How do you battle the "Christian" protestors?

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what is taught. But let me ask you this, why would God put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden if He did not intend evil to enter into the world? Since He knows the beginning from the end, He knew they would fail the test -- so why put it in there? In addition to that, He also put Satan in the Garden. He put evil in the Garden to tempt them. He set them up for a fall?
They also teach that the Garden was perfect. How could it be with Satan in there tempting you?
This is my take on it. We needed to know good AND evil to appreciate what good is. We wouldn't really know unless we lived without it. We wouldn't know mercy, forgiveness, kindness, goodness, gentleness if we never knew the opposite. We wouldn't appreciate God and all His attributes unless we at times were without them. Isn't that the wonderful part of life, when you are sad, hurting, injured, poor, in need of something and then God sends you what you need? Living without God was necessary for me to realize and appreciate Him now. I know what love is because I've lived without it. I know what forgiveness is, because I needed it. I know what healing is because I was sick.
You really can't say He didn't intend it, especially since He set it up that way knowing we would fail. It was a perfect plan and that's how I see it.

Yes.

You said something that didn't seem relevant. You said, "HE did it so as to harvest to HIMSELF those who would remain faithful in THE WAY..." So he made man with a warring nature to harvest souls? That doesn't make sense.
okay.
Let me ask you this?
why did HE put the TREE of LIFE in the Garden?

I didn't make those words up...you should be able to find them in Judges 3...

Further, the WAY was blocked lest man eat of the TREE of LIFE and live forever.

Now, why would those created perfect, living in the full and holy glory of GOD'S PRESENCE, enjoying full fellowship with GOD even HAVE to eat of the TREE of LIFE?

They were innocent and they did not even know the difference between good and evil...all things were good and pure to those who are good and pure.

They disobeyed...
And even in GOD'S first and only commandment to man it was indeed clear that GOD, even from the abundance of HIS GRACE present from the beginning, knowing MANKIND/ADAM/OUR fall, created mankind...

GOD said in HIS COMMAND to HIS CHILDREN:
Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil for...
IN THE DAY that you eat of it
You will surely die.

GOD didn't say maybe, HE didn't say possibly, HE didn't say perchance.

HE said IN THE DAY that YOU do eat of it

Showing that HE knew there would be a day...

Adam was one man...he brought forth from his own body, Eve...and even she could not reflect the image of her husband.
There wasn't multiple interference.
It was one man and one woman...
And the woman listened to the wrong voice...and gave to her husband.

And their eyes were opened.
That was when they understood and were guilty and had to cover and hide themselves.

They knew the relationship changed.

and they were sent out from the GARDEN of GOD, covered with a bloodied covering of skins and the WAY back was barred...

But the TREE OF LIFE is in that GARDEN and the WAY was provided...that a man may eat of THE TREE of LIFE and live...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sir if you had read the last two posts just prior to this post you might not have said that
The way that the posting system is set up I do wonder if your reference of the last two posts are actually the ones that you meant.

There are no requirements for any poster to only post on the immediate active two or three above the composer feature.
Within the time it takes to compose something, there is likely to be other posters to publish theirs. So, any general reference to the two posts above your post in reply to my condolences, no longer makes any sense.

Earlier I'd read the post you gave about your mother then went on with my day, but then later I opted to return and give my condolences at the time that I happened to be thinking of my mother.. however by that time the discussion had moved your post about your mother out of the immediate post lineup, so I therefore used the offtopic indicator.

Your tone in addressing my offtopic seemed to me to indicate that you were annoyed and sought to advise me not to do such things.

Therefore, I will no longer address myself to you.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way that the posting system is set up I do wonder if your reference of the last two posts are actually the ones that you meant.

There are no requirements for any poster to only post on the immediate active two or three above the composer feature.
Within the time it takes to compose something, there is likely to be other posters to publish theirs. So, any general reference to the two posts above your post in reply to my condolences, no longer makes any sense.

Earlier I'd read the post you gave about your mother then went on with my day, but then later I opted to return and give my condolences at the time that I happened to be thinking of my mother.. however by that time the discussion had moved your post about your mother out of the immediate post lineup, so I therefore used the offtopic indicator.

Your tone in addressing my offtopic seemed to me to indicate that you were annoyed and sought to advise me not to do such things.

oh boy...
Did you mean to say that I was off topic.
Or that you were?

Now I see that I might have misunderstood you...

When you posted to my post
Who gave man his mouth
And said...

Off topic to your post.
I thought you were telling me that I was off topic by saying this...

But now I see another side and realize that I owe you an apology...

I am sorry.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry.

Reactions: Freedom Now
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You wanted to yell a bible verse at a loud argument between two groups filled with hate?? It wouldn't have had any effect I'm afraid. The things that man have had some effect would require some great courage. We never think of it at the time, but for instance, finding the 1/2 way point between the two groups, kneeling down in front of both groups, and beginning to pray a rosary, for instance, without speaking to either group about anything whatsoever, unless they asked you something. The the visible witness of prayer in peace. Who knows what may have resulted from that. I've personally seen it work wonders between pro-life/pro-choice people when you're not being accusative to anyone. Not saying anything to anyone. Not shouting anything. Just simply holding your beads, and praying while the world swirls around you. A blessed witness to all. The Holy Spirit takes care of the rest.

