Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It seems to be in vogue these days to accuse a person who is white of being a racist. The person being accused of this seems to have no way of defending themselves against such an accusation other than to claim they aren't racist, which then leads to the circular reasoning of, "That's exactly what a racist would say!". Not much different from a witch trial.

Then what would be proof for a white person that they aren't racist? Having black friends? Giving reparation money to a black person for slavery committed by ancestors? Bowing down or kneeling to a mob of rioters? Putting a "Black Lives Matter" bumper sticker on your car?

The best people to answer the question might be someone who finds themselves seeing racism in white people and society on a regular basis.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It seems to be in vogue these days to accuse a person who is white of being a racist. The person being accused of this seems to have no way of defending themselves against such an accusation other than to claim they aren't racist, which then leads to the circular reasoning of, "That's exactly what a racist would say!". Not much different from a witch trial.

Then what would be proof for a white person that they aren't racist? Having black friends? Giving reparation money to a black person for slavery committed by ancestors? Bowing down or kneeling to a mob of rioters? Putting a "Black Lives Matter" bumper sticker on your car?

The best people to answer the question might be someone who finds themselves seeing racism in white people and society on a regular basis.
If somebody claims you are racist when you know you are not, why would you even feel a need to defend yourself to such an individual?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a lot of bad coming with the good things in our modern world and people are very foolish if they think that they are faultless and preaching a pristine and beautiful morality. There are some that have a strange kink to humiliate themselves due to the desire to Virtue signal and to fit in with what seems good in certain groups eyes. people are now going so far as condemning experts in the stem fields, because some believe that everything must be infected with their ideology.

This politically correct morality going around has potential for both great deeds and sickening evils. No one escapes from their own freedom and conditions of their spirit. People should be testing themselves and making sure of what's in their heart.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If somebody claims you are racist when you know you are not, why would you even feel a need to defend yourself to such an individual?
Well one reason is because racist can be murdered by a mob. It is dangerous to be labeled as a racist.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Then what would be proof for a white person that they aren't racist? Having black friends? Giving reparation money to a black person for slavery committed by ancestors? Bowing down or kneeling to a mob of rioters?

Answer: there is none. If the accusation is baseless, there is nothing with which to rebut it. Not in the mind of anyone who wants to believe it to be true, which is usually a good enough outcome for the persons making the accusations.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

"You are racist" is a mantra for some people who cannot deal with the fact they are not successful in their life. Its a blaming strategy, I would simply ignore it. There is no need to prove anything.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because the charge is repulsive to most people and not simply a generalized and slang term on the order of "jerk" or "clown," it once was the case that an unfairly accused person really felt the need to rebut this allegation.

But now that it's been worn out with overuse and an obvious lack of concern for anything approaching real facts, you probably are correct with your advice. :)

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Ask them if they are a hugger and give them a hug.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just smile and say, "Prove it." (Or just smile.) :D
Smiling can be racist too. Just ask the students of Covington Catholic High School who were taunted in your face and chose to passively smile in response. That went viral with the cries of them being racist. Pretty much anything you do or do not do is proof of racism. Because the word 'racism' now only means 'I don't like you'.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems to be in vogue
If someone was accusing me for "vogue" reasons . . . meaning in order to pressure me to support certain Democratic candidates . . . I might counter with how I care about unborn black lives, and so I can't vote for a person who is ok with killing unborn black people.

But if the person really finds me to have racial issues, yes I am not perfect, but I know better. And, also, I can look too much and the wrong way at women. And, of course, I am certain some number of black men also can have issues of that sort; so while I need to get right and real with God, so do a number of blacks need to get themselves really right, versus if they are mainly trying to criticize certain whites. We all need to get more real in how to love, then.

But I will discuss how blacks want me to treat them. I still am perplexed about what to call them > colored, Afros, blacks? Or do I not call them by any categorization, and just be good with everyone and hope in prayer for any and all equally?

what would be proof for a white person that they aren't racist?
Proof would really be because God knows how I really am. Then . . . let each person speak for oneself about what he or she expects and how he or she sees me and things.

And pray about the feedback I get, because God does use people to help me see how I am wrong and lacking.

Bowing down or kneeling to a mob of rioters?
My impression is that not all kneeling is to a riotous mob. There is the police commissioner who communicated with a group, then took a knee. One riot officer went to put a knee down, and a buddy yanked him back up maybe so fast that his knee never made it to the pavement :)

So, I would say not all demonstrations and officers are alike.

