How do you battle the "Christian" protestors?

BornAgainChristian1

Mar 29, 2016
South Eastern Pa.
✟19,130.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Normally it is best to just walk away, however an incident happened last night at Union Square in New York City, in where a "Christian" Church was causing a huge commotion. They wearing shirts and yelling on the top of their lungs on how homosexuals, Catholics, jews, and random sinners are in need of repentance or they are going to hell. The crowds in Union Square blew up and it became a huge debate between them and the crowds. They even had the audacity to be a bit racial by saying negative things about Black people (ironically, some of the protestors were black). It was a huge blow up, with cops around and it reached about 4+ hours.

As a Christian who is Catholic but is also very close to a Non-denominational-Protestant church, i found this very offensive because of the fact that it was destroying the true of Image that Christ wanted.. and there just comes a time where you can't just let that happen.

What kind of biblical verse can you give that rebukes this kind of acts? Do you and your church support this yourself - going into a public area with huge signs "Jesus is God", "Repent" and yell at the top of your lungs as to why they should repent?

edit:27 min video of it (I was there for almost 4 hours btw)

Kind of like Nehemiah and Paul did?

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Miknik5, I also believe my Catholic Church is the true Church. But I think I can do more good by not demonstrating against anotherr church. What is goo in another church comes from God(Vatican2)
Yes and He knows His body which is The True Church and not limited to one denomination for in every outward structural church mixed in amongst the pews are those who know who and what the truly do worship and those who simply borrow The Name

It isn't our work to uproot anything for that very reason.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Miknik, did you watch the entire video? Be honest. If you did, and you saw the signs and listened carefully, yet still think it's ok then I respectfully disagree with you on that.
No only the first clip posted

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Earlier, i was browsing videos and just posting them with out watching. I posted a 7 min video that contained a girl yelling that women are not allowed to preach as some form of rebuking towards the Asian girl talking.. I can understand why Miknik would think they are innocent off of that. The 27min one is different.
I'll look at it. Is the 7in clip included in that one

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Did he say that other Christians were telling them to preach He said to notice that before they began to preach that sort of asked permission from the crowd on if the crowd was willing to hear

He said other Christians in that crowd, which is completely false. You didn't see the segment of the lady who was rebuking them as to how they aren't following Jesus' commandments, please look at that.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i can't read the sign. Does the sign include Catholics?

Because if it does this. The sign is wrong already

They had their own sign for catholics and muslims, the fat guy with the cap standing next him also spoke, before the asian girl. His talking was mostly bashing of Jews and Catholics and both are the wrong "religions" endangered of hell. You can hear some Catholic bashing in the video I posted.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
again from the 7m clip there wasn't much respecting at all

And that lack of respect was predominantly the crowd and not the "Christians" preaching

Watch the longer video, did it ever occur to you that there is a reason why no one is respecting them anymore? The girl is the third one who preached. I wouldn't respect that either, if other christians couldn't then try to think what the reason is. Just watch the 27 min video.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is more of that video, and this is still not the whole thing.

Watch the more of it, instead of just deciding off that 7 min clip and take a look at one sign that was shown at the end, then come back and tell me if you still think this wasn't dishonoring. Why do you think one of the loud guys there was yelling "read your bible, speak of love and unity not hate!", why did he say "you are holding a black bible", because there was a lot of other things this lady was saying before the recording started. You can hear more, just watch this 27 min clip of what was going on from 9pm(the time i arrived to see this) to nearly 12 am.

Not everything they said was theologically incorrect but their way of preaching is what the concern is.

The Pastor is definetly smart, he has one video of him talking with Homosexuals and a Muslim convert and I couldn't disagree with his arguments, but this presentation and what they were doing in Union Square is what i think is where they are wrong.
I can't. It gave me a big headache...it was chaos and confusion.
I watched the whole thing and the man simply said yes, catholicism is not following biblical principles and he supported that by asking (at least trying to ask an unruly crowd who didn't really have any interest in hearing) where in the bible does it ever reference a pope...

That is it...and the chinese man accused the man of being anti catholic, anti homosexual, anti this anti that which is TRUTH...not that any man has a right to do anything to any of these but they can let them know that GOD also is against adding to the FOUNDATION (which is CHRIST) anything that is "yeast" (which is man-made additions)...that is what is meant when the Catholic is wrong...not because the Catholic does not believe in the FOUNDATIONAL TRUTH of the GOSPEL, but that they have added this idea that they are THE CHURCH and have this apostolic succession which is only an apostolic succession if one is born and led by THE HOLY SPIRIT...and not Peter or the Pope.

Just as Paul would have said, who is "Cephas" (Peter), who is Apollos...my additive here: who is the Pope?

Only men by whom we should have understood and heard the WORD of TRUTH which is SALVATION in and only in by and through JESUS CHRIST.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watch the longer video, did it ever occur to you that there is a reason why no one is respecting them anymore? The girl is the third one who preached. I wouldn't respect that either, if other christians couldn't then try to think what the reason is. Just watch the 27 min video.
By the way, the above Whole video begins showing the girl (whom you said was the third one to preach).