I suggest you watch the video so you understand a bit more. It's not about refuting them to be honest but more of to show those who don't know Christ or may have walked away that their display isn't the actual teachings of Jesus. What if there was a person of a different religion who is walking away from his current beliefs and is searching for truth, why would he/she choose Christianity and Jesus (the way, the truth and the Life) when this could be his impression of what believing in Jesus is like?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Ah, now I get it. That is actually funny.

Now if you declare that "non-denominational" is just another denomination,

would you be so kind to explain to me, what this "non-denominational" denomination consists of.

Thank you so kindly.

May God bless you.
Non-denominationalism:
A pathological desire to be independent of authority.
An idea that denominations are wrong, and that non-denominationalism is the way to right that wrong.
Basic evangelicalism with variations under that label.

Some non-denominational churches have no right to call themselves such as they have become legitimate denominations, such as Calvary Chapel or Vineyard.

As I said, a non-denominational church is every bit as divisive as a denominational church. The only way to cure the Church of the sin of division is to reunite it, not to further divide it into tens of thousands of pieces.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh boy...
Did you mean to say that I was off topic.
Or that you were?

Now I see that I might have misunderstood you...

When you posted to my post
Who gave man his mouth
And said...

Off topic to your post.
I thought you were telling me that I was off topic by saying this...

But now I see another side and realize that I owe you an apology...

I am sorry.
Apology accepted. I did not mean that you were offtopic, but I fully realized that I was. I should have said "Pardon me for being offtopic.." .. I suppose that I also could have posted a stand alone condolence addressed to you. That would have, I think, been the best way to avoid misunderstandings.
I do hope that any future exchanges that we might have will be minus the confusion.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apology accepted. I did not mean that you were offtopic, but I fully realized that I was. I should have said "Pardon me for being offtopic.." .. I suppose that I also could have posted a stand alone condolence addressed to you. That would have, I think, been the best way to avoid misunderstandings.
I do hope that any future exchanges that we might have will be minus the confusion.
Yes. Me too! Again. So sorry.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
why did HE put the TREE of LIFE in the Garden?

Given my take on the Tree of Knowledge and Evil, The Tree of Life was part of God's creation and again, He knew that Adam and Eve would take the other route. Nevertheless, eternal life has always been offered and available. And in the near future we will eat of the Tree of Life alongside the river in the New Jerusalem, which will be Heaven on Earth.

Now, why would those created perfect, living in the full and holy glory of GOD'S PRESENCE, enjoying full fellowship with GOD even HAVE to eat of the TREE of LIFE?

The Bible said that if they ate of it, they would remain in the state that they were for eternity. It's obvious that God's plan was perfect, there were no surprises. He knew what was going to happen and the Tree of Life was there so that they would know and we would know that Life eternal has always been on the table, also that they learned what they missed out on. It wouldn't be fair to just put one tree with one consequence.

They were innocent and they did not even know the difference between good and evil...all things were good and pure to those who are good and pure.
That's just it, they didn't understand what good was.

They disobeyed...
And even in GOD'S first and only commandment to man it was indeed clear that GOD, even from the abundance of HIS GRACE present from the beginning, knowing MANKIND/ADAM/OUR fall, created mankind...
They disobeyed the one law he gave them. This was perfect. He would choose a nation to work out his plan and a Savior arrive at a certain time to dwell among us and teach us, to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, transform the world and offer once again, eternal life - and He knew this prior to the creation! It is a perfect plan and actually nothing messed it up. He factored in our sins, evil, blunders, for a purpose. Even now, the stage is being set for the final events to take place, His Return for Judgment. The Middle East stage is being set, Iran, Russia, Korea, China, every nation and person, all part of the scenario that will lead up to the end of the world as we know it. But then, God will rid the world of sin and evil for 1000 years.

HE said IN THE DAY that YOU do eat of it
In that day, they died, not completely, but their days were numbered. Sin entered into the world, distorted everything that was made down to our genetic codes. Diseases, bacteria, viruses were all born on that day. Fear in the animal kingdom appeared, evil and vicious ways of living, murder, and such. And mosquitos, leeches, predators and parasites -- hate them all. But the earth was cursed that way. But we do have something to look forward to.
More significantly, they died spiritually. Mankind turned bad and only a few of Adam's offspring remained faithful until the Flood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve did NOT need to eat of the TREE of LIFE while in the GARDEN.

They had the fullness of LIFE...both physical and spiritual.
They did not know the difference between life and death as they had NOT yet eaten of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil to understand that there even is something outside of GOD'S initial plan for their life.

GOD created all things that were good...
GOD gave HIS SON.
This is THE GOOD GIFT of GOD planned from the beginning since GOD knew OUR/ADAM/MANKIND'S fall from the beginning.