And so, if somebody can categorize every demonstration as being a riot, this could mean that person does have issues so he or she can treat all blacks, all officers, all demonstrations like they all are alike. And this can mean the person does have some kind of prejudice problem.

So, then . . . if there were to be any real proof that you are prejudiced . . . you would be the proof!!

Your character could be the proof; and proof could be if you are too fast to criticize a black group for trying to make changes . . . while you are not so fast to criticize ones of another ethnic group or cause.

I notice how ones have been very instant to speak for what "Black Lives Matter" means . . . saying it has to mean certain people mean that only black people matter. But there is the possible meaning that it means other lives have mattered to white people, and black lives should matter to them, too. So, the same term can have an exclusive or inclusive meaning. And, of course, with God I can make His good use of it.

Or, we can improve on it. A young girl made a sign that says, "I love black people." I would call this an improvement . . . by a white girl.

Love matters more than our lives, I would say. This brings me to another matter > how ones can smoke, and their bad example is helping young black people to feel that smoking is cool. And then they can grow up and get cancer and suffer so much more than what some rogue officer might do to them. So, I say those black lives of those children matter enough to stop the smoking which is helping to ruin them and their lives and doom them to torture along with their family's torment if they get cancer and then die of it.

Oh yes . . . ones will deflect from this, by saying oh those police are supposed to be of a high level of character and behavior, because they are ones of authority. But each of us is an authority figure, and our example has power and authority with children. And likely we spend more time with children, than officers do.

Putting a "Black Lives Matter" bumper sticker on your car?
I might add, "too" or "equally".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom

So many potential things one could say I guess. Here's maybe one, "You might find yourself shocked to discover that the Almighty God might judge you for trying to judge me, unjustly and seeking to destroy my reputation. Because I love you I'd encourage you to reconsider what you're doing." (see Matt 7:1)

That is kind of strong above but when people willingly choose to launch out bearing what could be false witness about another that really is no light thing. Prov 19:19 Scripture really compares trying to decimate another character as a type of murder. If the one they seek to condemn genuinely in the OPINION OF GOD are of a noble character and another human is speaking a different thing they might find their future days may not be so good.

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 1 Pt 3:10

Lesson:
Don't just go about yapping things off about people . God will define what they were in the day of judgment.

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This situation is not black and white at all and anyone who treats it like it is is not being wise. It is obviously one of those powerful emotional truths that has various sides that have valid points. In general the right is reacting against the accusations of the left. The right will enforce certain points and the left will enforce other certain points.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is a bunch of "woe is me" nonsense invoked to distract one's conscience from the moral responsibilities of living in a racist society.

And what would those moral responsibilities falling on every resident actually be (assuming your description of society is correct)?

Become a vigilante, destroy property, ambush police officers at random, throw Molotov cocktails, secede from the USA, call people who disagree "Fascist?" ??

Or something else?

It's fine and good to say that everyone has a moral responsibility, but what IS that responsibility exactly? I have just listed the approaches being taken by people who have most recently been in the news, but I would like to hear those of other people. Since we all have a "moral responsibility," you know.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...Become a vigilante, destroy property, ambush police officers at random, throw Molotov cocktails, secede from the USA, call people who disagree "Fascist?" ??....
How can you even ask if its your moral responsibility to do those things?

Its like you want to be un-serious about his whole issue.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How can you even ask if its your moral responsibility to do those things?
I didn't. I said that some people have made those actions their ethical response to what they consider to be a racist society.

I asked what actions ought to be taken, if anyone thinks that everybody has a "moral responsibility" to oppose racism but without necessarily doing the things I named. I referred to them because they have been so much in the news lately.

Well, what IS that responsibility? You said we have that responsibility.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I didn't.
Yes you did. Its right here:
And what would those moral responsibilities falling on every resident actually be (assuming your description of society is correct)?

Become a vigilante, destroy property, ambush police officers at random, throw Molotov cocktails, secede from the USA, call people who disagree "Fascist?" ??...
Youre happy and willing to have the "shiny object" of on TV violence distract you from any serious consideration of whats going on in our society.

To answer your question: our responsibility is to end the racism in society that exists, and to repair the damage it does to people. I'm intentionally framing this in broad language just to establish the basic moral principle.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0