?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

If it wasn't Catholic or Orthodox - or perhaps Anglican - it wasn't apostolic in the Catholic and Orthodox sense of that word.
EXACTLY !
And rcc and orthodox is not apostolic in their sense or in the Protestant Christian sense of that word either.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The biblical model was that a woman always HAD ONE HUSBAND at a time...and if he died, she remarried...but she always and only HAD ONE HUSBAND.

The man, however, did have sometimes, more than one wife...

And all this was also prophetic of the ONE BRIDEGROOM...and HIS BRIDE...(which are many, but not ALL)...

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Well according to the Pastors website, they are nondenominational. It's sad to know that because the most frequent Protestant churches i've been to where Nondenominational and their churches have to be one of the best i've been too.

Did anyone watch the video or atleast parts of it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BornAgainChristian1

Mar 29, 2016
South Eastern Pa.
✟19,130.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would you consider Paul a "Christian" though ?
Because that is how these people preaching were initially presented in the OP as quote on quote:"Christians"

Already implying that they weren't
Why does it make a difference? Think about it.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A repost
What do you think of this
Screen_Shot_2016_07_14_at_12_46_52_AM.png

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well according to the Pastors website, they are nondenominational. It's sad to know that because the most frequent Protestant churches i've been to where Nondenominational and their churches have to be one of the best i've been too. Such a good, relational community that preaches the bible for real life applications and just building good relationships. Hillsong United, Everynation, etc.. to me, they got it all right. I guess it's a problem with every denomination, there will always be a leader who thinks this is the right way of evangelizing, because i've heard from some friends that there are even Catholic orgs that do this (never seen or heard of one but i'll take the info as true).

Did anyone watch the video or atleast parts of it?
you do understand that nondenominational is simply an outward name one has donned for themselves...and is more an outward profession before the eyes of men of how and who one worships in community with like-believers?

It's a representation of the outward church. And every outward denominational name is just that...an outward name one has given themselves as an outward profession of what should FIRST and MORE IMPORTANTLY be an inward profession...

It is the inward "Church" (the BRIDE) that is what is seen and professed inwardly before the eyes of GOD that matters...and this inward profession isn't hidden from HIM...

For if the outward profession of who we say we belong to before the eyes of men does not match that inward profession of who we say we belong to before the eyes of GOD, GOD won't be fooled...and if the inward and the outward do not match, it is simply called hypocrisy...

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
you do understand that nondenominational is simply an outward name one has donned for themselves...and is more an outward profession before the eyes of men of how and who one worships in community with like-believers?

It's a representation of the outward church. And every outward denominational name is just that...an outward name one has given themselves as an outward profession of what should FIRST and MORE IMPORTANTLY be an inward profession...

It is the inward "Church" (the BRIDE) that is what is seen and professed inwardly before the eyes of GOD that matters...and this inward profession isn't hidden from HIM...

For if the outward profession of who we say we belong to before the eyes of men does not match that inward profession of who we say we belong to before the eyes of GOD, GOD won't be fooled...and if the inward and the outward do not match, it is simply called hypocrisy...

What are you talking about?

Upvote 0