And yet man, who ate of the tree of knowledge rejects what is GOOD for him?
And the ONLY WAY back into THE PRESENCE/GARDEN of GOD...

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many ways back to THE TREE of LIFE?
And what do we have to "look forward to"?
And do we have ETERNAL LIFE now?
Or do we have to wait?
If you are born again, you have eternal life now. After we receive our new bodies at the resurrection, we will be able to eat from the Tree of Life that has different fruits for every month. We look forward to that heavenly realm where there is no sin or evil, peace, beauty beyond what we can imagine, perfection.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are born again, you have eternal life now. After we receive our new bodies at the resurrection, we will be able to eat from the Tree of Life that has different fruits for every month. We look forward to that heavenly realm where there is no sin or evil, peace, beauty beyond what we can imagine, perfection.

I'm confused?
If I have been born again of HIS LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT, I have ETERNAL LIFE now.

But when I get my new immortal and glorified body, then I will be able to eat from the TREE of LIFE...

And I look forward to this heavenly realm where there is no sin or evil?

Then why do I need to eat from the Tree of Life to maintain my health and life if everything is PERFECT?

Hasn't THE WAY back to the Tree of Life already been given, that I have eternal life NOW?

And is it the food that gives one life, or isn't it the ONE who provides the food who gives life?

Those who "overcome" will have the right to eat from the Tree of Life which is in the garden of GOD.

Did you ever wonder what HE meant by saying those who "overcome"?
What does it mean to "overcome"?

According to THE WORD of TRUTH, that is...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm confused?
If I have ETERNAL LIFE now.
But when I get my new immortal body, then I will be able to eat from the TREE of LIFE...
And I look forward to this heavenly realm where there is no sin or evil?
The Tree of Life in the Garden was a physical tree with fruit. Spiritually, Jesus is the vine, you are the branches. You ate of the fruit (the Word of God), you ate his flesh (spiritually speaking). Remember he told the disciples you must eat my flesh and drink my blood? Well, whenever we have communion, symbolically we eat his body and drink his blood - in remembrance of Him. Heavenly trees with fruit "for the healing of the nations" is something that is still beyond our understanding. We'll just have to wait and experience it first hand.
The New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven. It will be a heavenly city on the new earth. Will this be during the Millennial Kingdom or after? I'm not sure.

Did you ever wonder what HE meant by saying those who "overcome"?
What does it mean to "overcome"?

Persevere the Great Tribulation Period until the last trumpet. (#7)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Tree of Life in the Garden was a physical tree with fruit. Spiritually, Jesus is the vine, you are the branches. You ate of the fruit (the Word of God), you ate his flesh (spiritually speaking). Remember he told the disciples you must eat my flesh and drink my blood? Well, whenever we have communion, symbolically we eat his body and drink his blood - in remembrance of Him. Heavenly trees with fruit "for the healing of the nations" is something that is still beyond our understanding. We'll just have to wait and experience it first hand.
The New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven. It will be a heavenly city on the new earth. Will this be during the Millennial Kingdom or after? I'm not sure.

Persevere the Great Tribulation Period until the last trumpet. (#7)
Amen.
And 1John 5 actually explains what it means to overcome.
Not to mention those noted in Revelation 12

Your right, the tree for the healing of the nations, (maybe along with the Fountain opened up to the inhabitants of David) are beyond my understanding...

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I might be putting my self out there.. pearls kind of thing. I once saw a man standing and shouting at people going in to a movie theater about how wrong it was. So I asked the Father right there..He said.. if they are for me they are not against me. Its not the way He would do it.. but.. like the word says the word is getting out.

Another time I was reading about .. some people that believe they are the real Israel. Now I as all happy in what I know to be true and was going to .. let them know. Out of no where He says "dont be so condescending". What got me was.. He was sticking up for them ..yet they are wrong.

Yet there are those that really blood of Jesus let people have it.. wait till later and talk to them.. or ask to ..can we talk for a second.. I just would like to read something to you. But there are those that .. will not move budge.. they are right period.. so pray for them.. see the good 1st. Relax.. be at peace.. and at that moment.. LISTEN to the sweet sweet holy Spirit in you.. HE will tell you help you with what to say

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
A video like that reminds me of the passage, you shall know them by their works.

Why battle people like that? They are in number, even if there are a few. And also, how do you know they're actually Christians? How do you know they aren't those that they're claiming to protest against in that way hoping to mar the message of Jesus and his teachings on those topics? So as to implicate Jesus as one who acts just like them.

It's the same thing if you encounter someone mad at you and raising their voice and screaming at you.
Either do not answer a fool in such a way as they act or they'll drag you into their little circle of fool. Stay silent.
If you have to speak , speak softly. This way that person who screams and has chaos ringing in their own head ready to launch with another barrage of screaming as soon as you stop talking, or even as you are, will have to strain to listen. And if they talk over you, stop talking immediately.

People like those in the video aren't there to reason. They're there to offend. And unfortunately, in the name of the christ they think they know.

Upvote 0