Is there another video which shows the first two who preached BEFORE the third girl?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so confused! Every time I click on each of these videos attached here, they all seem to be somewhat the same?

Therefore, I am not sure that this is the whole of what happened...
I wish I could hear the full of the outcome between the "christian woman" from a line of pastors and teachers and the man who asked if he could ask her a question after she finished reminding him of the GREAT COMMANDMENT...

She said not to judge.
But here's the thing...and this is what we do judge NOW...those in CHRIST and those not in CHRIST...and if we can point to THE DOOR, which is really what these who came to preach in Union Square's true motive and agenda were, then how is that NOT LOVE?

How is it LOVE to withhold the TRUTH from even one ear?
And how is it LOVE if one who has been given THE TRUTH of THE GOSPEL to NOT announce it to every ear?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not to judge.
It is true...
GOD will lay bare every hidden agenda/motive of the heart and the mind of ALL men...then will man receive his praise from the ONE whom he wishes to serve.

Either it is himself he wishes to serve.
Or, it is THE FATHER of OUR SALVATION in, by and through HIS SON...

That applies to those who came to preach and to those who were in the crowd "hearing?" the Message.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Would that make a difference?
Doesn't GOD already know whose hearts are pure before HIM and those whose hearts aren't pure before for HIM?

HE does know those who worship in spirit and in truth from those who simply do lip service to THE NAME.
Perhaps the shrinking of the church in the west lately is a good thing. How many were taken to church or went to church, still do now? Tells me something was wrong 30-50 years ago with those revivals. It created a bunch of a church goers and hardly any christians who are fruitful. The next generation just repeat the habits of their parents, the nominal Christians whose hearts do not belong to God, or those who "walked away" from the faith.. or most likely.. never had it to begin with. All that prayer in schools, and ten commandments did nothing to keep all these folks in the faith for the rest of their lives or promote their faith among their children and children's children.

"It took several centuries... to convert Britain to Christianity, but it has taken less than forty years for the country to forsake it." - Callum Brown

Reactions: Cernunnos
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think, after seeing this , the best way to preach the Gospel is handing out tracts of John 3:16 through 3:20

Ending with the reminder that Jesus loves you...it is not Gods will that any should perish.

What is Gids will and work?

If you are interested in discovering gods will and work the answer to both can be found in John 6

May you consider in seeking to know the Truth today

Jesus: the way the Truth and the Life
No man comes to the Father except through Him

May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ give you the spirit of wisdom and knowledge to better understand this Great Salvation which is in by and through The Son whom The Father has sent into the world for the forgiveness of sin and the restoring and reconciling back to The Father those who believe through faith in His Blood

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the shrinking of the church in the west lately is a good thing. How many were taken to church or went to church, still do now? Tells me something was wrong 30-50 years ago with those revivals. It created a bunch of a church goers and hardly any christians who are fruitful. The next generation just repeat the habits of their parents, the nominal Christians whose hearts do not belong to God, or those who "walked away" from the faith.. or most likely.. never had it to begin with. All that prayer in schools, and ten commandments did nothing to keep all these folks in the faith for the rest of their lives or promote their faith among their children and children's children.

"It took several centuries... to convert Britain to Christianity, but it has taken less than forty years for the country to forsake it." - Callum Brown
Because that generation entrusted their spiritual health to their church leaders not fully understanding that they could come to know Him for themselves. One's personal relationship with the Lotd is that a personal relationship with Him growing in our knowledge of Him and Him alone
That promise of s New Covenant as prophecied on Jeremiah 31 is fulfilled for all those who hear the gospel as it should be heard as from God and believe where Thst true profession of faith is before the eyes of God upon the heart

Those are truly baptized into Christ have died with Him for we believe that One died therefore all were dead (so how can what is dead be made alive?) and are raised again and made alive to God (in His Son) a new creation in Christ born of His Life-giving spirit and no longer live to themselves but to the One who died and purchased them at a dear and costly price

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many are just going through the motions but do not seek to know Him for themselves.

And should
Then they will need no man to tell them "know the Lord"
For from the least to the greatest He will sprinkle them with clean water and remember their sins no more...and they shall all be taught by God

That is the promise of the new covenant in His blood. For those who believe are truly washed (by His blood) and are justified (in the sight of God through faith in His Son)

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read Romans 10
We who preach the Truth of Christ are not allowed to say who will ascend or who will descend

But we were told to "go"

That means we do not know who will hear and believe. But HE does. And that Truth is sufficient to the "worker" who entered into HIS LABOR

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might not understand these words but it goes back to every man (man bring both women and men) should seek to Know Him for themselves.

Those who are covered by the right garment (which is the garment that washed us) can't really share their garment or even suggest to any man another way into the kingdom without that garment

All must have that garment and if they don't They can't come to the "wedding"

Matthew 22

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And those who have that garment really wouldn't have behaved in the manner that some in the crowd exhibited

They would have understood that these were preaching to the lost (who have not yet been gathered up to God in Christ) to any who have ears to hear that might hear the truth of their salvation and believe and be saved ...."out from the world"

Upvote 0