Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It seems to be in vogue these days to accuse a person who is white of being a racist. The person being accused of this seems to have no way of defending themselves against such an accusation other than to claim they aren't racist, which then leads to the circular reasoning of, "That's exactly what a racist would say!". Not much different from a witch trial.

Then what would be proof for a white person that they aren't racist? Having black friends? Giving reparation money to a black person for slavery committed by ancestors? Bowing down or kneeling to a mob of rioters? Putting a "Black Lives Matter" bumper sticker on your car?

The best people to answer the question might be someone who finds themselves seeing racism in white people and society on a regular basis.

The term racist lost any semblance of meaning long ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems to be in vogue these days to accuse a person who is white of being a racist. The person being accused of this seems to have no way of defending themselves against such an accusation other than to claim they aren't racist, which then leads to the circular reasoning of, "That's exactly what a racist would say!". Not much different from a witch trial.

Then what would be proof for a white person that they aren't racist? Having black friends? Giving reparation money to a black person for slavery committed by ancestors? Bowing down or kneeling to a mob of rioters? Putting a "Black Lives Matter" bumper sticker on your car?

The best people to answer the question might be someone who finds themselves seeing racism in white people and society on a regular basis.
Grovel. Apologize. Say you are racist and own it and work on it from here on out. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Grovel. Apologize. Say you are racist and own it and work on it from here on out. ;)

Probably have to attend a re-education camp as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If racism is defined as any criticism of minority culture or behavior (no matter how true, or well intentioned) then I am a racist.

It's grown to mean words and objects as well such as sidewalks, sleep, self reliance, brownies, Mt. Rushmore, master bedrooms, ownership, etc.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The term racist lost any semblance of meaning long ago.
The word hasn't lost meaning, it's just that there are a lot of people out there who try to redefine the word so it means something it does not. When this happens they need to be corrected. A common tactic I've seen used (and debated) is when racist black people often claim black people cannot be racist; only white people can. I've debated and refuted countless bigots on this issue and each time they get mad and run away. The best way to deal with this problem is to challenge it IMO

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The word hasn't lost meaning, it's just that there are a lot of people out there who try to redefine the word so it means something it does not. When this happens they need to be corrected. A common tactic I've seen used (and debated) is when racist black people often claim black people cannot be racist; only white people can. I've debated and refuted countless bigots on this issue and each time they get mad and run away. The best way to deal with this problem is to challenge it IMO

It hasn't lost meaning when it's used to get people fired from their jobs.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

One can not disprove a negative. It is the responsibility of the person making the claim to prove it. The best answer to an accusation is laugh and call them a racist because only someone who is a racist will call someone else a racist. The old it takes one to know one fallacy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The book of Acts says we are all of "one blood". I point out that I attended the Inkster Schools in my area. There were only six white students in the district. And, then I talk about people I was friends with.

God Bless,
daniel

Upvote 0